Conte assistant Stellini resigns

5 posters

Go down

Conte assistant Stellini resigns Empty Conte assistant Stellini resigns

Post by Juventude Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Antonio Conte’s assistant, Cristian Stellini, has resigned from the Juventus staff after he took a plea bargain in the betting trial.

The former Bari and Como player had been part of Conte’s staff while at Siena in 2010-11.I

It was during that experience that the events of the betting trial occurred, which saw Conteand assistant manager Angelo Alessio fight the charges of failing to alert authorities to a potential fix.

Stellini’s position was rather more serious and he accepted a plea bargain this week for a ban of two years and six months for sporting fraud.

This evening the official Juventus website published Stellini’s resignation letter, which was addressed to President Andrea Agnelli.

“The events of the last month have deeply affected me. In a short space of time I went from member of the technical staff of the champions of Italy to a cause of turmoil for those I worked with.

“Whatever the evolution of the legal situation I am in, I feel it is only right to show a professional attitude and release this weight from Juventus which fell on to the club’s shoulders due to my time elsewhere in my career.

"I think it is right to dedicate all my time and efforts to clearing my position in these matters, which are exclusively about me and not those I simply shared a locker room with.“I therefore tend my irrevocable resignation as technical assistant at Juventus.”
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Conte assistant Stellini resigns Empty Re: Conte assistant Stellini resigns

Post by Luca Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Do you guys still think conte is 100% clean? Or does this make him only 97% safe?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Conte is clean untill proven otherwise by the judges.

Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:55 pm

This was when stellini was at Bari not when he was with conte in Siena
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:16 pm

juveman17 wrote:This was when stellini was at Bari not when he was with conte in Siena

The former Bari and Como player had been part of Conte’s staff while at Siena in 2010-11.

It might be time to concede guys, either way Conte is getting a ban

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Nomad wrote:Conte is clean untill proven otherwise by the judges.

unfortunately, that's not how it works in italy. conte must prove his innocence
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Luca wrote:Do you guys still think conte is 100% clean? Or does this make him only 97% safe?

I have never thought that he is 100% clean, but I also do not claim to know the facts at all of this case. It is very difficult to know who is credible and who may be lying when you are getting the news through secondary sources in English.

I will say that if all Conte had was knowledge of this event, which many people may have had, it doesn't bother me that much and he deserves a much lighter penalty than the 15 months being discussed. I feel that the FIGC has already not punished the players and teams severely and any harsh punishment on Conte is more of a show by the FIGC and an attack at Juve.

In the end, I can safely say that the Italian system is broke and major reforms are needed. The inequalities in Italy's sporting justice system are ridiculous.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Juventude wrote:
Luca wrote:Do you guys still think conte is 100% clean? Or does this make him only 97% safe?

I have never thought that he is 100% clean, but I also do not claim to know the facts at all of this case. It is very difficult to know who is credible and who may be lying when you are getting the news through secondary sources in English.

I will say that if all Conte had was knowledge of this event, which many people may have had, it doesn't bother me that much and he deserves a much lighter penalty than the 15 months being discussed. I feel that the FIGC has already not punished the players and teams severely and any harsh punishment on Conte is more of a show by the FIGC and an attack at Juve.

In the end, I can safely say that the Italian system is broke and major reforms are needed. The inequalities in Italy's sporting justice system are ridiculous.

15 months may be seen as severe, I think so too. But negligence does need to be cracked down on to force managers and players in the same position to step forward. Conte will get the short end of the stick because he is now managing a much higher profile club so if an example is made of him, all the managers of smaller clubs will really get the message.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum