And Suarez with some MAGIC! ! cheers

But still just can't seem to get off from a horrible sad feeling Sad

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Man City - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Man City

Post by McAgger Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:24

mr-r34 wrote:Only plus is agger and sahin coming into that team, stil yet to see what assadi can offer us, have to wait till the next PL as he cant play in EL fml

I really doubt we'll see Assaidi against Arsenal. So he'll have to wait till Sunderland game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:29

I am not too dissapointed with the result tbh because we are still playing PL champions and its natural to make mistakes like this when we are adopting to a style of play like this.

Biggest positives for me are

1.BR courage to start Sterling and Coates in such a big pressure match and what a response from them.Looked every inch quality.Cant remember a single mistake from Coates and Sterling was absolutely mesmerising.Goat performance from both and Coates in particular.

2.Our mentality.Almost everytime last season when we conceded a goal we will just give up.Not today our mentality to conceding the goal was superb.Hopefully this is not a exception rather the norm.

And finally we needed a performance like this after west brom game.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:34

Martin Kelly - 22
Seba Coates - 21
Joe Allen - 22
Jonjo Shelvey - 20
Raheem Sterling - 17
Fabio Borini - 21

Our manager has balls of steel :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:36

Fahim89 wrote:A brilliant display of football. . .

4-0 to LFC!

Skrtel with a HATTRICK! affraid

I think you're being a little too harsh on Martin. Can't really be blamed for City's first goal.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:37

Coates and Sterling playing better than Carragher and Downing so why not?
Shelvey is a boss and will replace Gerrard when he retires.

I think the match can be summed up by :facepalm:
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:45

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

4-0 to LFC!

I think you're being a little too harsh on Martin. Can't really be blamed for City's first goal.

Well for the 1st goal not entirely but for the 2nd one yes . . not trying to be harsh that's why the shocked look! don't expect this from him Sad

But you see the City goals where unnecessary . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:48

mr-r34 wrote:Only plus is agger and sahin coming into that team, stil yet to see what assadi can offer us, have to wait till the next PL as he cant play in EL fml

I really doubt we'll see Assaidi against Arsenal. So he'll have to wait till Sunderland game.
Assaidi might get a sub appearance, especially if Sterling starts the EL playoff at Anfield. I doubt he will start against Arsenal, though. That would be a pretty big gamble on Rodgers's part.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:49

Rodgers on Sterling: "An easy decision. I said I wouldn't pick players on status or what they've done but on what I see in front of me."

Rodgers on Skrtel: "It's all part of the journey. I commend his courage to get on the ball. The easy thing is to smash it up the pitch."

:bow: :bow:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:50

donttreadonred wrote:

Assaidi might get a sub appearance, especially if Sterling starts the EL playoff at Anfield. I doubt he will start against Arsenal, though. That would be a pretty big gamble on Rodgers's part.

Well i am assuming Enrique to start in the EL fixture & Downing to fill in at LB Razz

rofl
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:51

Fahim89 wrote:

4-0 to LFC!

Well for the 1st goal not entirely but for the 2nd one yes . . not trying to be harsh that's why the shocked look! don't expect this from him Sad

Skrtel tends lose focus without Agger keeping in check, and tbh every goal is unnecessary when it's against your club Very Happy

PS love the avatar....which game was that in?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 20:05

We played some great football today. I am disappointed with the result, but we've always said that playing great football and trying hard to win would be enough. (At least I have)

We did just that.
Defense :

Reina did well and there was nothing he could have done for the two goals. Those were just defensive lapses.

Kelly isn't the best going forward in my opinion. He was on point defensively though. Never gave up and was decent positionally. Unfortunate on the first goal.

Coates needs to concentrate a little more and be a little more urgent when in position. He did ok otherwise.

Skrtel was a monster for the entire game and that little lapse at the end was very unfortunate. His header was massive. Great goal.

Johnson did ok at left back. But I couldn't help but long for him to play on the right where he is more effective.

Glad to see Enrique back. But I have to admit his play seems to be a little infuriating at times. He tends to try and do too much by himself instead of playing an easy pass.

Midfield:

Gerrard played a much better game than last week. He was everywhere. Kept the ball moving and made some good runs. He did mess up a couple of passes, but he is usually looking for that killer pass and did well on the whole.

I really hope Lucas is ok.

Shelvey stepped up this game as well. He is still a little careless, but more playing time will be good for him. Can't help but wonder why Henderson didn't come on instead.

Allen was amazing. A commentator rightfully described him as being efficient. His footballing mind is great and when he moves the ball, it is almost always the best decision available to him. I'm impressed.

Attack:

Borini needs more time. His passing isn't the best unfortunately. He definitely has some skill and the most stand out quality of his is his movement. He is usually in the right place at the right time.

Sterling was awesome. He does need to bulk up a little as defenders tend to over power him quite easily. But, he is not afraid to try and beat his man. What he does need to improve is his crossing; both high and low ones. He needs to look up and find a player to pass to as opposed to blindly playing it in.

Suarez was brilliant. He created a lot and his free kick was sublime. With that said, I'd love to see him improve his finishing. There were two good chances that could have easily been goals.

The team played very well on the whole. Very pleased with the performance. Rodger's system is slowly taking shape. We just need to stay focused. There were points in the game where we just lost the system and sort of resorted back to our usual style. Around 5-10 minutes after the second goal, IIRC.

Either way, good stuff. Unfortunate result.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 20:16

Fahim89 wrote:

4-0 to LFC!

Skrtel tends lose focus without Agger keeping in check, and tbh every goal is unnecessary when it's against your club
Very Happy

PS love the avatar....which game was that in?

Fact! :bow:

The mafia where keeping tabs on the discussed match with the Godfather himself gracing with his presence :bow: The guy has some classsssssssssssss! I sort of had a feeling you would fall for the pic Razz Very Happy

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 7:20

Congratz Liverpool. You've found the right manager and style of play. Expect a heated confrontation between Liverpool and United next time we play. The rivalry is refueled!!

And Brendan Rodgers!!
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 7:39

SchinnerC wrote:Congratz Liverpool. You've found the right manager and style of play. Expect a heated confrontation between Liverpool and United next time we play. The rivalry is refueled!!

And Brendan Rodgers!!

When has it not bean heated ?? Laughing
Last 10 game show Liverpool winning 5 times drawing once,and United winning only 4 (18 goals scored to United's 13). We might not have been very good in the past 3 years but we've been holding ourselves very well against Utd. I would go as far as to say that Utd have been disappointing lately in the games not us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 9:25

Genuinely dissapointed to be honest.

There's no doubt we were the better team and actually played well - but two silly mistakes cost us 2 points again. We need to stop dropping points at home. Yes, it's still at the start of the season, but we should of easily finished the game off if we had more composure in the box.

Borini's runs and sheer determination are amazing for his age, but he needs to learn how to pass/play the ball when it matters and needs to keep composed when inside the box. That Sterling cross was a sitter, he just had to put it on target.

On to Sterling and what can you say to compliment him? He's amazing. Just a gem to watch. Timed his runs and did nearly everything right. Helped out defensively too, and I personally think he'll get majority of the games at Anfield if Downing continues to play like... well Downing. You know you're in for a hard time if a 17 year old is outperforming a 28 year who cost 20m pounds. Rafa did great to see the potential in to sign him.

Another one of those was Jonjo. Did great in midfield today, and looked to have pushed himself at the end of the game by picking up little injuries. Much better performance than he played against Gomel.

Coates also looked great.

Skrtel was back to his best, and he's genuinely going to be upset with the mistake he made. He'll come back though, and he'll come back mentally stronger with Rodgers aid.

Don't think anyone can criticize Carroll today. Came in, put a shift and nearly put us infront again. Can't bash him for his movement either, as he looked mobile today.

Saying all that, Rodgers had balls to play a young side against the reigning champions and if not for stupid mistakes, should of got 3 points. Exciting times lie in the future of LFC.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 10:05

SchinnerC wrote:Congratz Liverpool. You've found the right manager and style of play. Expect a heated confrontation between Liverpool and United next time we play. The rivalry is refueled!!

And Brendan Rodgers!!

Last 10 game show Liverpool winning 5 times drawing once,and United winning only 4 (18 goals scored to United's 13). We might not have been very good in the past 3 years but we've been holding ourselves very well against Utd. I would go as far as to say that Utd have been disappointing lately in the games not us.

And Brendan Rodgers!!

Because titles are not on the line?? Not that it is not already heated though, Liverpool back in the top 4 will definitely add more fuel to the fire.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 17:54

A good game, gutted for that last goal but it didn't erase the fact that we were better than City. The Etihad stadium will be a whole new story, though, but we should go with confidence into our next games.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by yoonie Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 6:57

A fair result, though Liverpool surely feels deflated! i'm hoping they would beat perhaps the best team in the league.

for consolation, at least it wasn't another loss in the record. Just evaded the bottom of the table. Congratulations Liverpool!
yoonie
yoonie
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 17:30

by the way....atmosphere was amazing at Anfield.

reminded me of my day at Anfield 6 months ago :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 17:52

Schweini wrote:by the way....atmosphere was amazing at Anfield.

reminded me of my day at Anfield 6 months ago :bow:

Usually is in big games but this time I feel the crowd was galvanized through the pre-match presentation of Sahin.

Sad fact is that Anfield is a complete shadow of what it used to be as we now no longer can proudly gush about our world famous atmosphere any more. It just isn't what it used to be despite the occasional bursts of chants.

European nights is a different story though. Very Happy
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2