Benfica the ever losing finalist and 2nd

+4
LeBéninois
fatman123
SaintJoe
BarcaLearning
8 posters

Go down

Benfica the ever losing finalist and 2nd Empty Benfica the ever losing finalist and 2nd

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Just saw the latest results, they lost the cup final, so they lost the title last week, Europa final mid week, and now this, what a terrible season! They also lost the Europa 2 seasons ago if I remember correctly. They only won the league once from Porto in the last 8 years.... I feel bad for them, and they must be one of the biggest chokers Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Benfica the ever losing finalist and 2nd Empty Re: Benfica the ever losing finalist and 2nd

Post by SaintJoe Sun May 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Losing League, Cup and Europa League in 2 weeks or so must be pretty bad...oh well Razz

BarcaLearning wrote:They also lost the Europa 2 seasons ago if I remember correctly.

They lost to Braga in the semi-finals.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Benfica the ever losing finalist and 2nd Empty Re: Benfica the ever losing finalist and 2nd

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 27, 2013 4:57 am

SaintJoe wrote:Losing League, Cup and Europa League in 2 weeks or so must be pretty bad...oh well Razz

BarcaLearning wrote:They also lost the Europa 2 seasons ago if I remember correctly.

They lost to Braga in the semi-finals.

Thats just as bad almost Laughing
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon May 27, 2013 5:07 am

At least Cardozo won his fight with Jesus after the game Laughing
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon May 27, 2013 5:34 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Just saw the latest results, they lost the cup final, so they lost the title last week, Europa final mid week, and now this, what a terrible season! They also lost the Europa 2 seasons ago if I remember correctly. They only won the league once from Porto in the last 8 years.... I feel bad for them, and they must be one of the biggest chokers Razz
And They lost The title and the europa league final in the adding time... must have been tough
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 27, 2013 6:25 am

The curse of Bela Guttmann
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 27, 2013 6:26 am

btw BarcaLearning dat avatar :wub:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon May 27, 2013 8:22 am

that Bela Guttmann's curse should've been long back dumped into obscurity.. players unknowingly might be giving half-hearted performances with the fear of the supposed 'curse'
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 27, 2013 5:05 pm

fatman123 wrote:At least Cardozo won his fight with Jesus after the game Laughing

McAgger wrote:btw BarcaLearning dat avatar :wub:

Cool I just happened to come across it, lots of nice ones here in this forum too Twisted Evil

I didnt watch the game or know the opponent, but surely Benfica should have won it.... the other team.... but then I can find similarities in Man City I guess Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 27, 2013 5:08 pm

McAgger wrote:The curse of beating Newcastle aka Footballs Poison
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Tue May 28, 2013 11:47 am

How on earth will they recover from this?
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 28, 2013 3:43 pm

They would need to be tough like Bayern mentally Razz But then I think some teams like Leverkusen have experienced similar things too... but I think it will be very hard now for the manager and the same players, they need new blood.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down