Position:  LB
Birth Date: 1 May 1990
Birth Place: Munich, Germany
Height:  1.77m (5'11")  
Weight: 74 kg
Foot: left
Market value: 2 000 000 €
Played for Bayern from 1995-2014

Diego Contento at transfermarkt.de: http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/diego-contento/profil/spieler_39717.html

Last edited by rwo power on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Former Player: Diego Contento Empty Re: Former Player: Diego Contento

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Diego Contento's contract was extended until 2016.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/fc-bayern-bindet-abwehrspieler-contento-bis-2016/news/anzeigen_93881.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:47 am

This just shows that we are heading towards the right direction.

Contento career has really be disrupt by injury, initially the board and coaches access him to have better qualities than Alaba as our left-back and I have high hope on him to play at the-same level with Alaba in the near future.

They will both turn out to be stars in the future and I hope to see Alaba move forward when Ribery's leg can no longer run.

Against offensive team I will start Contento and against defensive teams I will start Alaba, they are both equally match and no one is better than the other.

You simply have to look at Contento's performance against Chelsea and Alaba's performance against Real-Madrid, they were both world-class...

The coach have a very good squad at his disposal, we are currently getting close to having 2 good players in every position , except for maybe our 2nd striker(Pizarro is good but too old), Ribery's back-up and cm/cd(Tymo is too defensive and getting old) and lastly Right-cb(Van Buyten has past his best, too old and injury prone)

So ideally signing Martinez and Dzeko we draw us closer to becoming a complete team and hopefully the season after next, Hummels will come in as Van Buyten replacement and Weiser will comeback strong from a loan out to become a worldcalss player ready to play as Ribery's back-up
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:12 am

Idriozet please be rational. Wieser loan. He will play with the Reserves in the 4th Division like Can. All this Dzeko Martinez non-sense they are either asking absurd transfer fees or wages. That is why the deal is stuck as it is.

Anyways I am still worried about the LB situation. I would give Contento a 1 year extension to 2014. I donno what will happen. Both Alaba & Contento have not even proven. Neither have played even half a season as LB.

Both are promising but for me Contento is an average talent who can defend a bit & is quick. He does not have much to give attackingly. Alaba can develop brilliantly if he gets defensively better. He is decent,maybe not a true LB as yet. He is still to be regularly tested. Lets see how he handles brilliant wingers consistently when we loose the mid-field battle & how he handles failures.

I am worried that going with 2 guys who have not played 1/2 a season as Lb at a strech could lead to another panic situation. And the LB Situation might persist. I ofcourse hope for the best.

Hummels will almost never come. We've been trying to get him but he has not shown any interest. Now Hummels has extended his contract till 2017 & Dortmund will NOT sell to Bayern. So no chance in the next MANY MANY years. Also with Silva not coming,I think Barca might be interested in Hummels. So if he has to go,he can go there.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:05 pm

it's not supirsing that David Alaba's performance has attracted interest from Barcelona and Jupp has long memntioned that Alaba is one of the best player in the team, if you can not have faith in him after such excellent show off, then I guess that's not my fault but as for me I completely beleive Alaba will remain as our left for many years to come and I do no believe we'll exprience any problem there except for maybe when a player drops form(it's always expected every now and then) and if that ever happens I believe Contento/Alaba will covber nicely for one another untill they both return back to form

I also beleive Contento will turn out to become a very good leftback, lets not forget that it was Van Gaal who first introduce Alaba and Contento into the first team. As far back as 2009, Van Gaal has already stated that Alaba is a left back only that he doesn't know it yet, however what I'm most concern about here is that although Van Gaal rated Alaba as a leftback however whenever Contento was fit he played him ahead of Alaba. Which implies that Van Gaal proberly Rated Contento ahead of Alaba, however as we all know injury disrupt and have slowed down Contento progress.

I completely trust Alaba and Contento to develop to become world-class fullbacks.

In regards to Martinez and Dzeko I don't understand why you are worried about Bayern signing quality players, few years back or lets even say some few months ago, everyone was asking for a strong bench and a bomb striker and now that the board is willing to sign big so that our team can improve everyone is now complaining.

I trust the board not to sign Dzeko for anything more than 20m but even if they do I believe he's wroth it, you simply have to look back at how much we signed Gomez for and how much a club like Atheletic Madrid signed Falcoa for, so to me signing Dzeko for even 30m is ok and it will reduce risk of signing 2nd class strikers and if only we already had a player like Dzeko in the cpl final, probably we could have won it.

Also it seems like the Board are willing to pay 40m for Martinez and if they do then I have no choice but to agree that he's worth it, it's better we sign big rather than signing 2nd class players like pranjic that will bring nothing to improve the team.

So all in all if we sign Dzeko for 30m and martinez for 60m, I am still ok with it as long as we report profit like we always do anyways.

Moreover even if we don't spend the money you have to ask yourself where does the money go, I bet majority part of it goes to the government for taxes and I tell you what, I don't like the Government.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Neither is Martinez worth 40M or anywhere near & neither is Dzeko worth 30M. true Dzeko has not been utilized at City but the reason he is 4th choice behind Aguero,Tevez & Balotelli is because he is 4th best.

I dont think he is worth more than 20M at best. That is it. Martinez is a talented rookie.I would not pay more than 15M for Martinez,maybe 18-19M because that is his actual price.

Even in a inflated markey Martinez should not be bought for more than 25M.

And Dzeko will be useless. He cant play with Gomez. He is another technically mediocre 0 skilled guy. He will play 1/4th matches when Gomez takes a break.

Schweni is a starter.If Martinez comes for that money,he will be a starter. Everyone knows Bayern wont bench Kroos(atleast not when Jupp is around). With Jupp around Kroos will 100% play & Robbery will 100% start as well.

Next year Pizarro will be replaced by a Top Quality Skilled ST again as Uli will realize that Dzeko is not good enough. Again we will waste big money & wages. Over 20M both of these guys are a risk.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:45 am

I'm not gonna talk about this anymore, as it is I'm already satisfied with the team especially with the signing of Starke, Dante, Pizarro, Shaqiri and also the emergence of Alaba, Contento and Can. so anything that happens is just a bonus for me and I love bonuses, for that reason I will love to have Dzeko and Martinez.

and you can't be sure for certain that Dzeko will be useless, can you predict the future or something..?

yet you speak of being rational...

I also like the ideal and the fear it will strike in all team across Europe hearts when they know we have Dzeko and Gomez as our strikers. Every football fan in the world will be scared.

Also spending 40million on Martinez means inferior teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona will stop making pathetic inquiry about our captain, vice Captain and future players(Alaba).

it's not that I won't be happy if we sign Martinez for 1million and Dzeko for 500k, but we have to face tough reality of transfer market, quality players come at high prices, scouting for cheap quality players is always a gamble, but if we end up winning the gamble like signing a cm/dm and a Striker for cheap prices and they turn out good, then I'm happy with it.

But as I already said, I love bonuses, I hate gambling and I'm on a horse
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:05 pm

Fear Gomez. If Gomez was to be feared he would not be City's 4th ST behind Aguero,Tevez & Balotelli. And now he wont be dumped for RVP or Cavani.

Anyways I think its heading towards a zone where we will probably get 1 out of Dzeko of Martinez. Martinez will probably break the 35M Transfer Record.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:53 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Fear Gomez. If Gomez was to be feared he would not be City's 4th ST behind Aguero,Tevez & Balotelli. And now he wont be dumped for RVP or Cavani.

Anyways I think its heading towards a zone where we will probably get 1 out of Dzeko of Martinez. Martinez will probably break the 35M Transfer Record.

I think the Board are willing to break the banks for Martinez and end up with that Croatia dude from Wolfsburg as our 2nd triker, I'm so ok with that.

But I think city will drop Dzeko price towards the end of August, so I fell we might end up signing Dzeko as well.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Well without Alaba or Rafinha, Contento will start the season in the starting XI. Always been a big fan of his.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:43 pm

I like Alaba but I even like Contento more, I hope he finally use the chance to prove that he's worthy...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:48 am

Not at all impressed by this guy,not good enough IMO. This is his real test. He will be up against Reus in the Super Cup stuff match against Dortmund.

It make or break for him. Stand up & be counted or just f*** off.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down