Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin?

+35
Peccadillo
SUPERCARTTS
Bosscielny
BeamsvilleGooner
VendettaRed07
SchinnerC
RealGunner
juventus101
halamadrid2
Gil
gunner1987
6unner
Jay29
MJ
AnJl
la bestia negra
lenear1030
Sina
Emaharg
Wilson37
Eman
DuringTheWar
abirking
since1996
mani88
Raptorgunner
REWB
Rev
SamuelJayC
I Have Mono
Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
LeBéninois
Sri
JohnnyJayy2
39 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin? Empty Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin?

Post by JohnnyJayy2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi, I just signed up to these forums and I was wondering how my fellow gooners believe we will line up this season assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin, with everyone fit (wishful thinking, I know Very Happy ).

JohnnyJayy2
JohnnyJayy2
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin? Empty Re: Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin?

Post by Sri Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Firstly, welcome to the (most sensible Arsenal) forum mate. You will find us to be a reasonable yet passionate bunch. I hope you stick around. Smile

Regarding our ideal best eleven line-up:

Szczesny
Sagna-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Santos
Song-Wilshere
Theo-Cazorla-Podolski
RvP
1. I go for Mertesacker over TommyV because TommyV and Koscielny are similar, but I like what Per offers despite his pace. On the basis of performances from end of last season and preseason, I am not very impressed with Vermaelen - I feel he needs to put his head down and work a bit in training.
2. Santos over Gibbs - both are weak defensively but the Samba magic works better offensively for me.
(I understand that both the above are controversial selections).
3. Assumption : Theo and RvP sign on. Then no doubt RvP plays in front. I would prefer Theo over Gervinho and Oxlade Chamberlain for his pace and experience respectively.
4. Podolski on LW, even though its not his best position - AW wants to play him more centrally, which means to me, that he would have a license to drift in from the left.
5. Wilshere over Arteta, but this is only because Wilshere is younger and has a lot more potential than Arteta. Ofcourse, injuries aren't in consideration acc. to your OP.
6. Pushing Jack deeper meant I could pick from Rosicky, Cazorla, Diaby and Ramsey for AM. I went for Cazorla over Rosicky.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin? Empty Re: Your starting eleven assuming we sign Cazorla and Sahin?

Post by LeBéninois Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:09 pm

i want RVP to leave england or to play for a mid-table club Very Happy . let's move on him.

Szczesny
Sagna-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Santos
Song-Sahin
Theo-Wilshere-Carzola
Podolski

Arsenal best line up is the hardest to predict because injuries, adaptation-time and dip in form

OUR main STRENGHT is we have manny versatile players
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:16 pm

What I would do (assuming Robin stays):

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Wilshere Song
Cazorla Podolski Gervinho
van Persie
If he wont stay replace van Persie with Giroud. And if Wilshere does a "Ramsey" replace him with Arteta.

What I believe we'll see:

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Wilshere Song
Walcott Cazorla Podolski
van Persie
Again replace van Persie with Giroud if he's not at the club and Wilshere with Arteta if he doesn't impress anymore.

Sahin is not needed Laughing only when Song goes to AFCON and Wilshere is still not back.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Szczesny
Sagna Verma Koscielny Gibbs
Sahin
Song Wilshere
Podolski Giroud Cazorla
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Szczesny
Sahin Song
Ox RVP Cazorla
Podolski

Podolski >>> RVP at CF

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 pm

I need to wait before writing team, before arrivals/departures are sure.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new myself but I'm confident you'll like it here. Thumbs up
My starting 11 for the first matchday(considering injuries,form etc.)

Szczesny
Coquelin Verma Koscielny Gibbs
Song
Arteta Cazorla
Walcott Giroud Podolski

The reason I'm doing it this way is because
we don't know exactly how our certain players (Sagna,Rosicky,Wilshere) will come back from injuries.
The omission of Gervinho is debatable but I think we all noticed how our midfield isn't that goal threatening like back in the days of Fabregas. That's why I decided to put 2 players out wide who have decent scoring records on the wings.(based on Walcott's last season 15 goals? and Podolski's NT performances). Knowing our luck with injuries, the likes of Diaby,Ramsey,Wilshere and possibly Rosicky will get enough playing time in Cups and in the CL.
Not sure where will Sahin fit into all this though. confused
All in all I'm satisfied with our depth if all of our transfers go through.
I'm not exactly sold on our back 4 but that's for Wenger to decide. cheers
And there's still the thing with RVP :facepalm:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Szczesny
Sahin arteta
Wilshere
carzola Giroud podolski

*Sahin has to start, why would you move from rm bench to arsenals bench?

*I put arteta in there ahead of song as arteta is better defensivly and keeps the ball better

*Lastly, verm instead of mertesacker because i feel merte is incredibly overrated by arsenal fans on this forum, in addition he just came back from a long term injury which people seem to have forgotten.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:26 pm

REWB wrote:
*Lastly, verm instead of mertesacker because i feel merte is incredibly overrated by arsenal fans on this forum, in addition he just came back from a long term injury which people seem to have forgotten.

I feel merte is incredibly underrated by arsenal fans on this forum. You should talk to Wilson37 - he absolutely HATES Per :I'mveryunoriginal: Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:30 pm

I like Mert but there is no way I would start him ahead of Vermaelen. Mert can start cup games.

Koscielny may be our best CB, but Vermaelen is the true General on the field.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:32 pm

REWB, that is one sick gif, very disturbing to watch the second time. Clubber
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:52 pm

If everyone is fit and in form

..................Szczesny..................
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
.............Song Sahin...................
...............Wilshere.................
Cazorla........RVP.......Podolski

................Fabianski...................
Jenkinson Djourou Per Santos
..............Coquelin Arteta..........
.................Rosicky....................
Walcott.......Giroud......Gervinho

.............Mannone................
Yenaris Bartley Miquel Lansbury
...........Diaby Frimpong........
..............Ramsey...............
AOC.........Chamakh.......Ryo

mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:08 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Vermaelen is the true General on the field.

The general of noobie mistakes?

Arsenal concedes goals constantly because of him but he's the general Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:09 am

srigooner wrote:
REWB wrote:

I feel merte is incredibly underrated by arsenal fans on this forum. You should talk to Wilson37 - he absolutely HATES Per :I'mveryunoriginal: Laughing

Mertesacker is rated fine he's nothing incredible but still a reliable defender.

Vermaelen on the other hand is the most overrated defender in the world Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:13 am

urbaNRoots wrote:

He always makes up for the mistake.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:27 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Koscielny always makes up for his mistakes.

Fixed.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:30 am

and all of a sudden Song and Arteta are shit!
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:50 am

Most probably vermaelan will be captain so it is unlikely he will not play.
If RVP and Walcott stays.

Szcz
Sagna Kos vermaelan Gibbs

Cazorla Song Arteta

Walcott RVP Podolski

Team chemistry is a factor and making too many changes in the playing 11 compared to last season may not work out especially early in the season as the new guys will need time to gel with the team.
If RVP leaves i would play Podolski in the middle and play gervinho at LW.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 am

----------------------------------------Szczesny--------------------------------------------

-------------Sagna------------Vermaelen-------------Koscielny--------------Santos-------------

---------------------------Song---------------------------Arteta-------------------------------

---------------Gervinho---------------Cazorla---------------------------Podolski----------------

------------------------------------------RvP---------------------------------------------------

=EPL champion.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 am

REWB wrote:[color=darkred]
Szczesny
Sahin arteta
Wilshere
carzola Giroud podolski

I agree with it mostly. Unless song goes back to being a DM there is no point in him starting if we have these players. sahin, arteta, wilshere, and cazorla playing infield mostly would probably be the best pure passing team we've had since the flamini, fabregas, rosicky (prime), hleb season, probably even better.
If we keep rvp that team could actually be the best passing team in the epl again
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:52 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
srigooner wrote:
REWB wrote:

Mertesacker is rated fine he's nothing incredible but still a reliable defender.

Vermaelen on the other hand is the most overrated defender in the world Laughing
Mertesacker is pretty much loved or hated by most of the posters on here. I personally think he gives us intelligence and a calm presence at the back, and despite a few over-referenced mistakes, clearly gave our back-line more quality in his first season here. I'm still shocked so many people wanted Samba over him Rolling Eyes. Would I start him over Vermaelen? I'm not so sure because of Verminator's leadership role in the team, and I think Vermaelen be better this year, but Merts is our best 'backup' defender IMO.

As for my starting XI if we sign both, it is very hard to say. I would definitely say that Cazorla and Walcott should be rotated, as well as Podolski and Gervinho, with AOC filling in where necessary. As for Sahin, he will likely play in Wilshere's injury absence, but if/when everyone is available, it's almost impossible to predict which of Song, Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky and Diaby will be benched (sorry Ramsey Razz)

Dat midfield depth if we sign both though :bow:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:06 pm

for me the idal lineup should be....
Sczeny
Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Santos
Arteta, Wilshere
Gervinho/Ox, Caorla, Podolski
RVP

Reasons : Sczeny, Sagna obvious...
about cb pair.. Kos-Verm.. Arsenal is a dynamic attacking team with good possession and quick passing.. Both fit into quick technically good defenders who are capable of keeping possession and making good passes.. they may get caught front sometimes.. but with a player lkie Arteta who can organise the game, they will be fine.. and dont forget how important Vermaelens headers are..! Thumbs up and he is a true leader, who works hard and inspires others on the field.. Metskr gives away possession easily.. is too slow.. passes poor.. and for all his height and physique gets outmuscled by kids.. and i feel he is not suited for playing the arsenal way...
LB.. as Sri mentioned both weak defensively but Santos better offensively.. has a good cross.. good dribbling, possession and passing skills even though he is slower..
Arteta.. as deep lying playmaker/DM like last season.. :bow:
No Song.. if we have a true CAM like Cazorla no need to play Song only for his passes.. Wilshere can do the same job better as a b2b..
CAM.. Cazorla/Rosicky.. obvious..
LW.. Podolski..
RW.. Gervinho.. eventhough most of the things he tries doesnt work.. its better than Walcott drifting wide and crossing.. :facepalm: and i hope he will improve with his finishing.. We can play Ox also as he keeps maturing...
CF.. RVP >>> Giroud.. so if he stays and signs a new contract.. then he is the man again..

Last edited by Wilson37 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:10 pm

srigooner wrote:
REWB wrote:

i have watched him only in the Arsenal jersey.. and my opinions are purely from what i have seen of him last season.. i have no idea how good he is for Germany... i feel he does not suit our style of play.. hope i will be proved wrong next season..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:25 pm

we a Spanish B Side midfield now...lol. (Arterta and Cazorla). imagine if we had cesc Crying or Very sad

we going 2 have a troublesome midfield
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next