Le Samourai
che
Kingofeverythingclassy
the xcx
huntsman
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How to take a Penalty for Dummies  - Page 2 Empty Re: How to take a Penalty for Dummies

Post by Swanhends Sun May 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Theres no "right" way to take penalties. No right power, no right placement, no right timing

From what I've seen, confidence is the single biggest factor...

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How to take a Penalty for Dummies  - Page 2 Empty Re: How to take a Penalty for Dummies

Post by Aensensen Sun May 20, 2012 2:24 pm

che wrote:i didn't mean those gay lobs, i meant proper shot down the middle of the net

if you get it high enough (which in this case is anything above 0.5m above the ground) you'll inevitably avoid the keeper's feet... when was the last time you saw a keeper stand still during a penalty?

plus if you shoot right at him you have like a 100% chance of getting to the rebound even if he does stand still, which happens pretty much never
Still, goalies like Van Der Sar would save most of those. He liked to wait for a moment before jumping to a side, he mostly picked the right side though he was a bit late because of it.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun May 20, 2012 2:45 pm

You need big calves to score penalties. hmm

Joke aside penalty is all about being calm and having confidence.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Festim Sun May 20, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't get it why they don't just shoot with all their power on one side. No chance to defend that. U all saw Lampards penalty vs Neuer
Mr. Festim
Mr. Festim
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun May 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Mr. Festim wrote:I don't get it why they don't just shoot with all their power on one side. No chance to defend that. U all saw Lampards penalty vs Neuer
going by all the power it will just go wildly over the bar.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun May 20, 2012 3:25 pm

How to take a Penalty :

No one can save it.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun May 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Depends on Keepers imo.

Some Gks only jumps in the final moment of the kick, like Casillas ,Cech for example ,they uses reflex and try to utilize lack of precision of the shooter.
Best way to beat those keepers is to shoot with precision rather than reading their move. Because they only moves in the final moment.

Keepers like Neuer uses anticipation and guessing to a large extend. He clearly moves a bit towards a side even before player approaches the ball.You have to read his moves to score.

Of course there is no such thing as fully reflex relaying keeper and fully anticipation relaying but still .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Sun May 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Drogba's penalty :bow:

Waited long enough for Neuer to commit, composed enough to slot it right in the corner.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun May 20, 2012 9:06 pm

I liked how short Drogba's runup was...instills much more confidence than the people who run up from like 15 yards or something
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Sun May 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Balotelli is the best peno taker in the world. Joe Hart said NEVER has he been able to save one in training. (and Joe hart is good at saving penos)

Balo's style is wierd.

The stuttering, slow run up and then casually "passing" the ball into the net with the keeper going the wrong way every time.

He has so much skill that he actually waits to see which way the keeper is going and then decides at the last minute which side to pass the ball into.

He doesn't even look at the ball when passing it into the net. He looks at the keeper THE WHOLE TIME, and see which leg they put pressure on.

That is an incredible skill.

Last edited by animal.crackers on Sun May 20, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Sun May 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Elano is a peno master too.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Sun May 20, 2012 9:15 pm

animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun May 20, 2012 9:25 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:I liked how short Drogba's runup was...instills much more confidence than the people who run up from like 15 yards or something

Maybe, but its still a lot harder to shoot with any power or placement shooting from that close

Last edited by Rebaño Sagrado on Sun May 20, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Most important thing is confidence.

Personally, in practice, I tell the keeper where I'm going, which makes it so you have to rely on skill and confidence to beat the keeper rather than the guessing game, and then if you can consistently put it in the net, you know your doing well Very Happy

Of course in a game it's much different!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 20, 2012 9:52 pm

huntsman wrote:I have noticed lately alot of the superstar players missing penalties in the pk shoot outs. Ramos, Robben, Shweini, messi, ronaldo and the list goes on. Even the fans over here make it sound like scoring a penalty is more difficult than scoring a 20 yard free-kick which is absurd ofcourse.

I hereby thought of reminding you of the basics of football; PK-101. The most difficult penalty to save for a goal keeper is the one that's aimed at his bottom left. Even if he knows where it's going, he cant stop it.

Go to 0:41mins and watch the PK taken by Nuri, that's all it takes and it's guaranteed almost all the times. I have dont this over and over again until i mastered the angle, i promise i am able to aim the ball 5 to 6 inches from the right post (left of the gk) every time. Seriously it's that easy and straight forward.

Huntsman's granny can confirm that he did this a number of times in her backyard, as a kid. Of course, under her surveillance, it was a matter of listening to her stories of the past, or keeping her entertained by passing the ball as close to grandpa's wheelchair as possible, without waking him up.

How to take a Penalty for Dummies  - Page 2 Granny-Clampett
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sun May 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Nameless wrote:
vizkosity wrote:but if you do it again again and again after games and games and games, the keeper will KNOW the chances. Srsly, you think they don't study ur penalty behaviors?
Thats why theres always a chance that keeper can save your shot??
I agree that they can read your body movements easily so use of mind is important too.

it was meant toward the op. Penalty is all about mental strength, as well as composure. It's not hard to put the ball in the right place for a penalty, but it's hard to do it under pressure and criticism.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon May 21, 2012 12:41 am

che wrote:i never understood why noone ever seems to go for a shot down the middle, keepers always move...?

ronaldo did that against granada , but the keeper saved it

youre right though , apparently 60 percent of the penalties aimed at the middle go right in .. the thing is though , if a keeper doesnt move he will save it fairly easily , and on the whole it looks like a very stupid penalty
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Mon May 21, 2012 4:01 am

or sometimes the legs can help. They think about that also. Probably one of the best way is to blast the ball to the top corners of the net without making eye contacts. But doing so under pressure is very hard indeed.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by quadrotor Mon May 21, 2012 5:22 pm

I've often thought the best strategy for a goalkeeper is to merely stay where he is and then move for the ball after he sees where it was going. Percentage wise this has a better chance of saving the ball.

If a goalkeeper does his homework/guesses and dives to one side then he has a 30% chance of saving the ball (33% ball goes to left/middle/right and ball is saved +~7% ball hits keeper's legs when ball is near the middle third -10% chance ball goes right into the corner where the goalie cannot get to even if he goes the right way).

However, if the goalie stays where he is, he has a 43% chance he will save the penalty. As he will save all shots in the middle third (33%) and will be able to react to penalties nearer the middle third than the left/right third (20%) minus a 10% chance penalty is kicked too powerfully/too well in the area the goalkeeper is for him to save.

So a 43% chance is better than 30% chance and the goalkeeper should stay where he is and wait until the ball is kicked and then react.

I should write to Ter Stegen and let him know and then he will overtake Samir Handanovič in my world's best goalkeeper rankings :)

quadrotor
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2