chinomaster182
urbaNRoots
Great Leader Sprucenuce
justdoit_
Potential
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fiorentina - 2014 CL finalist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fiorentina - 2014 CL finalist?

Post by McAgger Sun 11 Nov - 20:29:20

Sack Rodgers, Hire Montella :coffee:

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Fiorentina - 2014 CL finalist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fiorentina - 2014 CL finalist?

Post by Eivindo Sun 11 Nov - 23:27:21

tuddor wrote:
TomJuve wrote:Very promising team still overrated though, it's not like they beat last years Milan that is Milans 6th loss in 11 games. They beat a team that they should be finishing ahead of, nothing more.
Still Milan has some quality players.. And it's not just they beat Milan, they are on a 4 games winning streak.. remember when we played at Artemio Franchi, we had no shots on target

great players like Montolivo and ... (insert coin)
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun 11 Nov - 23:30:47

Montolivo and Sharaawy
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 11 Nov - 23:54:59

Is Zohore even playing?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun 11 Nov - 23:55:18

Fiorentina aren't over rated , not at all. The general consensus is they ve been doing better than expected and their project is going on smoothly so far. It's more they are being appreciated for it rather over rated.

As for their win in San Siro ,

truth is , the quality of our defence is very low these days. When in 1 from 2 games you concede as early as 15m in the game , and usualy not just this one , what can you do other than frustrate .
In all my years as a fan , i've never seen anything like this before , Milan pay almost for every mistake they make , it's terrible. Anyway.

Fiorentina are proving to be a great team , much credit to them . I am sure they will have a great season.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 12 Nov - 1:23:43

As I predicted Fiorentina are soaring in the Serie A with the Della Valle and Montella project. Montella with his 3-5-2 and technical midfield of Pizzaro, Aquilani and Borja feeding Jovetic and the live wire Ljajic has been immense not to mention their wonderful wingbacks and CBs. People who wrote off Fiorentina forgot they have the best manager under 40 possibly in Europe. Montella is not only a tactical genius but is playing some of the best football in Europe if not the best. I sincerely hope they make the Top 3 as I know they will be a force in Europe. Completely outplayed us today.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon 12 Nov - 1:39:02

Because they have Luca Toni I hope they do well, completely non-technical thing to say but My man LT deserves better :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 12 Nov - 1:44:05

They have the best home record in Italy. hmm

So long as either Viola or Napoli get the CL 3rd spot I'll be happy, you just know they'll at least make it to the last 8ths, unlike a certain Udinese Mad
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon 12 Nov - 2:42:11

BarrileteCosmico wrote:They have the best home record in Italy. hmm

So long as either Viola or Napoli get the CL 3rd spot I'll be happy, you just know they'll at least make it to the last 8ths, unlike a certain Udinese Mad

I'm hoping for Napoli, or one of Roma or AC Milan to magically have some sort of winter break miracle turnaround

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 12 Nov - 2:43:34

I love Roma, but for Serie A's best interest I wouldn't want them in the CL. Too inconsistent.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon 12 Nov - 2:46:20

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I love Roma, but for Serie A's best interest I wouldn't want them in the CL. Too inconsistent.

Lately, you might be right but I see Roma as more of the ideal team. They have been spending money the past couple seasons to make it back to the champions league. I think they would continue to spend if they did qualify, and Italy needs teams that will invest rather than turn a profit upon qualifying.

The last thing I want to see is another Udinese wasting away a champions league spot. Fiorentina may qualify but it will be a difficult task with Jovetic, if they sell him after qualifying it will be even worse.

Italy needs some more ambitious and competitive teams at the top of the table

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon 12 Nov - 3:20:24

We're not ready for the CL. At least not in the footballing perspective anyway. We've got the hierarchy and the backing for it, but the players and the tactics just aren't there and we're still rather thin at the back and even up front. I'd give it another season, 2 if Zeman stays on longer than his accustomed 2 seasons.

As for Fiorentina, I don't think they're ready either, at least not yet anyway. This side is in incredible form so far, but they have not experienced the hardships yet that a CL-caliber side will have to face. They've responded very well to losing Jovetic, but what happens if they lose Roncaglia or Pizarro or Cuadrado in addition? Who will step up for them in the CL if/when they find themselves in a similar situation as to where they were with Bayern? Cerci doesn't have the experience, Vargas isn't there anymore, Gonzalo is a possibility, but is prone to mistakes. In order for Fiorentina to challenge in the CL, their core must stay healthy and intact, protected from transfers and strife within the club.

Most important of all however is that they must hold onto Montella. Della Valle and Prade are going to have a real fight on their hands to keep him in Florence with Milan and Roma chief among his admirers. Beyond any player other than Jovetic, holding onto him is possibly their most important objective to remain a viable contender for the CL.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 12 Nov - 4:05:36

I'm pretty sure If Viola qualifies for CL then Jovetic will stay with them for at least another season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 19 Nov - 6:39:33

In 3rd place right now :bow:

And Jovetic is barely carrying them btw.Its their midfield that is doing all the talking on the pitch.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon 19 Nov - 7:03:53

How's Cuadrado doing for them?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 19 Nov - 7:48:06

Jova has been injured for two games now. But he was their main before that. They have a great all around team, would've done wonders in CL this season. Hopefully they can make it and keep this group together for next season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 19 Nov - 15:17:17

Borjito dominating Italia, his partnership with Aquilani is sex. :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 19 Nov - 17:22:43

Can someone rate Gonzalo's season? He's been a starter in nearly every game I gather.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 19 Nov - 17:38:42

Dat midfield :bow:

1 pt behind Inter.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 23 Jul - 19:58:01

La Viola Revolution continues.

Gomez, Ilicic, Joaquin, Giu. Rossi (like a new signing), Vargas (loan return), Ambrosini, and Marcos Alonso Proud

And most importantly retaining Pizarro, Ljajic, and Montella Proud

Add all of that to the likes of Aquilani, Cuadrado, Borja, Roncaglia, Gonzalo, Savic, El Hamdaoui, Matias, and Pasqual and you get a team that can definitely challenge Juve imo
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue 23 Jul - 20:01:19

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Top 3? roflroflrofl

Spoiler:

Almost got destroyed there ,almost if not for a ref decision............ :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 23 Jul - 20:03:36

They still won't finish top 3.

Also they only in the situation because of refereeing decisions against Milan so it works both ways.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue 23 Jul - 20:03:47

To be fair in Europe(Actual CL Europe, not the micky mouse cups ugly step-son cup) the Stefan Savic & co. defence would get murdered. They definitely need a defender.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 23 Jul - 20:13:26

GL jinx at it again.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Also they only in the situation because of refereeing decisions against Milan so it works both ways.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue 23 Jul - 20:16:53

Laughing They just wanted Milan to get 3rd place , it was oblivious
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue 23 Jul - 20:28:16

McAgger wrote:La Viola Revolution continues.

Gomez, Ilicic, Joaquin, Giu. Rossi (like a new signing), Vargas (loan return), Ambrosini, and Marcos Alonso Proud

And most importantly retaining Pizarro, Ljajic, and Montella Proud

Add all of that to the likes of Aquilani, Cuadrado, Borja, Roncaglia, Gonzalo, Savic, El Hamdaoui, Matias, and Pasqual and you get a team that can definitely challenge Juve imo

They are looking to sign more players supposedly.

They're definitely building an ambitious project.Gomez dint join them for Florence the City or that they sport purple shirts or something.lol.He joined for them for the project most importantly and it seems to me that they're looking to improving the squad each year capable of challenging for the title.Not to mention stadium renovation works have already begun.

Btw,Gomez is/will be the highest earner in Fiorentina's history.

So far their expenditures this year :
Gomez-€16m + bonuses
Cuadrado-€5m for his half
Joaquin-€2m
Ilicic-€10m

Not to mention they signed Rossi for €10m in January.

So thats €33m already spent in the market while they sold Jovetic for €26m + bonuses.And there's more to come.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next