Have Chelsea,Manchester City and PSG ruined football?

+25
Jay29
Magricos
fatman123
StrikingMidfield
Bosi
Abramovich
teamanarchy
FennecFox7
Kuru
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Swanhends
Onyx
StrugaRock
Die Borussen
RealGunner
the xcx
Adit
gnrfan
BarrileteCosmico
Art Morte
Funkentelechy
halamadrid2
BAYERN_MUNICH
Shrekkisfat
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Have Chelsea,Manchester City and PSG ruined football? Empty Have Chelsea,Manchester City and PSG ruined football?

Post by Shrekkisfat Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:01 pm

In my opinion,they have.These clubs since they were owned by rich owners have given ridiculous contracts to persuade players into joining them.Which has made other clubs do a bit of the same to keep up with them,which has made football more about money than it is about Passion and Pride.For example,one of the best midfielders of all time in Zidane used to make 3.8m pounds per year even when he was in the richest club in the world.Now James effin Milner is making more than 5m pounds per year.Lets look at each of these clubs individually.

Chelsea:Before Chelsea were bought by Abrahmovich in 2003,they had only won Englands top division once and that was more than 45 years before that.They had only qualified for the Champions League once,three years before that.Historically,they were not even in the top 15-20 clubs in England.Last year they won the CL.In his eight completed seasons in charge, Chelsea spent an incredible £642,584,000 on buying players — and then a mindboggling £1,170,591,000 on paying them. That makes an eye-watering total of £1,813,175,000.That was before this summer too.The numbers speak for themselves.

City:Before they were bought in 2008 by Abu Dhabi United Group they had won the Premier League twice,one more than Chelsea.In the last 20 years or so,they have been known as the punching bags of Manchester.Right now they have been paying ridiculous transfer fees and contracts.
PSG:Not as bad as the other two but they have have been spending alot of money as of late.

You may or may not include Real Madrid in that.I didnt because they were going to become a great team again because of their history and they just speeded up the process by spending tons of money.
Shrekkisfat
Shrekkisfat
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Have Chelsea,Manchester City and PSG ruined football? Empty Re: Have Chelsea,Manchester City and PSG ruined football?

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:05 pm

I can't wait for the financial fairplay because then things will change
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Have Chelsea,Manchester City and PSG ruined football? Empty Re: Have Chelsea,Manchester City and PSG ruined football?

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:06 pm

City are improving they are actually working towards the FFP

Don't know about Chelsea and PSG are in a period where they need to build their team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:14 pm

There's nothing new about them. Milan, for instance, has done the same in the past.

But I do agree that their "business model" is generally bad for the sport and needs to be restrained.
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Their actions have increased the gap between rich and middle-class-to-poor clubs, but I wouldn't say 'ruined'.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:17 pm

The CL (and the revenue generated by belonging to it) has been more damaging to football than the new-rich clubs.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:18 pm

BPL would still be a two horse race if it werent for roman...
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Over 5 billion coming out of nowhere to english football actually made the league popular. The new increased TV deal PL is getting is down to the effect of Abramobich and Sheik injecting 5 billion within a short period of time.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Just a matter of time when Abra and the rich mansour stops caring about his toys Laughing.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:26 pm

That's not gonna happen. It's a false hope.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:29 pm

money is the reason football is so attractive..

so no they didnt ruin it, they made it more interesting

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:30 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:City are improving they are actually working towards the FFP

Don't know about Chelsea and PSG are in a period where they need to build their team

FFP has it's loop holes, and this is the biggest:
The owner to sponsor his own club from a company that he ownes. Simple, take City for example, Etihad is going to give City 400m pounds per year, problem solved. The owner is not filling City's bank directly.

Not much of a big deal for sugar daddy's, it's going to be a problem for small teams who don't have financial backing from a rich billionaire.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Not really imo. What's the point of a transfer market then?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrekkisfat Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Ninis wrote:money is the reason football is so attractive..

For me,Football was a bit more interesting pre-2005.
Shrekkisfat
Shrekkisfat
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Shrekkisfat wrote:

wants explanation.

There were sugar daddy run football clubs before 2005 too.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrekkisfat Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Not like right now though.Oh and btw the biggest Sugar daddy was Perez.
Shrekkisfat
Shrekkisfat
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The CL (and the revenue generated by belonging to it) has been more damaging to football than the new-rich clubs.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Shrekkisfat wrote:

maybe, but it doesnt necessarily have to do anything with this situation

even without these 3 clubs being rich football could very well be less interesting than it was
what i mean is they do not have much impact in football "attractiveness"
if they have, its more into the positive way at least in my opinion

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Shrekkisfat wrote:Not like right now though.Oh and btw the biggest Sugar daddy was Perez.

Laughing

aaah really? how much did perez inject from his bank account?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrekkisfat Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Adit wrote:
Shrekkisfat wrote:Not like right now though.Oh and btw the biggest Sugar daddy was Perez.

Laughing

You're the one that should know,not me.Oh right I forgot you started supporting Real Madrid when Cristiano Ronaldo went there.My bad.
Shrekkisfat
Shrekkisfat
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Man City and PSG have barely done anything yet imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Shrekkisfat wrote:
Adit wrote:

Laughing

You're the one that should know,not me.Oh right I forgot you started supporting Real Madrid when Cristiano Ronaldo went there.My bad.

or may be Youre uneducated about anything about real madrid and brags about how perez is a sugar daddy (which is retarded statement to begin with ) and you want me to go know about RM now? oh dear.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:02 pm

also money pride and passion mix together

ibra is a diehard qsg lover now he would cut his ponytail for them
aguero is passionate with etihad & the supporters, did you see him in that last EPL goal?
do you remember that day? arab money was the reason it happened.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrekkisfat Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Adit wrote:
Shrekkisfat wrote:
Adit wrote:

Laughing

or may be Youre uneducated about anything about real madrid and brags about how perez is a sugar daddy (which is retarded statement to begin with ) and you want me to go know about RM now? oh dear.
I probably know more about Real Madrid than you do and I barely even watch them.
Shrekkisfat
Shrekkisfat
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:05 pm

Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next