Is Luis Suarez the worst finisher amongst the top level strikers?

+29
TheRedStag
BeautifulGame
free_cat
vivabarca38
spanky
AnJl
RED
stevieg8
EL Patron
Raptorgunner
Freeza
Dnmac4
donttreadonred
Emaharg
Forza
Nishankly
Rev
Babun
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Messiah
lszanto
McAgger
Art Morte
Vibe
Red Alert
Onyx
Kick
julias
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is Luis Suarez the worst finisher amongst the top level strikers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Luis Suarez the worst finisher amongst the top level strikers?

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Suarez is a poor finisher for Liverpool.End of story.

But what baffles me is he suddenly turns to be Inzagi every time he plays for Uruguay.

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Luis Suarez the worst finisher amongst the top level strikers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Luis Suarez the worst finisher amongst the top level strikers?

Post by TheRedStag Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Boss dribbler, poor finisher
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Boss dribbler, poor finisher

Agreed, personally he shouldn't even be considered a striker i don't think he is one tbh.

He's a wide forward/winger, i can't personally bring myself to consider him a striker.

The only reason people are putting him down is because of his finishing so why don't we consider him a wide forward then finishing becomes irrelevant :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:52 pm

If he could finish like a GOAT Suarez would be the second coming of Messi tbh

Truth is while he's all around a fantastic player in most departments, he is not a good finisher. It's still alright because he creates so many chances, but one wonders exactly what his goal tally would be with some great finishing.

I just wonder where it's gone. He was a great finisher in Netherlands. Just because it's an easier league doesn't make it that much easier to finish really, so I don't really know what happened.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Forwards/Wingers are considered as strikers too.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Nameless wrote:Forwards/Wingers are considered as strikers too.

Nani and Valencia are strikers then?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Look you dont have to agree with me, I just stated my opinion.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

but they don't play in striking position, unlike Suarez.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Records are records though.Suarez had a good scoring record in the Eredivisie playing as a center forward.Its hard to categorize him as just a wide forward in that respect.

He does play outwide for Uruguay of what i've seen and does score a lot for them too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:12 pm

If it's someone like Ronaldo, then he'd be considered a forward imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:50 am

CF is a position. Striker is a mentality.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:32 am

Take Messi to Liverpool he'll nOt score 18goals, Liverpool are lavishing on their past glory, there is no much difference between them and Wigan Athletic and as you can see westbromwich are a better football club.

I am not going to sit here all day and prophecise if they can retake their past glory, but I am 100% certain Sahin will not join, simPly because he's too good for them, just to let you all knw that I am serious if he joins Liverpool I would either change my name or leave the forum, I am sure I'll not be doing any.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:54 am

I actually had given up on Sahin joining.

now I want him to join (Even if he gets injured the minute after)..simply if it means you'll f*ck off for ever.

hopefully to mountains of Climinjaro after being captured by human eaters in Somalia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:23 am

Schweini wrote:
hopefully to mountains of Climinjaro after being captured by human eaters in Somalia

You don't really wish that on anyone, you are just upset, calm down, I know you don't mean it.

Anyway, did you see how Pizarro smacked the ball in, he was free and we got Mandzukic for 13m euros, and Shaqiri for 9m Euros, those are the type of players Liverpool should be after, cheap but good. I'm still very upset with their transfer policy of all English player, that's what broke the camel back.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:46 am

The Messiah wrote:
Schweini wrote:

You don't really wish that on anyone, you are just upset, calm down, I know you don't mean it.

Anyway, did you see how Pizarro smacked the ball in, he was free and we got Mandzukic for 13m euros, and Shaqiri for 9m Euros, those are the type of players Liverpool should be after, cheap but good. I'm still very upset with their transfer policy of all English player, that's what broke the camel back.

Ah, so you're simply talking our your arse as per usual then. Thanks for clearing that up.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:35 am

RedOranje wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
Schweini wrote:

Ah, so you're simply talking our your arse as per usual then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Isnt that what Brought them in the Position they are in Now, I used to
Be a Liverpool admirer and I am upset about Thier
Whole Situation
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:11 am

The Messiah wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
Schweini wrote:

Whole Situation

Charlie Adam is Scottish. :coffee:
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 am

stevieg8 wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
Schweini wrote:

Whole Situation

Charlie Adam is Scottish. :coffee:
Joe Allen is Welsh.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:46 am

I'm sure he meant Great British.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:21 am

Coates, Suarez, Borini, Doni, Enrique, Assaidi?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:31 am

RedOranje wrote:Coates, Suarez, Borini, Doni, Enrique, Assaidi?

Dont mean signing of this Season or The One beföre, I am Talking about Daglish Transfer policy When he First took over, it was Liverpool golden opportunity to reclaim their rightful place but they blew it and now see how upset I'm about the whole situation.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:42 am

January when Dalglish took over: Carroll, Suarez.

Summer after Dalglish took over: Downing, Henderson, Bellamy, Adam, Enrique, Doni, Coates.

In both cases there were roughly as many foreign players bought as those from GB... quite a few more non-English than English as well.

Swing and miss. Care to try again?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:51 am

They overpaid for English players and it didn't exactly turn out well money would of been better spent overseas.
There was in no way a GB transfer policy, Liverpool just has many youngsters who were given game time which was why it may of seemed like this.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3