harhar11
che
billy_gr
Kick
Khaled
31 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Jordi Alba Joins Barcelona. - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Jordi Alba Joins Barcelona.

Post by danyjr Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Not that I agree with Jonathan28's formation/line-up but lack of width? Did you know the Brazil team that won 4 World Cups and came runner up twice used 4-4-2 formation extensively. As long as you got quick, hard working full-backs like Alves and Alba, width is not going to be a problem but sure it is a very demanding task to ask your fullbacks to perform like that twice a week for a season. Also 4-4-2 is theoretically the best formation to cover the pitch (CBs, DMs and STs covering 60% while WBs and SMFs cover 40%).

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Jordi Alba Joins Barcelona. - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Jordi Alba Joins Barcelona.

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:45 pm

No one wants to calk it 4-4-2 anymore, its called 4-2-3-1 now lol
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 pm

I personally prefer Manchester City's 4-4-2, or 4-2-2-2 as some call it. Of course not suited to Barcelona.

-------------------Hart---------------------
Zaba------Kompany------Lescott------Clichy
----------Yaya------------- ???-------------
Silva----------------------------------Nasri
---------------Kun-----Mario--------------
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Both tactics would be a failure.

The reason is very simple and it's the same reason that made 3-4-3 actually a less successful attacking tactic than 433 although it has more attackers: there is no overlapping possibility.

In our regular 433 forwards can cut in and full backs overlap, creating a two way attacking option.

With 3-4-3 and both those tactics there is only 1 guy at each side providing width. There is no possible overlapping and everything is more static. Can't confuse the opposition defence that keeps it simple.

Vs Chelsea at home it was so painfully obvious that with some movement and overlapping in the wings we could have damaged them... oh, frigging 343.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:04 am

I agree that 3-4-3 provides less width than 4-3-3 however I don't believe Barcelona's problem that match was lack of width. It is lack of danger from wide positions due to them being very predictable on the flanks.

My two cents, and I know many will disagree.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:14 am

It has nothing to do with width as I explained in the post above yours. It has to do with movement and attacking options.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 am

My bad. I thought you were blaming width, or lack thereof.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:39 am

free_cat wrote:Both tactics would be a failure.

The reason is very simple and it's the same reason that made 3-4-3 actually a less successful attacking tactic than 433 although it has more attackers: there is no overlapping possibility.

In our regular 433 forwards can cut in and full backs overlap, creating a two way attacking option.

With 3-4-3 and both those tactics there is only 1 guy at each side providing width. There is no possible overlapping and everything is more static. Can't confuse the opposition defence that keeps it simple.

Vs Chelsea at home it was so painfully obvious that with some movement and overlapping in the wings we could have damaged them... oh, frigging 343.

Perfect post. I was waiting for someone to explain why 4-3-3 is the best and Free's hit the nail on the head.

You can also do most of this in 4-2-3-1, which is why I also like that formation. Mainly because its a very similar formation, just with a flipped triangle in the midfield.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by V Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:22 am

free_cat wrote:Both tactics would be a failure.

This man speaks the truth.
Predictability killed us.
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Jordi was fantastic in the final. Full of running, only a few miss-placed passes, great going forward and also helped defend quite well. He had a great tournament, better than Coentrão in my opinion. I think he was the full-back of the tournament. I want to re-emphasise however that he is best suited to the full-back role (in Spain) rather than winger role (where he often played in Valencia).
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:50 pm

He was great today, really excited to see him play for Barcelona.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Nnnnnn giddy up. Thumbs up
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Jordi! :bow: What a beaaaast!

Imagine a left flank of Tello and Alba... Dat pace.OFFICIAL: Jordi Alba Joins Barcelona. - Page 3 Furious

Suggestions for nicknames for Jordi's thread?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:38 am

Called it :coffee:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:33 am

What a game :bow: The amount of energy this bloke has is tremendous... That run in which Xavi got the pass hrough was :bow:. I really love this guy plays and I hope he has a good season with us. Jordi, you have my good side banana
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:11 pm

OFFICIAL: Jordi Alba Joins Barcelona. - Page 3 Di-W8L7
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:36 pm

jiopsi wrote:OFFICIAL: Jordi Alba Joins Barcelona. - Page 3 Di-W8L7

F*ckin beautiful... Wonderful run and finish... but at the end of the day... dat pass as well. Xavi :bow:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Stejo Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:43 pm

The run is good, the finishing is ok, but the pass... oh the pass. The pass is a masterpiece.

Stejo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Terrible defending, but yeah, great run, great pass, great touch and great finish.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:58 pm

He has had an excellent Euro.Really really impressed about his partnership with Iniesta.
Still sceptical as I dont think he is the ideal replacement for Abidal but he is young and has time to improve.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Alba hasn't had an excellent Euros. He was roasted by Maggio, had a troubling game vs Croatia and Portugal. His attack shouldnt deceive from his poor defense and intelligence.

Espana has 2-3 better LBs than him
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:35 pm

danyjr wrote:Terrible defending, but yeah, great run, great pass, great touch and great finish.

I agree. What the *bleep* were the number 16, 19 and the RB doing? All of them watching Xavi, none of them closing down neither marking Alba or doing offside trap. It's idiotic.

Then Xavi takes advantadges of a very small gap to make a perfect pass, but it could have been easily prevented.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Alba hasn't had an excellent Euros. He was roasted by Maggio, had a troubling game vs Croatia and Portugal. His attack shouldnt deceive from his poor defense and intelligence.

Didnt have a good game against Italy I agree.
But what shouldnt be forgotten is that along with Iniesta,Alba was the only player providing any thrust in the final third.His bomabarding runs down the flank were vital for Spain and his combination with Iniesta was sublime.
For that reason I think he had an excellent Euros even though he was a bit suspect defensively at times.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Espana has 2-3 better LBs than him
Who?

And please don't say Aurtenetxe. Nacho Monreal was good in Osasuna but right now I say Jordi is the best Spanish LB out there.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 am

Arquitecto wrote:Alba hasn't had an excellent Euros. He was roasted by Maggio, had a troubling game vs Croatia and Portugal. His attack shouldnt deceive from his poor defense and intelligence.

Oh please... :coffee: You don't understand the logic. I can guess with Iniesta and Silva drifting towards the middle, the fullbacks (Alba particularly) create width through their runs, Busquests drops back and Alonso at times covering Alba and/or Arbeloa. Remember Alba is quick so he has the pace to come back and help defend. He is young and needs time to mature and develop as a player.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 am

Interesting... I rarely disagree with you Arq, but I have to here.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next