Rijkaard vs Redondo

4 posters

Go down

Rijkaard vs Redondo Empty Rijkaard vs Redondo

Post by jibers Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:05 am

If your team depended on it who would you pick? I go for my main man Frank! Unbreakable! Rijkaard

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Rijkaard vs Redondo Empty Re: Rijkaard vs Redondo

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:20 am

Rijkaard. Considerably better athlete, faster, stronger and just more of a presence while being at least as skilled, some might argue more skilled.

But yeah, just too good all around.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:29 pm

AGreed. Best DM ever for me. Plus Redondo is too vertical for a DM and I always thought of him as a bit of a liability sometimes. Plagued with the same thing that Yaya had at Barcelona!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Well I think we can agree for sure that Rijkaard is more able to play multiple roles.

At different points he played sweeper, holding midfield and a more energtic box to box way. Redondo to me played his style and his way and that was it. Nothing wrong with that of course but if the question is who would you pick..then Rijkaard's increased ability to play differnt defined roles is going to be a factor.

Then as already said, factor in his speed, strength, power in the air, ability to use both feet and long distance shooting...heck of a player.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Frank Rijkaard, man. Just one of the best ever DM's IMO, and one of my all time favorites.

The Franchise wrote:
Then as already said, factor in his speed, strength, power in the air, ability to use both feet and long distance shooting...heck of a player.

Let's not forget his Mental Strength either.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well I think we can agree for sure that Rijkaard is more able to play multiple roles.

At different points he played sweeper, holding midfield and a more energtic box to box way. Redondo to me played his style and his way and that was it. Nothing wrong with that of course but if the question is who would you pick..then Rijkaard's increased ability to play differnt defined roles is going to be a factor.

yea. Versatility. That seemed to be a trait with most of Ajax teams. So many players could fit into so many roles. Can't think of any DM that was as good as him tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Thats what you get when you grow up in the Ajax youth system I guess. In my studies I came across a section of their old youth coaching programme, it said how at Ajax one has to master 3 different positions (out of the classic 343) before moving up to the first team. That amoung other things of course.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:37 pm

The Franchise wrote:Thats what you get when you grow up in the Ajax youth system I guess. In my studies I came across a section of their old youth coaching programme, it said how at Ajax one has to master 3 different positions (out of the classic 343) before moving up to the first team. That amoung other things of course.

Yea I read that. Quite similar to Bayerns as well. I watched a dvd on ajax trainig as well. The stuff they do. Shame that the bosman has finished that club. There should be a cap on foreing players I feel. 4 foreign players max and then teams will be far more balanced.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Didnt know Bayern had that too..I always wondered if Barca have a similar thing..I hope so, but think not.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:Didnt know Bayern had that too..I always wondered if Barca have a similar thing..I hope so, but think not.

Most of the baca youths are trained with a 7 a side formatio of 3-2-1. The wide defenders play wing backs and two behind the striker are used as medi puntes ala xavi and ini. The central player in the back three acts like a pivote and develops into either a busquets/pique type player.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:21 am

After watching both players play I would still go with Redondo, because the OP asks if your team depended on it, and ours did on a number of occasions and Redondo came through when we did, even when our team was very very craptacular.

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:30 am

Crimson wrote:After watching both players play I would still go with Redondo, because the OP asks if your team depended on it, and ours did on a number of occasions and Redondo came through when we did, even when our team was very very craptacular.

Thats true. Also Rijkaard had the benefit of playing in quite possbly the best defensive unit of all time. Baresi is the best cb of all time easily.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Both were very good players, but I prefer Frank Rijkaard. He was more versed in our philosophy. He could slot in as a central midfielder, a sweeper or a centre back without any problems. A modern total footballer, and one of the symbols of Louis van Gaal's philosophy, much like Xavi is to Barcelona's current football model.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down