Zealous
The Messiah
Le Samourai
S
che
Juveman17
11 posters

Go down

My ban is absurd and embarrassing, fumes Conte Empty My ban is absurd and embarrassing, fumes Conte

Post by Juveman17 Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Conte has now seen all of his attempts to legally clear his name fail, and with Massimo Carrera now set to fill in as caretaker manager for the remainder of the season, the 43-year-old took to a press conference to share his side of the story.

“The time has arrived for us to talk after hearing what everyone else had to say,” said Conte to reporters.

“I’ve always respected the rules, on and off the pitch. I have comported myself in the right way throughout this whole affair.

"I’ve behaved in the right way, despite the fact that I have suffered some grave injustice. I’ve never placed a bet in my life, but I’ve become an advert for the betting scandal. Now I want to clear a few things up."

Conte then proceeded hit out at former player Filippo Carobbio, who provided evidence against the Bianconeri boss that helped the prosecution achieve its guilty verdict.

“They judged Pippo Carobbio, who they painted as my best friend, as a reliable and credible person, while the Federal Prosecutor has deemed me not credible.

"What the Federal Prosecutor said is chilling. I consider a plea bargain blackmail. I'm an innocent person, yet I’m told by my lawyer to plea-bargain.

“It’s embarrassing. They have ruined my credibility in the changing room. Those people who know me know what type of person Antonio Conte is.

"I’m used to winning on the field of play. It’s all absurd. Everyone needs to understand what has been done to me because it is embarrassing.

“Now I’m afraid to argue with one of my own players. If I send one of my players into the stands then this type of thing can happen.

"They believe the word of someone who has been selling games for three-and-a-half years, someone who sold his family.

“What can I do? Take a camcorder with me everywhere which records my every move? This type of thing can now happen to anyone."

The former midfielder also reacted incredulously to the words of Italian judge Piero Sandulli, who claimed that he was lucky to have escaped a three-year ban for his involvement in the scandal.

“Yesterday’s comments [by Sandulli] seemed to be the icing on the cake. I was left appalled by what was said by one of the commission’s judges, who, perhaps in order to make the papers, said some unusual things," he concluded.

Here is the video if anyone want's to watch it:

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

My ban is absurd and embarrassing, fumes Conte Empty Re: My ban is absurd and embarrassing, fumes Conte

Post by Juveman17 Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Btw, The Novara-Siena game has been said by the FIGC that Conte is innocent in that game. The only game left if Albinoleffe-Siena.

I don't understand how Conte can be charged like this by one "credible" witness. Carobbio is a man who cannot be trusted..........how can you take one man's word against 23 others?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

My ban is absurd and embarrassing, fumes Conte Empty Re: My ban is absurd and embarrassing, fumes Conte

Post by che Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:06 pm

so he agreed to a 3 month ban but a 12 month ban is absurd? that escalated quickly...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:09 pm

che wrote:so he agreed to a 3 month ban but a 12 month ban is absurd? that escalated quickly...
che wrote:so he agreed to a 3 month ban but a 12 month ban is absurd? that escalated quickly...

A plea bargain for 3 months is not an admission of guilt........this 3 month ban was agreed with by the FIGC but they just used it to blackmail Conte. They turned it into evidence against when it shouldn't be.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:14 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/22581/contes-stand

Read this whole article.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:01 am

Having your mistakes exposed is usually embarrassing.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:37 am

Why always Juventus.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 am

juveman17 wrote:

A plea bargain for 3 months is not an admission of guilt........this 3 month ban was agreed with by the FIGC but they just used it to blackmail Conte. They turned it into evidence against when it shouldn't be.

Then he should fire his lawyer.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 am

LOL.....Why would you propose a plea bargain for 3 months if you know you are infact innocent? Conte can blame his lawyer all he wants but you have to be some kind of idiot to do that and expect anyone to think of you as innocent even if you truely are.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:09 am

nichabr wrote:LOL.....Why would you propose a plea bargain for 3 months if you know you are infact innocent? Conte can blame his lawyer all he wants but you have to be some kind of idiot to do that and expect anyone to think of you as innocent even if you truely are.

i wont repeat myself again.read this article please

http://www.football-italia.net/22581/contes-stand
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:13 am

I thought this thread was about some user being banned before reading after the comma. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:20 am

My ban is absurd and embarrassing, fumes Conte A1Aze1-CMAElVgL

Mastronunzio: Conte didn't play me the last 3 games because I WAS INJURED! Not because I didn't want to take part in fixing games."

Mastronunzio: "Conte never told us the draw was the result to get during that meeting".

This is contrary to what Carrobio has been claiming.

Mastronunzio told all that to the court but Palazzi belives Carobbio is credible and Mastronunzio isn't and Carrobio himself is a giant criminal ,its because of him that Conte got his ban in the first place cuz his evidence was 'deemed' credible.

Mastronunzio is an ex Siena player btw who played under Conte while he was in charge at Siena.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 am

Reason why i stopped supporting Juve. They cheated and never really apologized for it several years back. Now they hire a manager who was in charge of players involved in match fixing and he doesn't take responsibility as the manager... In fact, given their history, Juve should have fired Conte on the spot after he got the ban. They can't afford the association.

But regarding Conte specifically... this is like Rupert Murdoch saying he is not responsible for his employees when they wiretap people illegally. Murdoch is the CEO of Newscorp. Conte is the manager of his club. In the end, everything your employees/players do that affects the company/club is your responsibility. Just accept the consequences and move forward. He's lucky to still have a job.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 am

I dont know why this was even posted in the General Section.People speak what they want and claim too know it all which in reality isnt the case.Rather not have this topic here at all..

Next time Juveman17 please keep it within the Juventus section itself.Posting threads like these is asking for more trolling content as there's just too much ignorance around here.

Btw Juventus board believe that Conte is innocent in this whole fixing affair and they will be backing him 100%.This whole trial is so laughable really,one criminal witness is enough to award a severe punishment.Even Conte's assistant coach Alessio as he says here " “I was charged and sentenced without even being interviewed by the prosecution. I was judged without ever being heard!”.

Last edited by Surag on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:08 am

You can read his full speech which he gave yesterday

Spoiler:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:11 am

The Juventus board... the proven bastion of moral and ethical behavior in football. :bow:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:26 am

Dont try to start a fight here..You're better than that.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Surag wrote:I dont know why this was even posted in the General Section.People speak what they want and claim too know it all which in reality isnt the case.Rather not have this topic here at all..

Next time Juveman17 please keep it within the Juventus section itself.Posting threads like these is asking for trolling content as there's just too much ignorance around here.

Btw Juventus board believe that Conte is innocent in this whole fixing affair and they will be backing him 100%.This whole trial is so laughable really,one criminal witness is enough to award a severe punishment.Even Conte's assistant coach Alessio as he says here " “I was charged and sentenced without even being interviewed by the prosecution. I was judged without ever being heard!”.

Yea I'm not posting any Juve stuff in this section anymore. Way too many trolls on this forum.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Moved this thread back here as this is where it should've been posted to begin with.

I know you wanted to read the reaction from the rest of the forum Juveman17, but this thread was just going to end up getting derailed by the Anti-Juve contingent.

If you guys want clean, fair debate on this issue with other members of the forum, I suggest starting a thread in the new Clean Debate section. The comments I've seen so far in this thread will not be tolerated in that section.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:57 pm

McLewis wrote:Moved this thread back here as this is where it should've been posted to begin with.

I know you wanted to read the reaction from the rest of the forum Juveman17, but this thread was just going to end up getting derailed by the Anti-Juve contingent.

If you guys want clean, fair debate on this issue with other members of the forum, I suggest starting a thread in the new Clean Debate section. The comments I've seen so far in this thread will not be tolerated in that section.
Thanks McLewish I won't post anything like this in the General Section anymore.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:Reason why i stopped supporting Juve. They cheated and never really apologized for it several years back. Now they hire a manager who was in charge of players involved in match fixing and he doesn't take responsibility as the manager... In fact, given their history, Juve should have fired Conte on the spot after he got the ban. They can't afford the association.

But regarding Conte specifically... this is like Rupert Murdoch saying he is not responsible for his employees when they wiretap people illegally. Murdoch is the CEO of Newscorp. Conte is the manager of his club. In the end, everything your employees/players do that affects the company/club is your responsibility. Just accept the consequences and move forward. He's lucky to still have a job.

You stopped supporting juve because your not a real juve fan. Plain and simple .
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:26 pm

stefanobada wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Reason why i stopped supporting Juve. They cheated and never really apologized for it several years back. Now they hire a manager who was in charge of players involved in match fixing and he doesn't take responsibility as the manager... In fact, given their history, Juve should have fired Conte on the spot after he got the ban. They can't afford the association.

You stopped supporting juve because your not a real juve fan. Plain and simple .

Well said Stefano
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down