windkick
BarrileteCosmico
free_cat
57 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumors  - Page 20 Empty Re: Transfer Rumors

Post by windkick Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:23 am

I suggest we move all Song discussion over to the Alex Song thread, considering this is a Transfer Rumors page and Song is no longer a rumor

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:47 am

What the hell is all of the Thiago leaving crap in the GFD section? Is it based on anything or just some good old fashioned gut feelings? I would really hate this signing if that would really prove to be a consequence.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:04 am

windkick wrote:Come on man, let's be real here. JDS might of been a free option for us from la Masia and he has proven to be very loyal for his shot. But Song and Cex > JDS

I am with CB on this.
To play CM or DM,I too prefer JDS over Fabregas and Song.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:42 am

Hete BLKSM wrote:What the hell is all of the Thiago leaving crap in the GFD section? Is it based on anything or just some good old fashioned gut feelings? I would really hate this signing if that would really prove to be a consequence.

That was just some one speculating some one would leave (he guessed Thiago) because of the arrival of Song. Not on actual rumors. If anything I keep reading JDS will be loaned out to make room for Song, to either Sevilla or Ajax

Barca would be idiots to even consider getting rid of Thiago
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:59 am

windkick wrote:
Hete BLKSM wrote:What the hell is all of the Thiago leaving crap in the GFD section? Is it based on anything or just some good old fashioned gut feelings? I would really hate this signing if that would really prove to be a consequence.

That was just some one speculating some one would leave (he guessed Thiago) because of the arrival of Song. Not on actual rumors. If anything I keep reading JDS will be loaned out to make room for Song, to either Sevilla or Ajax

LOL Thiago moving elsewhere to give room for Song. That would just be :facepalm: JDS most likely will get a loan and then a permanent...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:35 am

@CB and Alex: JDS was never really going to make it. He's not quite up to the ridiculous standard we have at CM and while he tried to reinvent himself as a DM its not his best position and there would always be better options. Song is a better option in my opinion. The only thing JDS has over him is experience playing with Barca. Song adapted would do a better job.

Not defending the transfer... but I do think Song will be a better back up and I dunno... for all JDS' patience I didn't think he'd ever make it. I feel sorry for him.

In my opinion, and I said it earlier, he deserves his chance this season, but I feel it would be fairer to let him go than to keep him and give him like 2 apps all season. Vilanova showed he prefers Roberto anyway I think

@CBarca: Where did you get the idea he's bad in the air? I don't think he's bad in the air... in fact, statistically, in aerial duels he is excellent.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:02 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Where did you get the idea he's bad in the air? I don't think he's bad in the air... in fact, statistically, in aerial duels he is excellent.
Offensively he is not, man can't direct his headers for shit. He can win balls in air though, which is what Barcelona want from him I guess.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:28 pm

windkick wrote:

I figured as much. I, like you said, only read about JDS leaving to Ajax and Sevilla, but the thought of selling/loaning Thiago just sent chills down my spine. If anything, this coming season has to be the season in which he gets playing time at Barça. He's had the time to gel with the first-teamers so he should get the time now to get his consistancy up to a high level and continue his development. If there is a player to suffer from attracting Song, it really shouldn't be Thiago. I'd love to see the same kind of progression as with Busi in his first two years with the first team.

In the end I agree with Kizz that JDS doesn't really seem to be of the high standard which we've come to expect the last couple of years. In the years in which we had guys like Oleguer and Gabri around, he might have been able to cement some kind of prominent role in the team, perhaps even as a FB, but with our current squad it just doesn't seem very likely. It would probably be a good idea for him to keep focussing on that DM spot when he gets loaned out. We still can't be sure about Tito's plans with Machete (he might only see a CB in him now) and it is likely Song will not perform very well as a DM. It might be a way to cement his way into to team as the standard back-up for Busi in about 2 years time. All of the other spots in midfield are just too well covered, expecially with what La Masía still has to offer.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:58 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:@CB and Alex: JDS was never really going to make it. He's not quite up to the ridiculous standard we have at CM and while he tried to reinvent himself as a DM its not his best position and there would always be better options. Song is a better option in my opinion. The only thing JDS has over him is experience playing with Barca. Song adapted would do a better job.

Not defending the transfer... but I do think Song will be a better back up and I dunno... for all JDS' patience I didn't think he'd ever make it. I feel sorry for him.

In my opinion, and I said it earlier, he deserves his chance this season, but I feel it would be fairer to let him go than to keep him and give him like 2 apps all season. Vilanova showed he prefers Roberto anyway I think

@CBarca: Where did you get the idea he's bad in the air? I don't think he's bad in the air... in fact, statistically, in aerial duels he is excellent.

Are Song and Fabregas upto the ridiculous standards we have at CM?
I dont think either are in the same ballpark as Xavi,Iniesta,Thiago and Busquets.And yet they are getting a chance.
So why not JDS?I would prefer him at CM over either of the 2.
JDS has better movement,positioning,one touch passing and seems safer under pressure than either of the two.JDS is also a better passer than Song(Song's occasional Hollywood passes dont impress me)
The only thing Song has over JDS is physicality and height.
Although I agree with you that JDS wont ever reach the elite standards that we have come to expect from our CM's,imo he is a better option there than Song and Fabregas.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:13 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:@CB and Alex: JDS was never really going to make it. He's not quite up to the ridiculous standard we have at CM and while he tried to reinvent himself as a DM its not his best position and there would always be better options. Song is a better option in my opinion. The only thing JDS has over him is experience playing with Barca. Song adapted would do a better job.

I dont think either are in the same ballpark as Xavi,Iniesta,Thiago and Busquets.And yet they are getting a chance.
JDS has better movement,positioning,one touch passing and seems safer under pressure than either of the two.JDS is also a better passer than Song(Song's occasional Hollywood passes dont impress me)
Although I agree with you that JDS wont ever reach the elite standards that we have come to expect from our CM's,imo he is a better option there than Song and Fabregas.

Well, I have faith that Fabregas will improve immensely. He's a wonderful player and JDS won't ever reach that level. If Fabregas stays eternally the lost puppy then I'll be ridiculously disappointed. He can offer a lot for us. Was he necessary? No, but I'm not gonna stay hung up about it so I won't keep bashing him. I'm sure he'll be better than JDS though.

Song vs JDS at CM? Yeah atm probably JDS is better, but I guess the idea is he offers something a bit different. I'm also pretty sure he's mainly been signed for DM and like you've said... he has a few aspect over JDS there. I mean, Song is a good DM, lets not act like we signed a rubbish player. He'll have to adapt, don't judge him as if he should be Yaya Toure or something, but he should be a good backup.

So basically... I'd rather Song at DM and Cesc at CM... So not really much space for Jona.

Again... not defending the transfer (though I do feel we would have struggled to find a decent player anyway and it seemed they just wanted to sign 'somebody') but I'm trying to be a bit more positive about it than think he's going to be some sort of cancer in our team.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:22 pm

anyone who don know JDS would think him a top class CM because of the way JDS is given praise here. In fact he would be over the moon seeing this. My question is how many real big games JDS played that you are so sure and impressed with him and confident that he is safe under pressure. For me he is not well tested, so there is no base for these comments. But it is clear at least from the preseason that Tito/Barca does not have faith in him. Roberto playing more mins can be a reason of this.
Song is still young and have already played in a big team and plenty of big match experiences. The way he is presented it seems he is a crap. Saying Song is worse than current JDS is nothing but overhyping JDS.

[quote = danyjr] Offensively he is not, man can't direct his headers [/quote] we are not buying him for offensive duties right??? so why that is important.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Well, I have faith that Fabregas will improve immensely. He's a wonderful player and JDS won't ever reach that level. If Fabregas stays eternally the lost puppy then I'll be ridiculously disappointed. He can offer a lot for us. Was he necessary? No, but I'm not gonna stay hung up about it so I won't keep bashing him. I'm sure he'll be better than JDS though.

Song vs JDS at CM? Yeah atm probably JDS is better, but I guess the idea is he offers something a bit different. I'm also pretty sure he's mainly been signed for DM and like you've said... he has a few aspect over JDS there. I mean, Song is a good DM, lets not act like we signed a rubbish player. He'll have to adapt, don't judge him as if he should be Yaya Toure or something, but he should be a good backup.

So basically... I'd rather Song at DM and Cesc at CM... So not really much space for Jona.

Again... not defending the transfer (though I do feel we would have struggled to find a decent player anyway and it seemed they just wanted to sign 'somebody') but I'm trying to be a bit more positive about it than think he's going to be some sort of cancer in our team.

The question isnt whether Fabregas is a wonderful player.He is a wonderful player.The question is whether he is a wonderful CM.
And imo he sucks as a CM for us.You are right in saying that he will improve but his recent comments make me feel that he has understood that he wont ever be a great CM for us and that AM/false 10 will be his role in the team.Fabregas is definitely more talented than JDS but I dont think Fab is cut out to be CM for us.
Regarding the transfer,our recent transfer history has made me extremely cynical and pessimistic about new players.
Nevertheless I welcome Song and hope he has a wonderful career for us.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:23 pm

I guess we'll have to wait and see where they all fit. Fabregas, Iniesta and Song are the ones I'll watch. Reports are Iniesta won't play wing anymore, Fab says he's been ordered to be 'more mobile' and we have no idea about Song. How will they all fit in? Very interesting.

I think the thing with Fabregas in midfield is that if he's going to play there partly he has to adapt to the the system, but the team needs to also adapt to accommodate his style. Its clear we can't just drop him in there and tell him 'do what Xavi does'. With Thiago it seems you can, but not Fab. I still have faith he can make it as a CM, we just have to change the dynamics of the mid a little.

I hope Tito can get it to work because I much prefer Messi + 2 incisive wing-forwards as the front 3... always will.

And maybe I'm the only one desensitised to our crappy signings because there's been so much uproar about these ones. We've always sucked in the market. For about 10 years now maybe 15% of our signings have been excellent.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:30 pm

I've been suspecting it for awhile now but with the likes of Cesc, Song, and potentially Neymar, Barca are going to become a lot more direct once Xavi gets relegated to a bench role in 1-2 seasons. Our B team from what I've seen seem to be playing more direct aswell, so I don't know.

We will probably keep our possesion game but with more thrust if you know what I mean. One advantage is that a repeat of the 2nd half of the 2nd leg vs Chelsea last season where we needed a goal against 10 men Chelsea, but all we did was get the ball out wide to Alves who would then pass it back into the centre won't happen again.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:37 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:

I did not say this, that was The Sanchez. I've seen nothing to indicate he doesn't have aerial presence.

As for JDS, I still would prefer him as a backup rather than Song or Fabregas. I just see JDS as a better option as a backup CM/DM than both of Fabregas and Song. Fabregas has never impressed with us in the CM position, and Song is just...he can't play DM, and I'd rather have a tried and true pass and move CM like JDS playing a backup role than the likes of Song.

And I don't know if I agree if Song is a good DM. He can foul, which is good for Barca, but he doesn't have much more than that and technical skill when we're talking DM's.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see. Theorizing can get you so far, my personal preference won't happen, but maybe Song won't turn out so bad, maybe he'll be a great signing, just need to wait and see.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Transfer Rumors:

Barca B player striker Rordi has been sold to Sheffield Wednesday.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:40 pm

windkick wrote:Transfer Rumors:

Barca B player striker Rordi has been sold to Sheffield Wednesday.
banana

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:50 pm

gondov wrote:
Hete BLKSM wrote:Where's Villa?

villa is finished imo. He is now mostly a squad player for us, he was horrible for like 4 months before his injury. The injury may actually have bought him one more year at barca cz i think he would have gone this summer. I see us going for a striker next summer.

Clearly finished. :coffee:
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:
gondov wrote:

villa is finished imo. He is now mostly a squad player for us, he was horrible for like 4 months before his injury. The injury may actually have bought him one more year at barca cz i think he would have gone this summer. I see us going for a striker next summer.

Laughing
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:
gondov wrote:

Laughing banana
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Transfer Rumors  - Page 20 640751949
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Donuts wrote:
Hete BLKSM wrote:
gondov wrote:

Laughing banana

Easy there fellas, it was a reverse jinx What a Face

In all honesty tho, i didnt expect villa to even have a short o goal fo like the next 3 games. I just hope he continues to prove me wrong Thumbs up
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:49 am

Question:
If Song was to play as a DM who occasionally plays as a CB... Would you rather have bought Oriol Romeu for 10m or Song.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:09 am

Yes. I would of been happy with Oriol. ABV played Oriol and he played well. When he got axe, Di Matteo went back to using the vets and I havn't seen Oriol since
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:21 am

If I had a choice between the two I would've picked Romeu.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:31 am

Costs less and has recently been in the Barca system. Would he do well at CB?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next