*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

+32
Blue
RafaelKL
Dr. Percival Faust
Jack Russell
Neutral
juventus101
VivaStPauli
braylann
Rossoneri Ninja
Kingofeverythingclassy
alexander mahone
Tifoso Romanista
Babun
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
guest7
Pedram
Mr Nick09
billionmillion
Lord Hades
Le Samourai
Valkyrja
Albiceleste
Toffer Harley
Potential
Sushi Master
Kick
the xcx
urbaNRoots
Mamad
S
Onyx
36 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Onyx Tue May 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Who is the best AM in the World?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40110
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by S Tue May 22, 2012 2:08 pm

1.Oezil

2.Silva/Kroos
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28473
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Mamad Tue May 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Ozil, Iniesta.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 22, 2012 2:33 pm

It's between Cesc and Özil, and Özil wins it this time.


Last edited by urbaNRoots on Tue May 22, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17195
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by the xcx Tue May 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Özil
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Kick Tue May 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Ozil
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Kroos.

Although he's not a pure AM.

Özil is pretty close.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by the xcx Tue May 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Kroos.

Although he's not a pure AM.

Özil is pretty close.
elaborate will ya
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Nameless wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Kroos.

Although he's not a pure AM.

Özil is pretty close.
elaborate will ya
Kroos started off as a CM, the creative type with decent decent physique and defensive skills.

But he's much more suited to playing further up the pitch, because of his shooting technique and overall vision. In Bayern he plays at AM unless there are no DMs available, as you saw in the final.

He has some advantages over Özil, and vice versa. I'll put it this way: In a possession based side I'd pick Kroos, but in a counter attack team I'd play Özil.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Potential Tue May 22, 2012 4:16 pm

If you have a creative forwards who are able to create, Boateng. If you have poachers, Ozil.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Toffer Harley Tue May 22, 2012 4:22 pm

boateng? dear god... :facepalm:
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg
Posts : 827
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Albiceleste Tue May 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Stevie G.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Ozil.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by the xcx Tue May 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Kroos.

Although he's not a pure AM.

Özil is pretty close.
elaborate will ya
Kroos started off as a CM, the creative type with decent decent physique and defensive skills.

But he's much more suited to playing further up the pitch, because of his shooting technique and overall vision. In Bayern he plays at AM unless there are no DMs available, as you saw in the final.

He has some advantages over Özil, and vice versa. I'll put it this way: In a possession based side I'd pick Kroos, but in a counter attack team I'd play Özil.
In conclusion hes actually a midfielder whos more suited to being DM or Central given his physique and defensive skills. To top it off hes natural position isint AM as you said. Do you even know what AM means or just got lost....
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by the xcx Tue May 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Attacking midfielders are generally required to have:

Excellent technical ability, including close control, passing, shooting and dribbling.
Creativity, to anticipate passing opportunities for their fellow forwards.
Off-the-ball intelligence, to anticipate passes from the midfield which create opportunities to score or to pass on to a forward.
An understanding of the winger role. Due to tactical changes, central attacking midfielders are sometimes played on the wing, to accommodate other strikers or forwards.
A secondary ability is finishing tekkers and composure.
Dictate the attacking flow.
Kroos is better at that than Özil? Im not buying it.


Last edited by Nameless on Tue May 22, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Nameless wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Kroos.

Although he's not a pure AM.

Özil is pretty close.
elaborate will ya
Kroos started off as a CM, the creative type with decent decent physique and defensive skills.

But he's much more suited to playing further up the pitch, because of his shooting technique and overall vision. In Bayern he plays at AM unless there are no DMs available, as you saw in the final.

He has some advantages over Özil, and vice versa. I'll put it this way: In a possession based side I'd pick Kroos, but in a counter attack team I'd play Özil.
In conclusion hes actually a midfielder whos more suited to being DM or Central given his physique and defensive skills. To top it off hes natural position isint AM as you said. Do you even know what AM means or just got lost....
So an attacking midfielder ain't a midfielder? Laughing I don't care if a player is an AM, DM or a winger: he's a midfielder.

He did not start off at AM but that's irrelevant considering he's played 90% of his professional career at AM. At Leverkusen when he exploded he was playing left AM. At Bayern he plays most matches at the AM slot. He can play CM because of his versatility, but he's far more effective and actually prefers to play in an advanced position.

Kroos is an AM who can play in most midfield slots. End of. I don't call Özil a winger because he can be deployed on the wing.

1. Excellent technical ability, including close control, passing, shooting and dribbling.
He has outstanding technique and decent dribbling. He's completely two footed, FFS. When it comes to shooting and passing he's world class. Özil has better through balls, but I prefer Kroos' short and medium passes. As I said, he's better at keeping the ball, Özil the better assister which is why I choose one or the other depending on the teams' philosophy. Özil is probably a better dribbler but is limited by being mostly left footed. Kroos can simply outpass you no matter what foot he's on. At shooting Kroos wins.

2.Creativity, to anticipate passing opportunities for their fellow forwards. 3. Off-the-ball intelligence, to anticipate passes from the midfield which create opportunities to score or to pass on to a forward.
They are both world class here. Difference is what they had for breakfast that day.

4. An understanding of the winger role. Due to tactical changes, central attacking midfielders are sometimes played on the wing, to accommodate other strikers or forwards.
Kroos has played all midfield slots. He played left AM at Leverkusen to great effect and in Bayern has also covered wing slots when needed. Özil at Madrid, too. They are both versatile. Kroos can be deployed much deeper than Kroos to to being more complete.

5. A secondary ability is finishing tekkers and composure.
They are both pretty meh here. Not known for their finishing but can rack up a few goals if needed.

6. Dictate the attacking flow.
Here Kroos is king. For his age, it's going to be extremely hard to find a guy who can dictate play as good as Kroos has. He's outshined Schweini this season, FFS. He can pass from wherever, and dominate any midfield on a good day. He's extremely smart and is very tidy in possession, not at all headless. He's so good at dictating play that he can also do it from deep. You could see it in any CL match if you don't watch Bundesliga. He outclassed Özil himself so that's why I prefer Kroos. He can pass, shoot, and cross from anywhere due to being two footed, but at the same time does it in a controlled matter.

I'm not saying Özil is shit, far from it. Just that I prefer Kroos in most cases.

There you go, I elaborated Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Ozil improved his right-foot very much.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Benzema.

U Mad? Wink


Last edited by Le Samourai on Tue May 22, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 7 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Lord Hades Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 pm

ozil
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by the xcx Tue May 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Kroos.

Although he's not a pure AM.

Özil is pretty close.
elaborate will ya
Kroos started off as a CM, the creative type with decent decent physique and defensive skills.

But he's much more suited to playing further up the pitch, because of his shooting technique and overall vision. In Bayern he plays at AM unless there are no DMs available, as you saw in the final.

He has some advantages over Özil, and vice versa. I'll put it this way: In a possession based side I'd pick Kroos, but in a counter attack team I'd play Özil.
In conclusion hes actually a midfielder whos more suited to being DM or Central given his physique and defensive skills. To top it off hes natural position isint AM as you said. Do you even know what AM means or just got lost....
So an attacking midfielder ain't a midfielder? Laughing I don't care if a player is an AM, DM or a winger: he's a midfielder.

He did not start off at AM but that's irrelevant considering he's played 90% of his professional career at AM. At Leverkusen when he exploded he was playing left AM. At Bayern he plays most matches at the AM slot. He can play CM because of his versatility, but he's far more effective and actually prefers to play in an advanced position.

Kroos is an AM who can play in most midfield slots. End of. I don't call Özil a winger because he can be deployed on the wing.

1. Excellent technical ability, including close control, passing, shooting and dribbling.
He has outstanding technique and decent dribbling. He's completely two footed, FFS. When it comes to shooting and passing he's world class. Özil has better through balls, but I prefer Kroos' short and medium passes. As I said, he's better at keeping the ball, Özil the better assister which is why I choose one or the other depending on the teams' philosophy. Özil is probably a better dribbler but is limited by being mostly left footed. Kroos can simply outpass you no matter what foot he's on. At shooting Kroos wins.

2.Creativity, to anticipate passing opportunities for their fellow forwards. 3. Off-the-ball intelligence, to anticipate passes from the midfield which create opportunities to score or to pass on to a forward.
They are both world class here. Difference is what they had for breakfast that day.

4. An understanding of the winger role. Due to tactical changes, central attacking midfielders are sometimes played on the wing, to accommodate other strikers or forwards.
Kroos has played all midfield slots. He played left AM at Leverkusen to great effect and in Bayern has also covered wing slots when needed. Özil at Madrid, too. They are both versatile. Kroos can be deployed much deeper than Kroos to to being more complete.

5. A secondary ability is finishing tekkers and composure.
They are both pretty meh here. Not known for their finishing but can rack up a few goals if needed.

6. Dictate the attacking flow.
Here Kroos is king. For his age, it's going to be extremely hard to find a guy who can dictate play as good as Kroos has. He's outshined Schweini this season, FFS. He can pass from wherever, and dominate any midfield on a good day. He's extremely smart and is very tidy in possession, not at all headless. He's so good at dictating play that he can also do it from deep. You could see it in any CL match if you don't watch Bundesliga. He outclassed Özil himself so that's why I prefer Kroos. He can pass, shoot, and cross from anywhere due to being two footed, but at the same time does it in a controlled matter.

I'm not saying Özil is shit, far from it. Just that I prefer Kroos in most cases.

There you go, I elaborated Laughing
wall of text
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Sorry, kiddo. When you tell a grown up "elaborate", that's exactly what you get.

Hope you're not doing too bad at school.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Mamad Tue May 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Kroos isn't better than Ozil. come on....
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by the xcx Tue May 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Mamad wrote:Kroos isn't better than Ozil. come on....
Hes living in a world of delusion, let him have his way.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 22, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm living in a world of watching Madrid, Bayern and Germany matches.

I even said I'd pick Özil depending on how the team is setup. I stated my reasons of why I prefer Kroos most of the time.

I'm not budging my position, not even under this Madrid fan wankathon, so let's leave it at that.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by billionmillion Tue May 22, 2012 8:31 pm

you dont rate iniesta or his position is different?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2440
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who is the best AM in the World?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum