jibers
Kick
VanDeezNuts
The Sanchez
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Buffon vs Khan vs Casillas

Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas - Page 3 Vote_lcap51%Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas - Page 3 Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 18 ]
Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas - Page 3 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 10 ]
Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas - Page 3 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 35

Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas

Post by Mamad Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Bit of Correlation>Causation there and examples not directly proportional to your deserved success.

Iker being better is saying that he's the best of all time, which Buffon has pretty much proven to be unless you name Zoff or Meier. Iker unfortunately is not on that level in pure goalkeeping terms.

Nah i agree with you about that. both at their best, Buffon is the winner.

but in terms of continuity and influence on their teams success Iker has been better and has done a bit more imo.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Are you suggesting Lopez cost you the league? Or are you just linking 2 unrelated points together?

Buffon is better because I had 2 sausage and bacon mcmuffins for breakfast today. This can not be disputed.

No. I'm saying Casillas was benched unfairly and is better than Lopez and he proved it in the competitions he got the chance to play. so you are wrong in mocking his continuity.

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Iker dont belong in this discussion. Too flawed a keeper, too big a weakness, too prone to errors.

When you talk about Buffon you talk about how flawless he is..I mean the only thing people have ever questioned his ability on, was penalties...penalties ffs lol

And no goalkeeper during his prime, do I remember ever making less mistakes...his consistency was just remarkable. People forget his half a decade in Parma and then 8 year year run pre back injury where he was cleaner than glass.

Khan's nickname was titan right? Thats just what he was, freaked players into missing with his size and intimidation. Incredible reach and on top of that superb handelling..he caught balls that others at best parried and others fumbled.

Sorry but Iker really isnt on this level. His major weakness were too big, his over decade long inability to control his box. On top of that, more prone to errors than either and doesnt catch the ball enough.

The only thing he did which was elite, was shot stopping.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:Khan's nickname was titan right? Thats just what he was, freaked players into missing with his size and intimidation. Incredible reach and on top of that superb handelling..he caught balls that others at best parried and others fumbled.
The interesting thing is that Oliver Kahn wasn't that huge with 1.88m. It was just the way he acted and his personality that made him so outstanding and appear larger than life. (There was a funny quote by Mehmet Scholl: "I was only afraid of two things in my life: war and Oliver Kahn.")
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:35 pm

1. Kahn
2. Buffon

Casillas really isn't in their class. The only reason Iker is talked as one of the best GK of all time is because he is the captain of RM and Spain and won a lot of titles with both club and NT.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:41 pm

rwo power wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Khan's nickname was titan right? Thats just what he was, freaked players into missing with his size and intimidation. Incredible reach and on top of that superb handelling..he caught balls that others at best parried and others fumbled.
The interesting thing is that Oliver Kahn wasn't that huge with 1.88m. It was just the way he acted and his personality that made him so outstanding and appear larger than life. (There was a funny quote by Mehmet Scholl: "I was only afraid of two things in my life: war and Oliver Kahn.")

I actually didnt mean height, I meant overall size. He must of weighed upward of 95kg and he wore bigger jersey than required on top of it. He just seemed to take up the entire goal in a 1 v 1.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:41 pm

I too dont think Iker is up there, he just has too many flaws. In their primes Khan and Buffon were prototype goalkeepers, and they played at a higher level. There is something to be said about Iker immaculate shot stopping but that's what he made his bread and butter on.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:30 am

I hate Rubentus with passion but you cant deny that Gigi is by far the greatest Goalkeeper of all time.Kahn and Iker are really far behind.The only reason he gets not much more recognition is that he is italian and because of that he gets under the radar.
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:00 am

Gigi doesn't get enough recognition? What makes you think *that*? I think people are well aware of his class.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:24 am

World cup excluded, Kahn and Iker were a lot more present at the International Football stage as Buffon were only at Juventus and 2006!
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:17 am

ARIARAIDEN wrote:waoifhqwfoihoiqhfoqcbv oqehfqoifhfooqihqfoiho ohqoifhqfoiqfhqfioh Buffon oihwqoihfqwoihqfoifhof Juventus!

Come again?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:39 pm

khan first, but i'm not sure this should be a viable topic...no disrespect, but comparing players that have retired to those who are still playing is a little unfair. first and foremost we tend to over-blow the present; yes iker has made mistakes, but khan had some terrible times even at his peak....i think it should be iker vs buffon vs czech (or cesar) ...some may even argue buffon belongs in the previous era, @ least that was his peak...goalies like neuer, de gea are still young and belong to the next gen
or a thread with khan, schemeichel, canizares.....
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Such consistency

Many Iker

Very save

Wow
Tomwin Lannister