Accounts Management

2 posters

Go down

Accounts Management Empty Accounts Management

Post by Soul Sun May 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Guys I need some ideas on book keeping a sole trading firm.

It's a small electronics retailer and my father didn't keep much records. We've recently moved to a bigger building and the increment in rent and the months closed for renovation took a real hit to my father's finances so 6 months in we're getting some okay amount of profits but not even close to the level of expectation.

My father was operating several businesses even before I was born and only now am I actually interested in and actively involved in running the outlet. So far from what I've seen the whole thing is very, very unorganized and I really think that proper documentation, book keeping and managing the cash flow can greatly improve the performance, or at least, give me a clear picture of what's going on.

So do you guys have any recommendations for cheap/free accounting softwares? Or any other methods I could try? I could hire a book keeping firm but I'm keeping it as a last resort as I don't want to have any additional expenses.

I've got some background on accounting so I'm making my own formats and accounts, but its going to take me a long time to prepare them, let alone perfect them. Plus what they taught in school is pretty damn different that the real thing! So any help is appreciated Very Happy
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Accounts Management Empty Re: Accounts Management

Post by fatman123 Mon May 28, 2012 12:05 pm

i studied some very basic business book keeping at uni this semseter but it could be of a great deal of help to you. Im in no way an accountant though so theres no point in me looking at your books but i could send you the lecture slides?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down