fatman123
Soul
lszanto
Shed
Blue Barrett
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea Empty Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:55 pm

PREMIER LEAGUE OPENING DAY

Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea 19
Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea 8f6797e
Kick Off: 13:30 GMT
Date: Sunday 19th August, 2012
Venue: DW Stadium
So there you have it; new season coming up. We've all been waiting patiently. Pre-season hasn't looked too good for Chelsea but there's been positives to draw from certain players and certain matches as a whole as far as performances and tactics go. Here's some more info:

Wigan Athletic:

Last match - Wigan 3-2 Wolves

Transfers In - Fraser Fyvie, Mauro Boselli, Ivan Ramis

Transfers Out - Hugo Rodellega, Chris Kirkland, Mohammed Diame, Lee Nicholls

Chelsea FC:
Last match - Chelsea 2-3 Man City

Transfers In - Marko Marin, Eden Hazard, Oscar dos Santos

Transfers Out - Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou, Jose Bosingwa, Florent Malouda(hopefully Twisted Evil)

Marko Marin's availability is not yet known. Hopefully he will be available. Sturridge is likely to see some time on the pitch as I think his "toe injury" isn't serious. Ivanovic will also be available.

Player to look out for:
Fernando Torres

Sky Betting:
Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea Capture

All match discussions before, during and after the match should be in here.

You can make your predictions here: https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t22847-the-12-13-prediction-thread.

Last edited by Barrettinator on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Wow, impressive.

Nice work Thumbs up
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:01 pm

My prediction in the other thread: 3-1 Chelsea. Unfortunately, I think we'll concede a goal no matter how many goals we score. Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
PREMIER LEAGUE OPENING DAY

Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea 19
Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea 8f6797e
Kick Off: 13:30 GMT
Date: Sunday 19th August, 2012
Venue: DW Stadium
So there you have it; new season coming up. We've all been waiting patiently. Pre-season hasn't looked too good for Chelsea but there's been positives to draw from certain players and certain matches as a whole as far as performances and tactics go. Here's some more info:

Wigan Athletic:

Last match - Wigan 3-2 Wolves

Transfers In - Fraser Fyvie, Mauro Boselli, Ivan Ramis

Transfers Out - Hugo Rodellega, Chris Kirkland, Mohammed Diame, Lee Nicholls

Chelsea FC:
Last match - Chelsea 2-3 Man City

Transfers In - Marko Marin, Eden Hazard, Oscar dos Santos

Transfers Out - Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou, Jose Bosingwa, Florent Malouda (hopefully Twisted Evil)

Marko Marin's availability is not yet known. Hopefully he will be available. Sturridge is likely to see some time on the pitch as I think his "toe injury" isn't serious. Ivanovic will also be available.

Player to look out for:
Fernando Torres

Sky Betting:
Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea Capture

All match discussions before, during and after the match should be in here.

You can make your predictions here: https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t22847-the-12-13-prediction-thread.

LMAO!! Just noticed thisPremier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea Smiley-rofl

Hopefully the fact that even 18-year-old Piazòn got a place on the bench over him yesterday is a sign he's on
his way out Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea Praying20smiley-1
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Barrettinator wrote:My prediction in the other thread: 3-1 Chelsea. Unfortunately, I think we'll concede a goal no matter how many goals we score. Laughing
Well one thing's for sure, there's no possible way it could be worse than this fixture was last year :facepalm:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:13 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:My prediction in the other thread: 3-1 Chelsea. Unfortunately, I think we'll concede a goal no matter how many goals we score. Laughing
Well one thing's for sure, there's no possible way it could be worse than this fixture was last year :facepalm:
Laughing
Dat AVB defense :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Laughing
That match was the quintessential AVB special: work forever until finally scoring a goal (barely), try and fail to kill the game off with another, then concede in the dying minutes of the match and drop two points that should have been a foregone conclusion before a ball was even kicked.

Can't say I miss it.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Laughing
That match was the quintessential AVB special: work forever until finally scoring a goal (barely), try and fail to kill the game off with another, then concede in the dying minutes of the match and drop two points that should have been a foregone conclusion before a ball was even kicked.

Can't say I miss it.

LOL I lost some hair during that period Laughing

I had absolutely no doubt he'd get fired after the WBA loss. In fact, I went to bed fully expecting to see the news of him getting fired the next morning.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Laughing

Can't say I miss it.

LOL I lost some hair during that period Laughing

I had absolutely no doubt he'd get fired after the WBA loss. In fact, I went to bed fully expecting to see the news of him getting fired the next morning.
Yea, I remember knowing it could be coming after that match, but for some reason, I was completely shocked. When the news flashed at the bottom of my screen while I was watching the Tyne-Wear derby that day, I honestly couldn't believe it.

I guess it was kind of like Liverpool fans when Queen Kenny was canned a few months ago. He was in "talks" with the owners here in America a full week before his fate was to be announced and everyone pretty much knew he was a goner, but most of the Pool fans I talked to said they were in a state of shock when they heard the news.

Pretty weird how the mind works Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Anyway, I think we'd either have wrapped up thee deal for Moses or be out of it by Sunday.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Anyway, I think we'd either have wrapped up thee deal for Moses or be out of it by Sunday.
God I hope so. I'm sick of hearing about it three times a week already.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Great thread, keep it up. There's a chance I might miss some of this due to work :S

Anybody know what time it will be in AEST?

EDIT: I think it's the same time as the Community Shield match, would that be correct? 22:30 AEST.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:25 pm

lszanto wrote:Great thread, keep it up. There's a chance I might miss some of this due to work :S

EDIT: I think it's the same time as the Community Shield match, would that be correct? 22:30 AEST.
Yes, that's correct.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
lszanto wrote:Great thread, keep it up. There's a chance I might miss some of this due to work :S

Yes, that's correct.

That's fantastic news, means it finishes well before work Very Happy
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 pm

lszanto wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Yes, that's correct.

That's fantastic news, means it finishes well before work Very Happy
Good for you.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Ah nice work Barret!

Agree with the fact we are pretty damn likely to concede despite winning.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 pm

this fixture last season was absolutley terrible, although it wasnt as bad as Swansea away :facepalm:

itll be a good game though, hopefuly we can get a few early goals so the likes of Piazon and Oscar can get a run

does anyone know if Ramires and David Luiz will be available after the Brazil game for the Wigan game?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Oscar is in the Brazil squad for the friendly aswell, couldn't find anything that suggests they will/won't be back for the game. It's a Sunday game so they've got an extra day but wouldn't be surprised if they are on the bench rather than in the XI.

Luiz can be covered by Cahill and Ramires can be covered by Marin depending on his injury situation, really hoping Malouda doesn't see the field.

Maybe even a youngster like Piazon/Bertrand in place of Ramires?

Or Moses :bow:
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Hope we start with a bang... First 2 months are going to be hard with the new look.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Line up will be

Cech
Ivan-cahill-terry-cole
Essien-Lamp
Rambo-Mata-Hazard
Torres
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:16 am

Rebelles.REUS.rex wrote:Line up will be

Cech
Ivan-cahill-terry-cole
Essien-Lamp
Rambo-Mata-Hazard
Torres

Only places that might differ is the double pivot and Rambo I think.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:19 am

You think Cahill will get the nod ahead of Luiz? Would like to take Luiz in my fantasy team hmm

Wigan look very light in the forwards department. Moses (while he's still there) and di Santo, okay, but after that it's Connor Sammon and some Callum McManaman who have one goal for Wigan between them.

Anyway, good luck with the match Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:20 am

Art Morte wrote:You think Cahill will get the nod ahead of Luiz? Would like to take Luiz in my fantasy team hmm

Wigan look very light in the forwards department. Moses (while he's still there) and di Santo, okay, but after that it's Connor Sammon and some Callum McManaman who have one goal for Wigan between them.

Anyway, good luck with the match Thumbs up

Luiz has a friendly on the 15th so we're guessing he won't start. Hopefully they are lacking firepower Razz
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:27 am

Oh, right, those damn friendlies right before the start of a new season :facepalm:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:27 am

Art Morte wrote:Oh, right, those damn friendlies right before the start of a new season :facepalm:

Pretty rubbish aye, do you guys lose anybody to them?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next