DRK
Ganso
urbaNRoots
Die Borussen
sree999
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

hummels vs vidic vs chellini vs silva - Page 2 Empty Re: hummels vs vidic vs chellini vs silva

Post by Forza Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Vidic shouldn't be included after being injured for so long. Any comparison made would be unfair. Perhaps Kompany should've been included instead.

I like Hummels, but I do think he's overhyped because he's part of the Dortmund bandwagon. I've seen quite a lot of him and he's generally solid and unspectacular. There's a lot to like, but he's not really an elite defender yet. Silva and Chiellini would've never got bamboozled by Cassano like Hummels did in the Semi Final for Italy's first goal. He's lacking a bit of composure and I think he makes a few too many stray passes.

Needless to say that I think Silva is still the superior defender to Chiellini, just as I've said in the previous twenty CB comparison threads. Chiellini is still a fantastic CB though.

Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

hummels vs vidic vs chellini vs silva - Page 2 Empty Re: hummels vs vidic vs chellini vs silva

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Silva or Chiellini never got bamboozled like Hummels against Cassano? Please.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:43 pm

When did silva get "bamboozled"?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:58 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Silva or Chiellini never got bamboozled like Hummels against Cassano? Please.
Silva and Chiellini have made mistakes, but not like that. As RG put it, Cassano ripped him a new one. You can understand my reluctance to say that Hummels and the former two defenders are at the same level after that performance.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:59 pm

A bad game means a defender goes down a spot in the rankings? :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:01 pm

mtfootball wrote:A bad game means a defender goes down a spot in the rankings? :coffee:
That's the usual fate of defenders and goalkeepers. That's why it takes far more balls to play these positions than midfield or attack :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:08 pm

mtfootball wrote:A bad game means a defender goes down a spot in the rankings? :coffee:
No, but it contributes. If you refer to my previous post, you'll see that I'm not just basing my opinion on that one game. I hold Hummels in high regard, but I don't think he's as good as the other two.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Forza, got your point and I agree - Hummels has no place in this list, but saying that Silva and especially Chiellini would never got beaten like that just doesn't seem right, because they got beaten before.

Also Cassano is a great forward, if he can't beat a defender he has no place in the NT or a club like AC Milan.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:33 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Forza, got your point and I agree - Hummels has no place in this list, but saying that Silva and especially Chiellini would never got beaten like that just doesn't seem right, because they got beaten before.

Also Cassano is a great forward, if he can't beat a defender he has no place in the NT or a club like AC Milan.
Agreed. Slighlty OT, but Subotic gets hardly any credit for Dortmund's success compared to Hummels. Why is that? He's arguably just as good IMO.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:42 pm

honestly though,when did silva get beat?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:43 pm

You're totally right, I watch every Dortmund game and Subotic is a beast - but he gets more help from Piszczek while Hummels has to cover for Schmelzer (who has no positional sense). I would say they're equally good.

@Ganso, no shame admitting he got beaten by a forward :facepalm: every defender in the world, even Maldini and Baresi got beaten by forwards once in a while :facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Ganso wrote:honestly though,when did silva get beat?

Silva got owned once by RVP at the Emirates similar to how Hummels got owned by RVP which led to the goal.

I have acknowledged Silva as the best defender in the world..Now lets not make him sound as though he is immortal now.

Last edited by Surag on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:46 pm

I honesty cant remember someone getting past TS,at least for the past 2 seasons
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Ganso wrote:I honesty cant remember someone getting past TS,at least for the past 2 seasons

Silva has also made few costly errors which led to goals you know ?That counts as defensive mistakes as well..

Remember Silva's assist to Menez against Roma 3 years ago ?

Or even recently Silva's poor clearance against Arsenal which led to the goal..

Also i edited my previous post.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:51 pm

i know he made mistakes before,i was talking about pure dribbling past him
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm going to echo Mole's post.

Not sure between Hummels or Chiellini, considering they both had pretty awesome club seasons.

Chiellini just came from an unbeaten season.

Chiellini was displaced by Barzagli, though, so I'll go for Hummels. Plus he had a GOAT Buffon covering his ass.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:04 pm

You're just taking a bit too far with that last comment there.
I have watched a lot of Dortmund games and it has been a pretty average season for Hummels by his standards,Badstuber infact has had a better season than him..I can a name no.of games where he got totally obliterated(Games against Hertha Berlin and Stuttgart for instance)..

Hummels is a great defender,i am a huge fan of him and rate him highly but he still needs a bit more experience to be as good as if not better than the likes of Chiellini and Vidic and even Pepe..At this point i'd definitely rank Chiellini higher than him.He was very consistent last season despite being used as a LB for a no.of games.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm basing this on CB form. If Chiellini had played the whole season at CB I'd be picking him instead of Hummels. Kind of like if Vidic had stayed healthy he might be number 1 or 2.

But yeah, overall Hummels is missing experience, but that's normal for his age. I'd even say Chiellini needs experience, too, but at the top CL level. Same goes for Dortmund.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:15 pm

This season

Chiellni
Silva
Hummels
Vidic

When in form/not injured

Vidic
Silva
Chiellni

Hummels is shit and overrated.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Nishank wrote:Hummels is shit.
No he's not.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum