elm_baraja_shaman
Luca
Abramovich
Cotes
inderbaby
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forza Juve - Great Return to the Champions League - Page 2 Empty Re: Forza Juve - Great Return to the Champions League

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:19 am

Oh I could have felt that nervous feeling they had and their legs were shaking a little but we were not that bad in the firs thalf if Marchisio scored that one on one we would have beaten chelsea easly they would have opened up more not that they weren't.

All in all we are class and force we need to continue this

on Eta Beta he always had it but he needs to start showing it more it seems the Bendtner signing was good motivation for him and Matri did you noticed how much was Matri running

BTW Quagli kind of attacked Conte today after the game in a interview :

Fabio Quagliarella explained what he was thinking when he nutmegged Petr Cech to earn a 2-2 draw for Juventus.

“Considering the way the game was going, this is a very important result for us against the reigning champions,” he said of the Champions League result at Chelsea.

“I was about to shoot with my left foot, then I realised the defender wasn’t there, so I took it into a one-on-one with Cech.”

Quagliarella had come off the bench a few minutes earlier, replacing Sebastian Giovinco.

“It was a tough game. I was called upon and hoped to have a few chances to score. I took one and went close with another by hitting the bar. I gave my all.

“It’s certainly not easy to sit on the bench and watch the matches from the sidelines, but in a big team there is always going to be competition. I always sit there hoping to a) start or b) to come off the bench. Maybe earlier than the last 10 minutes!”

Quagliarella ran to hug stand-in Coach Massimo Carrera after the goal, but revealed it wasn’t his original intention.

“I was running towards Marco Storari to celebrate with him and was very pleased to hug Massimo, as he is someone who suffers along with us. It was his Champions League debut too, so we were all a bit tense and emotional.

“I have felt 100 per cent fit for a while, but if you don’t play consistently then match fitness is tough to achieve. It’s not something you can get from training alone.”

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Forza Juve - Great Return to the Champions League - Page 2 Empty Re: Forza Juve - Great Return to the Champions League

Post by Luca Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:24 am

I don't think he meant he was training alone Dejan (if that's why you highlighted alone)

He meant training isn't enough to gain fitness, you need games

Did anyone notice the ex-Udinese contingent today?

Quagliarella-Vucinic
Asamoah Isla

Asamoah/Quagliarella/Isla

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 am

Luca wrote:I don't think he meant he was training alone Dejan (if that's why you highlighted alone)

Quagliarella-Vucinic
Asamoah Isla

Judinese? hmm
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:40 am

Luca wrote:I don't think he meant he was training alone Dejan (if that's why you highlighted alone)

Quagliarella-Vucinic
Asamoah Isla

I highlighted it for the reason you said not that he is traning alone
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 am

juveman17 wrote:

Quagliarella-Vucinic
Asamoah Isla

Judinese? hmm

I wouldn't go quite that far, but it's just an interesting thing to see

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:42 am

DeviAngel wrote:

Quagliarella-Vucinic
Asamoah Isla

I thought so, just wanted to clarify
It was really nice to see him score and then hit the bar
Can't really say he is 'back' based off that, but hopefully this will be a building block for him

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:47 am

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Quagliarella-Vucinic
Asamoah Isla

I thought so, just wanted to clarify
It was really nice to see him score and then hit the bar
Can't really say he is 'back' based off that, but hopefully this will be a building block for him

I hope he is back I missed him.

Does anyone remember the SKY report from the experts saying and clarifying Matri's problem ? Now I even belive more in that its a little bit because of the tactics but 100% is because like they said he is tired to tired he works and runs to much for striker which is built from him.

BTW the good news is that Bendtner is just 2 pounds away from desired weight that Conte asked so we will be seeing him soon he was traning today in the park alone before the team training and than he was part of the team traning to I LOVE HOW HE WANTS TO PROVE HIMSELF AND IS HUNGRY !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:05 am

I am not a Juve fan, but I think Giovinco is too small and weak to play against CL teams. he was forced off the ball every time he touched the ball.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:10 am

norton wrote:I am not a Juve fan, but I think Giovinco is too small and weak to play against CL teams. he was forced off the ball every time he touched the ball.
Maybe he can use his body better..? There are ways around this otherwise xavi would suck
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:15 am

Gio has a lot to learn lets not jump to the guns so fast like the last time. Lets give him time he proved in Parma he can do it its just to early
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:47 am

Luca I'm just continuing the discussion here from the GS.

Luca wrote:
To Arq:

I think we were both right.

The first 30 minutes, your analysis was spot on. Juventus couldn't create much, and they looked very nervous.

However, the rest of the game showed Conte's spirit even without him on the touchline. The substitutions were great, and the game opened up. Great spirit from Juventus

Great game

Arquitecto wrote:

I wanted to catch up with you on this.

Juve were exactly how I predicted in the 1st 30 mins. Yet the rest game the game was mostly Juve. Carerra from what I have seen isn't Conte (obviously) but actually has a very good understanding of the game and has the balls that Conte has. I am very surprised how Juve got back into the game as this I forgot how good they are when down goals.

Chelsea after the 30 mins played their tactics well yet didn't watch out for Vidal's increasing presence and Marchisio's classic ability to turn on the f**king afterburners to full and grab the game by the neck when Juve are down. Both of them combined superbly to take the game back into there hands. 2nd half was a purely Juve half although Chelsea looked great in there counters exploiting Juve's high line. Yet Pirlo finally got into the game because Juve finally played organized to their disorganized 3-5-2 in the beginning of the game. Therefore Asamoah could exert more influence while Vidal and Marchisio made it look easy. I wanted Chelsea to win yet am happy Quags got this vital goal as its no surprise Mr. Clutch did just that. Classic angle of Quagliarella for the goal and I knew he wouldn't miss.

Notes:

-Giovinco despite playing very well against Chelsea last time (Juve-Chelsea knockout rounds) was off today. He has a few great passes yet was off mark and wasteful. I personally think he thrives better with a 9 and not Vucinic. I might be wrong since Gio's confidence wasn't there.

-Vucinic was superb. And I mean he was very good. Neal and I discussed how he had everything but the goal. Held up the ball and was vital in getting Juve back into the game. Under pressure and tight space he is astoundingly good. If not for the wasted chance he would be MOTM.

-Lichtsteiner is WC. Completely marked out Hazard despite a little off pace yet was perfect.

-Barza and Cheillini were fantastic. Yet Bonnuci the best CB with his calm and composed role as his Sweeper role. Encouraging.

-Pirlo looked fatigued even at the Genoa game and shouldn't have played that game. He needs to rest in smaller games where Vidal can support Marchisio is his proven subdued passing deep role or at least Pogba. Pirlo needs rest.

-Carrera had balls bringing in Quagliarella and especially partnering him with Matri ( a combo which doesn't work) but it showed his attacking intent. Isla was another risky move but he replicated Licht's exploits with Hazard.

Overall I am very surprised Juve did so well given their first Euro start as its obvious Conte (and Carerra) have given them an iron mentality. Conte's lack of touchline and training presence WILL effect them. But not as much as I thought especially considering I may be underestimating Carerra. They can only get better in European games. Shaktar at home will be Juve's next Cl game and will probably be the hardest since Shaktar are superb at home (but not so much away). Its better to get the most difficult tie over with as I don't see Chelsea performing so well like they did in SB than at the Juve Arena.

Overall an interesting tactical battle but Juve for me was the better overall team (so were the fans who dominated Laughing ). Chelsea did nothing wrong yet sadly couldn't hold off the midfield resurgence by Mar-Vid. Their goals were a deflection and a wondergoal when Vidal was off so I wouldn't be too worried. Juve just need to find the right balance up front supporting their 3-5-2.

Vucinic and Vidal honourable mentions.

But Marchisio MOTM. No doubt.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
norton wrote:I am not a Juve fan, but I think Giovinco is too small and weak to play against CL teams. he was forced off the ball every time he touched the ball.
Maybe he can use his body better..? There are ways around this otherwise xavi would suck

Xavi is a playmaker, giovinco is a goal scorer.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by juvefan4life Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Abramovich wrote:You watch it again lol, it's a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

This is champions league mate. If that would be a penalty it would be a scandal :facepalm:

And about our remarkable comeback, there are just a few teams in Europe that go down by two goals in champions league as guests and score to make 2-2,
Sir Alex Ferguson once said: I always show my players, videos of juventus playing but not for the tactics but for the desire to win...

Should i say more?

juvefan4life
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2