Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin?

+35
Peccadillo
SUPERCARTTS
Bosscielny
BeamsvilleGooner
VendettaRed07
SchinnerC
RealGunner
juventus101
halamadrid2
Gil
gunner1987
6unner
Jay29
MJ
AnJl
la bestia negra
lenear1030
Sina
Emaharg
Wilson37
Eman
DuringTheWar
abirking
since1996
mani88
Raptorgunner
REWB
Rev
SamuelJayC
I Have Mono
Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
LeBĂ©ninois
Sri
JohnnyJayy2
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin?

Post by MJ Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:17 am

In short, I'm glad this is Wenger's problem and only ours to speculate lmao. The endless possibilites hmm

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin?

Post by SchinnerC Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:04 am

What's with people placing Podolski at AMC. The closest thing to no.10 should play there, not a Striker/Winger. Has to be Rosicky/Cazorla in that role.

Damn Goners, what a team.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:36 am

----------------------------------Szczesny----------------------------------------

Sagna/VDW--------Koscielny----------------Vermaelen---------------Gibbs----

--------------------------Arteta-------------M'Villa-------------------------------

Cazorla------------------------Sahin/Song------------------------------Podolski

-------------------------------------RVP-------------------------------------------

How does this work for you guys? I admittedly haven't been watching football for as long as probably most of you guys have, so forgive me if I am misinformed about something.

But Personally this is what I would love to see. We need a better defensive midfield if we are going to win anything next season imo, and with Song in there, while he was great and put up very impressive stats he was too soft defensively. His liability defensively either makes me want to play him in a more attacking position or just leave him on the bench. Im not sure what is up with the M'villa situation but is there any chance of that deal still happening? Because I feel a combination of Arteta and M'villa in our DM would be perfect.

Cazorla from watching him a bit always seemed to cause the most damage on the right wing, even though he can play anywhere it seems, very versatile.

And honestly, even if he doesn't resign, and leaves for free next season we should keep RVP. Selling him now would be a terrible idea imo because it seems like he wants to go to Man U and the last thing we need to do is make City or United any better at all. They are the only other two teams that can finish above us next season and we have to put all of our eggs into one basket. This is the best team we have had in a long time and the transfer window is still not over and we still have time to improve even more. All we need is another RB for depth and a defensive midfielder like M'Villa, it doesn't even have to be him, just someone with a similar skill set

It is do or die this season and I say screw the future or what happens next season, go all in, win now or bust. Lets do this.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:47 am

I love how many of you have totally disregarded the need for a defensive midfielder by leaving out Song from the team.

Haha, you guys are crying for a defensive midfielder, but have put out teams with no defensive midfielders. And to top that off, it isnt like Arteta, Sahin and Wilshere are the most defensively capable players.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:01 am

AnJl wrote:I love how many of you have totally disregarded the need for a defensive midfielder by leaving out Song from the team.

Haha, you guys are crying for a defensive midfielder, but have put out teams with no defensive midfielders. And to top that off, it isnt like Arteta, Sahin and Wilshere are the most defensively capable players.

Spoke my mind. Thumbs up

#InB4ArtetaIsDefensivelyGood
#InB4WilshereIsDefensivelyGood
#InB4SahinIsDefensivelyGood

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:16 am

AnJl wrote:I love how many of you have totally disregarded the need for a defensive midfielder by leaving out Song from the team.

Well I believe you can have someone in the DM if you a playing a 4-2-3-1 who is weaker defensively as long as they are paired with someone who is much more capable to compensate. Song, Wilshire, or Arteta can all play there imo but not a combination of two out of the three it is too much of a weakness.

I picked Arteta to be in the DM because defensively out of the three while he isn't good, I would say he is easily the least bad at it.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:24 am

srigooner wrote:

Spoke my mind. Thumbs up

#InB4ArtetaIsDefensivelyGood
#InB4WilshereIsDefensivelyGood
#InB4SahinIsDefensivelyGood

#InB4ArsenalIsVeryGoodDefensively
#InB4ArsenalNeedTheRightSystem
#InB4DefendingIsATeamEffort
#InB4LetsShipIn49GoalsAgain
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:47 am

@AnJl - lol Very Happy

@VendettaRed07 - Welcome to the forum mate, hope you stick around! Couple of usual questions : (1) How did you find us? (2) How and when did you become a gooner? Smile

Btw, nice Avatar! Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:50 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:

Well I believe you can have someone in the DM if you a playing a 4-2-3-1 who is weaker defensively as long as they are paired with someone who is much more capable to compensate. Song, Wilshire, or Arteta can all play there imo but not a combination of two out of the three it is too much of a weakness.

I picked Arteta to be in the DM because defensively out of the three while he isn't good, I would say he is easily the least bad at it.

First of all, Welcome to the forums Red07!

Hope you stay on and not just lurk like me because I manage to forget my password everytime.

Now, You were alright in your selection because you placed a proper DM in MVilla.

Some havent even picked Arteta, they put Sahin and Wilshere together.

Sahin had Bender to do the defensive work for him, while Wilshere had some to back him up.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:01 am

^this
In some away games (remember Dortmund) Song was immaculate. I don't know if it's Wenger's instructions or Song's gut feeling but he stays back in certain games and really shows what being a DM is like. Protecting the back four,Making simple yet effective passes and generally not screwing things up. Very Happy The thing with Song is that these games are few and far between.
What I hope Cazorla's signing and Wilshere's return will bring is stability.
They will lift Song's burden to be the creative hub and thus we'll hopefully see a more compact midfield and more clean sheets. What a Face
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:26 am

Rev wrote:^this
In some away games (remember Dortmund) Song was immaculate. I don't know if it's Wenger's instructions or Song's gut feeling but he stays back in certain games and really shows what being a DM is like. Protecting the back four,Making simple yet effective passes and generally not screwing things up. Very Happy The thing with Song is that these games are few and far between.
What I hope Cazorla's signing and Wilshere's return will bring is stability.
They will lift Song's burden to be the creative hub and thus we'll hopefully see a more compact midfield and more clean sheets. What a Face

EXACTLY!!!!!!! THANKYOU!!!!

I do think that Wenger has given Song the license to roam upfront because Wenger being Wenger knows that Song can provide that creative spark if needed.

What makes Song dangerous? Because he can do both. Like you said, the Dortmund game showed he still hasnt forgotten his defensive skills and can really knuckle down if needed.

But when Ramsey started to falter and Rosicky still not being able to kick start his campaign, while Arteta had to make sure there was some stability in the team, to top that off, Gervinho and Walcott were rocking back and forth on their form scale like a swing, so it was left upto Song to do something about it, and he did it very very well.

But now with Cazorla coming in, Sahin coming in, Diaby seemingly fit and Wilshere coming back in about November (hopefully), plus Arteta also present, Ramsey improving (on the basis of Jay's comments about the Olympics), the offensive side of Song's game can be kept locked up till needed.

But why is Song so important and I feel is undervalued to the point that you are so mehish about him leaving, is that when are lets say chasing a game that we are desperately trying to win, but we have to keep a small eye on our defense too, who are you going to trust?

A midfield of Arteta, Sahin and Wilshere?

While they are good and would be perfect for chasing the game, they WILL leave us vulnerable at the back. This is where Song comes in, he can provide the slightly more defensive touch to the team while still providing the necessary offensive skill. THIS is where Song is the most important and THIS is why Song is needed.

To top that off, he is a nice guy, brings about a nice positive and cheerful attitude and shows tht he loves playing for Arsenal, yet you guys are alright about selling him?

Good job guys, good job... Thumbs up
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:34 am

All sounds good, but I remm one of AW's interview saying Song was moving front of his own accord and not under AW's instructions.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:50 am

srigooner wrote:@AnJl - lol Very Happy

@VendettaRed07 - Welcome to the forum mate, hope you stick around! Couple of usual questions : (1) How did you find us? (2) How and when did you become a gooner? Smile

Btw, nice Avatar! Thumbs up
Hello! Thanks man, I found this place because a little while ago I googled football forums and I just happened upon this one and it seemed like the best so after a while of lurking I decided to join so I could contribute!

and actually it might be a little embarrassing but around a year and half ago, during the middle of the 2010-11 season

I live in New York and I didn't actually even know much about the sport at all before World Cup 2010. Like I couldn't have told you anything about much of anything before the World Cup. It was never because I didn't have any interest though it was mostly because there was seemingly like no exposure at all and none of my friends watched it. But while watching the world cup I fell in love with it, I thought football was just absolutely amazing and I couldn't get enough.

But after that I went to a couple Red Bulls games and I thought Henry was by far the best player in the league and I guess finding about his history with Arsenal is where I started to become a really big fan. Sadly I never got to witness him play in his prime live though seeing him on loan was really awesome. And I thought they had the best kits, the best name and just seemed like a really awesome club Very Happy haha, there just seemed nothing to not love about Arsenal

And thanks lol, I also love sega and the Dreamcast system, so to me that is like the best Kit ever
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:07 am

Henry :bow:

I am glad you say FOOTBALL and not 'soccer'. Thank you Smile Have a good time here Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by BeamsvilleGooner Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Actually, I agree with this 11 entirely... well done
REWB wrote:
Szczesny
Sagna Verma Koscielny Gibbs
Sahin arteta
Wilshere
carzola Giroud podolski

*Sahin has to start, why would you move from rm bench to arsenals bench?

*I put arteta in there ahead of song as arteta is better defensivly and keeps the ball better

*Lastly, verm instead of mertesacker because i feel merte is incredibly overrated by arsenal fans on this forum, in addition he just came back from a long term injury which people seem to have forgotten.

BeamsvilleGooner
Prospect
Prospect

http://lastwordonsports.com/category/twoleftcleats/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosscielny Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Szczesny
Sagna Verm Kos Gibbs

Arteta
Cazorla Chamberlain
Sahin

Giroud Podolski

Wilshere to replace either Sahin or Arteta, depends who's playing better.
Bosscielny
Bosscielny
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:57 pm

That midfield looks like it could work in theory, but with 2 strikers upfront and without an out 'n' out defensive midfielder, we would be murdered on the counters.(which we already have problems with).

That diamond formation looks intriguing though. hmm
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:19 am

Based on our current crop and fitness:

Chesney

Sagna. Kos. Verm. Gibbs

Arteta. Song

Walcott. Cazorla. Podolski

Rvp

Fanianski
Jenkinson
Mertesacker
Santos
Rambo
Giroud
Oxo
Coquelin.

If song, park, bendy, chamakh, rvp & theo leave:

Chesney

Sagna. Kos. Verm. Gibbs

Capoue/m'villa/coq. Arteta

<---Oxo. Cazorla--->

Giroud. Podolski

Fabianski
Mertesacker
Santos
Mirallas
Rambo
Diaby
Coq/Capoue/m'vila

*When wilshere returns from long term injury he'll get his place
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:17 am

Im Mick BTW - I am new.

-------------Wol----------------
--Sagna-Kos-Verm-Gibbs--
---------Song-Arteta----------
-Walcott-Cazorla-Podolski-
-------------RVP----------------

That may change once Wilsheres back dependent on how he goes when he returns to full fitness. Its important to not become too expentant of him upon his return this season.

Isn't it a nice change to have such a head scratcher for our best first XI for once lads? Options are endless Smile

As much as I am a huge fan of 4231, I'm actually toying with the notion of a 4141 formation. Which may further encourage the defensive discipline of Song whilst offering more flexibility to our creative midfielders. Further to that it is still interchangable and would enable an easy transition to a 4231 or 42121.

---------------------Wol------------------------
-----------Sagna-Kos-Verm-Gibbs----------
-----------------------Song---------------------
Walcott/Ox - Arteta - Cazorla - Podolski
-----------------------RVP----------------------
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 am

I understand everyones sentiments about Vermaelen and wanting him to play but Koscielny has become our best defender atm.
We also need to tall timber of Merts for defending aerial threats. He may b slow and was exposed or almost, a couple of times last year. This is mainly due to what u have all mentioned about Song last year; drifiting too far forward.

With the attacking players brought in this year, song will b forced to stay back and adequately protect the back 4 and Merts will b less susceptible to having his pace exposed.

I would therefore got with, the following linesups, depending of the type of team being played:

_______________________Scz____________________________
_____Sag_____Kosc_______________Verm____________Gib___
__________________Song_____Arteta_____________________
_______________________Diaby__________________________
Pod____________________RVP_____________________Car

Thats for ManU Thumbs up Carzola and Poldi would rip ManU's fullbacks to pieces. They also wont hav much height so we wont need Merts here. Our midfield can then boss theirs physically. this lineup can b tweaked to include Merts and Santos when playing Stoke.

Against Chelsea, we move Carzola Centrally to expose Mikel's defensive frailties and Theo to keep Cashley in check. This team could also work against Liverpool.
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Welcome Mick! And Welcome back Kwame2u! cheers
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 pm

Welcome Mick, how long were you lurking? Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:14 pm

If we go on to lose song then we should try and get capoue or Mvila and then change to

.............Szczesny.................
Sagna Koscielny Verm Gibbs
................Mvila.....................
Cazorla Sahin Arteta Podolski
...............Giroud...................
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:40 pm

@SUPERCARTTS You totally forgot about Gervinho. He's not even on your bench.
Do you hate him so much ? Laughing

@Mani I don't think that would bring out the best of Podolski. He would be too far from goal. But he showed us in the EURO that he is a defensively capable fellow and could help Gibbs with the defensive side of things.

All in all, I'm just happy we've got so many variations and combinations to choose from.
I'm feeling spoiled. Embarassed
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:49 pm

completely forgot about ol'boy Gervinho. He also looks quite lively. He'd be a squad player but if he can improve on his decision making then he could well be pushing for starts.

He's got the ability to get past players but he then suffers from a mental break down and doesnt know whether to pass or shoot..
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:52 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:completely forgot about ol'boy Gervinho. He also looks quite lively. He'd be a squad player but if he can improve on his decision making then he could well be pushing for starts.

He's got the ability to get past players but he then suffers from a mental break down and doesnt know whether to pass or shoot..

Sums up Gervinho doesn't it ?? he is such a panick merchant in the final third. He is even worse than Theo Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next