RealGunner
lenear1030
Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
barca 2011
84 posters

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 5

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:54 am

the difference between the kun rumors and modric's is that we actually made a money proposal, and Spurs want more.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 5

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 pm

i meant in the sense that after all speculation he doesn't actually come kind of thing, now that Cazorla has informed Malaga he wants to leave i think it would be the best idea if we went for him instead, much more proven and much better
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:16 pm

I would be happy with either one, depends of whether Mourinho values Cazorla same as Modric.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:23 pm

For some reason i dubt Modric wuld get playing time if he did decide to come it's these kinds of compettitions that Khedira finds easy because he usually gets his place back then, but with Cazorla i think he will make an Ozil like impact and cement the place straight away, saves us money and hassle

Up until now it's been nice to see us nt splashing lots of cash in a single transfer window unless we know this player will have the spot saved for him but if we decide to actually go for Modric for the money Spurs have valued him at, it would mean that we can never go a transfer season without paying big bucks for unnecessary players

Doesn't Mu like his players to come before he goes on tour anyways??, s if there is some sort of talks going on then they better hurry up for him not to be "ostracized" Very Happy

Anyways since Alex trains with the first team i'd like him to play mst of the preseasn games anyways because he is actually that good

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Confirmed: Van Persie has refused to go on Arsenal's tour of Asia.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Wow what a rebel, nice way of showing gratitude eh?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:32 pm

i really dont ask myself so many questions. Cazorla would be an equally good player as far as i am concerned, but i am not in charge of signing. we will give 35m for Modric, and Spurs will take it, unless they want to sell him in England, no other team is offering that kind of money.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:40 pm

The Guardian reports that Arsenal have rejected United's bid and are believed to be holding out for atleast £20m for RVP.

LINK
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Rvp is a douche,lost my respect for him.It would be ok if he was young and still had a career ahead of him but he's old ffs,just disrespectful to arsenal and wenger
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Lucas:

Director Marco Aurelio Cunha explained that they consider only Neymar would be worth more in Brazil, and with his valuation over £50millon it shows how highly Lucas is regarded by Sao Paulo.

"Manchester United made a very important offer of €35million but they would need to produce a little more," Cunha was quoted as saying by TMW.

"For us there is only Neymar worth more, after him is Lucas and we would not want to sell for less than this sort of value.

"For us it is still better to have a good player than lots of money in the bank."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Talks of Allen to LFC.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 pm

It seems every year Gooners have a new hero to worship and every year that hero gives them the finger and leaves for money, it's hilarious/sad at the same time. A few monthes ago arsenal fans were telling me how Van Persie was committed to arsenal and wasn't a money whore like Nasri etc etc.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Time to bump a thread :coffee:

edit:I'll wait for it to become official anyway..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Tiote:

Asked at the Magpies' pre-season training camp in Germany if he plans on sticking around, Tiote told the Evening Chronicle: "Yes. I am still a Newcastle player. I am very happy here.

"All I am looking at is that the season ahead of us will be a really good one, just like last season.

"Last season we finished fifth and doing that again will be difficult."

Newcastle's efforts in 2011/12 earned them a place in the Europa League, and Tiote is looking forward to taking in continental competition.

He added: "I am ready for the challenge with Newcastle. It's a new season, and I think we have a lot of things to do.

"We will be playing in two competitions and it's going to be difficult."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Zealous wrote:It seems every year Gooners have a new hero to worship and every year that hero gives them the finger and leaves for money, it's hilarious/sad at the same time. A few monthes ago arsenal fans were telling me how Van Persie was committed to arsenal and wasn't a money whore like Nasri etc etc.

The moral of that story is to never have heroes. Neutral

I've seen reports that United's interest isn't all that serious, so I'm not sure if they'll up their bid or not. I would honestly lower the asking price for Juventus, just so he doesn't go to either of the Manchester clubs.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Two more Arsenal-related rumours:

According to a report in Spanish publication El Confidencial, Arsenal have made a bid for Spanish international winger Santi Cazorla, although they face stiff competition from Tottenham Hotspur who are eyeing the player as a possible replacement for Luka Modric.

Arsene Wenger is understood to be a long-term admirer of the fleet-footed wideman with the boss thought to have lodged a bid for the player last summer while he was still at Villarreal.

Gazumped on that occasion by big-spending-Qatari-owned Malaga, who spent a whopping €21 million, it looks as though the 2007 Spanish Player of the Year will again be on the move with the Andaluscian outfit ready to sell their most high profile stars due to serious financial problems. Last week Villarreal reported Malaga to UEFA claiming that more than €3.5 million of Cazorla’s transfer fee was still owed to them.

Jose Salomon Rondon (also linked with the Gunners this summer) and Nacho Monreal are also set for an exit with reports circling that Malaga have been unable to pay their players in recent months.

Able to play on either wing Cazorla’s acquisition could be seen as pre-emptive cover for the loss of Theo Walcott (should he not sign a new contract) or as a replacement for Andrei Arshavin, whose future at the Emirates still appears uncertain.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/07/spanish-press-arsenal-have-bid-for-cazorla/

-------------------------------------------------

Zenit St Petersburg have confirmed they are weighing up a permanent deal for Andrei Arshavin.

The Russian international returned on loan to his former club in February and promptly picked up a medal as Luciano Spalletti’s side coasted to the title.

Nevertheless, despite impressing during his time at the Petrovsky Stadium, it looked as though Arshavin had damaged his chances of another return to his hometown after offending the club’s president with comments made in the aftermath of Russia’s exit at Euro 2012.

Rejecting suggestions that a deal for the Russian national team captain is dead in the water, manager Spalletti told the Zenit website that the 31-year-old is still a possible recruit.

“From my point of view, Arshavin is a player of high class. In addition, he is an intelligent man. It all depends on his motivation. I have little doubt about Arshavin.

“It is absolutely definite that if he returned then he’d play just as well as he did last year.

“Arshavin is one of those names that we are discussing.”

Under contract at the Emirates for one more season, and seemingly deemed surplus to requirements by Arsene Wenger, it looks almost certain that Arshavin will leave the club this summer. Qatari side Al Sadd and Turkish giants Galatasaray have also been tipped to make the player an offer.

Signing for £15 million three years ago, the diminutive midfielder has showed only flashes of his mercurial brilliance since his four goal Anfield salvo earned him cult hero status with the Gooner faithful.

It remains to be seen how much Wenger recoups, although a figure in excess of £5 million (I’ve plucked that figure out of my arse) seems reasonable.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/07/spalletti-confirms-arshavin-deal-interest/

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Cazorla would be a great move for you guys but not to replace Walcott...he's not exactly a winger per-se.

Same 4-3-1-2 formation I've been preaching except ith Cazorla as the 1 you'll have more width.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:41 pm

We could probably play him in the centre of the "3" in a 4-2-3-1, even though that would make us a bit too attacking without a proper holding player (unless Song curbs his attacking tendencies).

Not holding out any hope of getting him, though.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Lol, Walcott is like a stain of a wall compared to Cazorla. The man is a beast, better than Mata for sure, just behind Silva imo. definitely more complete than both players tho.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Imagine Dmac's meltdown if Cazorla goes to Arsenal tho Shocked
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:57 pm

------------Song---Wilshere
----------------Cazorla

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Lol, Walcott is like a stain of a wall compared to Cazorla. The man is a beast, better than Mata for sure, just behind Silva imo. definitely more complete than both players tho.

I think they'd compliment each other quite well. Walcott's direct running off the ball would give him some nice passing options.

Imagine Dmac's meltdown if Cazorla goes to Arsenal tho

He doesn't have to worry because it's unlikely a move will happen.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 pm

It doesn't seem unlikely to me to be honest.

We seem set on Modric , Chelsea seem to have signed enough AM's , United signed Kagawa , No one is really after him or actually thought he was available up until just now.

Your competition will probably be Valencia or Atletico....and he might just be free....or at least at a cut price.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Le Samourai wrote:It doesn't seem unlikely to me to be honest.

We seem set on Modric , Chelsea seem to have signed enough AM's , United signed Kagawa , No one is really after him or actually thought he was available up until just now.

Your competition will probably be Valencia or Atletico....and he might just be free....or at least at a cut price.

Spurs are genuinely interested, it seems.

It's not so much the competition that's the problem, but the fact that it's Arsenal. We're too easily priced out. Even if Malaga sell cheap(ish), what about Cazorla's wages?

Then you have to consider that Wenger may not use him as an AMC, but as a winger, and might decide to hold off making a move until the Walcott situation is resolved one way or another. I know we were proactive by signing Giroud to replace van Persie, but you just never know with this club.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Cazorla is a wide AM, he can play wide with ease, but he will look to have the ball in his feet a lot as well. Pellegrini went as far as using him as CM next to Toulalan this season, gave us a scare in that position as well. VDB did the same in the Euros qualifier when Xavi was injured all the time, Cazorla was his main deputy.

the man is quality but for balance sake, if you want to play him wide, it depends of what you have on the opposite wing. he is not as incisive in his style as Walcott, so you would need directness on the other end. And maybe even a more runs from Sagna to take advantage of the space.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Grosskreutz:

Grosskreutz states that he is happy at Borussia, but doesn’t want to rule anything out at the moment.

“I love Borussia. But I cannot rule out anything, it would not be professional,” the Germany international said to Sport Bild.

The talented footballer explains that English Premier League would be his preferred destination and reveals he has a soft spot for Liverpool.

“It would be a dream to play for Liverpool some day. England is a dream for all footballers.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next