Babun
jibers
Rossoneri Ninja
harhar11
Arquitecto
30 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez (The Spanish One) Pirlo Superior to Xavi  - Page 2 Empty Re: Luis Suarez (The Spanish One) Pirlo Superior to Xavi

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:44 am

Barrettinator wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Yeah Lamps was actually 2nd best behind Dinho at a time. tongue

In what alternate universe was this lol
Errr.....where have you been? Laughing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_footballer_of_the_year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_FIFA_World_Player_of_the_Year

Yes, now im convinced lol

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez (The Spanish One) Pirlo Superior to Xavi  - Page 2 Empty Re: Luis Suarez (The Spanish One) Pirlo Superior to Xavi

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Ahhhh good old generalissimo riding Xavi again. I suppose the opinion of a man that played the regista counts for nothing next to your 'unbiased and professional' opinion.

We saw them both play, and we saw Xavi see what it means to be a metranome. I will say this, Xavi is the epitome of anti football players. no wonder messi has scored 70+ goasl, when no one in yopur team wants to pass forward, Dieguito's heir is forced to do it all.

Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:35 am

ELO wrote:pirlo is certainly my favourite midfielder post Zidane. but i wouldnt argue over a Xavi Vs Pirlo comparison, both are great, its just peronal preference really... even Gerrard is worth to be mentioned imo
personally i would also throw wesley sneijder in the discussion.

banana
thanks for mentioning my favorite player who's still relevant....Netherland never did him justice...he arguably was the biggest factor in the treble/Oranje's WC final.....and look who won again...messi. Should've been iniesta/sneijder under the old system. Shame on them. Dont think he was even short listed
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:49 am

Wow Shocked many of you are underrating Gerrard big time. Of course he's not anywhere near Pirlo and Xavi at the moment but in his prime he was definitely one of the best if not the best midfielder. And in my opinion he's the most complete midfielder of all time with Lothar Matthaus.

@ OP, and yes I agree Pirlo is better than Xavi and the best in the world at the moment.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:07 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Wow Shocked many of you are underrating Gerrard big time. Of course he's not anywhere near Pirlo and Xavi at the moment but in his prime he was definitely one of the best if not the best midfielder. And in my opinion he's the most complete midfielder of all time with Lothar Matthaus.

@ OP, and yes I agree Pirlo is better than Xavi and the best in the world at the moment.
Luis Suarez (The Spanish One) Pirlo Superior to Xavi  - Page 2 43940502
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:15 am

Barrettinator wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Wow Shocked many of you are underrating Gerrard big time. Of course he's not anywhere near Pirlo and Xavi at the moment but in his prime he was definitely one of the best if not the best midfielder. And in my opinion he's the most complete midfielder of all time with Lothar Matthaus.

It's says in my opinion right before that red part Smile and I would like you to name me a more complete midfielder than Gerrard other than Lothar Matthaus. And keep in mind, a more complete midfielder, not a better midfielder (because I know there have been better midfielders than him).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:19 am

Complete in what sense? You say it like Gerrard is an absolute tandem of a defensive brick wall and an attacking arsenal. Not quite. Especially not that good defensively.

That is, if that's what you mean by "complete".
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:29 am

Well a complete midfielder would be one with an Eagle vision, with a powerful sniper shot, a great finisher, a precise tackler, has a stamina of a bull, has stellar positioning sense, has great technique and ball control, good headerer, good set piece taker, has strength and is physical, is both defensively and offensively sound, is a leader of his team, has a heart of a champion, etc. (simply an all around BAWS, I don't know how better to describe it). What else could a more complete midfielder mean?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:44 am

I would take Gerrard over both of them.. If he played on the great teams that these guys have played on then he would dominate even more

:coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Well a complete midfielder would be one with an Eagle vision, with a powerful sniper shot, a great finisher, a precise tackler, has a stamina of a bull, has stellar positioning sense, has great technique and ball control, good headerer, good set piece taker, has strength and is physical, is both defensively and offensively sound, is a leader of his team, has a heart of a champion, etc. (simply an all around BAWS, I don't know how better to describe it). What else could a more complete midfielder mean?

that is a lot....surely no one is complete on my book then scratch
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:12 am

Barrettinator wrote:

+1. Biggest load of horse sh**e I have read in this place
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:13 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Well a complete midfielder would be one with an Eagle vision, with a powerful sniper shot, a great finisher, a precise tackler, has a stamina of a bull, has stellar positioning sense, has great technique and ball control, good headerer, good set piece taker, has strength and is physical, is both defensively and offensively sound, is a leader of his team, has a heart of a champion, etc. (simply an all around BAWS, I don't know how better to describe it). What else could a more complete midfielder mean?

Zidane
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:15 am

What does being more complete mean? If you want a dictating Cm who in their right mind would pick Gerrard over Xavi or Pirlo? gerrard can't dictate traffic ffs. This whole complete player BS is a way to put his name in a category he doesn't belong in.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:27 am

Haha. Gerrard is not complete, Gerrard can't dictate traffic.
Some quotes here. :facepalm:

Yes i know he is old now and declining fast and is nowhere near the powerhouse he was before, But that does not mean you starting talking shit. He was one of the best midfielders in his peak and he will remain one, Regardless of some forum posters calling him names and asking if he can become a traffic policeman.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:08 am

So being more complete means your better than someone now does it?

Cabaye >>>> Xavi then.

In any case Lampard is more complete than Gerrard ever was.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:45 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So being more complete means your better than someone now does it?

Cabaye >>>> Xavi then.

In any case Lampard is more complete than Gerrard ever was.

GOAT for the truth.

What does being more 'complete' have anything to do with being a dictating CM, which both Xavi and Pirlo are light years of Gerrard at. As I said before, Jack of all trades, master of non.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:51 am

You idiots comparing Gerrard to Xavi and Pirlo, please tell me when dictating a game was in his job description?

One of the best, (and definitely the best in an attacking sense) box to box midfielders of a generation being compared to a couple playmakers is not even funny.

You'd never compare Essien and Viera to them and saying they can't dictate a game , but Gerrard? Oh , he's expected to do everything, even tasks not assigned to him.

This is a joke.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:53 am

Le Samourai wrote:
This is a joke.

Its always been a joke, Gerrard has always been a shit player who does nothing and is overrated as hell in these forums.
Lampard, Pirlo, Sergio Ramos, Valdes, Gutierrez are better than him in Goalleagcy :facepalm:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:01 am

^ Don't put Pirlo there, it just fuels the fire, there is an anthology of arguments that can be made for Pirlo being the better player.

But people talking about how he can't dictate a game.....no one cares, it wasn't his job, just like it wasn't Keane's , Viera's or Essien's. It's a joke because they're acting like if he's garbage because he didn't do something that was never expected of him in the first place, that other players in the team were specifically designated to do.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 am

Lampard and Pirlo are better than Gerrard lol, the rest you just made up :coffee:

Le Sam the reason this was brought up was because someone said Gerrard was better because he was more complete lol.

Even if it were true which it isnt how does that mean you are better than someone lol.

If it were the case then Vidal and Schweini >>>>>>>
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:21 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lampard and Pirlo are better than Gerrard lol, the rest you just made up :coffee:

Le Sam the reason this was brought up was because someone said Gerrard was better because he was more complete lol.

Even if it were true which it isnt how does that mean you are better than someone lol.

No, the reason why I brought this up was to show that just because you are more complete does not mean that you are a better player, which was suarez arguement in saying that Pirlo>Xavi

In other words it was brought up for the opposite of what you said :coffee:

Last edited by harhar11 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:26 am

harhar11 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lampard and Pirlo are better than Gerrard lol, the rest you just made up :coffee:

No, the reason why I brought this up was to show that just because you are more complete does not mean that you are a better player, which was suarez arguement in saying that Pirlo>Xavi.

In other words it was brought up for the opposet that you said :coffee:

Oh fair enough, i misread your post..... my skim reading always catching me out Mad

You are forgiven :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:27 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

No, the reason why I brought this up was to show that just because you are more complete does not mean that you are a better player, which was suarez arguement in saying that Pirlo>Xavi.

In other words it was brought up for the opposet that you said :coffee:

Oh fair enough, i misread your post..... my skim reading always catching me out Mad

You are forgiven :coffee:

Oh you are such a forgiven person drinking

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:30 pm

[quote="harhar11"]

No, the reason why I brought this up was to show that just because you are more complete does not mean that you are a better player, which was suarez arguement in saying that Pirlo>Xavi

In other words it was brought up for the opposite of what you said :coffee:[/quote
But then the Liverpool fans skewed it in the exact opposite direction. Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Nishank wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
This is a joke.

Its always been a joke, Gerrard has always been a shit player who does nothing and is overrated as hell in these forums.
Lampard, Pirlo, Sergio Ramos, Valdes, Gutierrez are better than him in Goalleagcy :facepalm:
Nobody's saying he's shit. He's just NOT what you Liverpool fans are trying to make him out to be. I mean, "most complete midfielder of all time"? He done f**k all to show he's "complete" even in a single match. Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
But then the Liverpool fans skewed it in the exact opposite direction. Laughing

No Liverpool fans have actually said that, though.
Only 2 Liverpool fans have posted and one of them admitted that Gerrard was/is not in the same league as the others and the other was just defending Gerrard by ironically calling him shit, but he didnt either say that Gerrard is/was better than the others.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next