Is parking the bus the best way to win the CL?

+8
I Have Mono
TrezeGent
federichzoller
VivaStPauli
Kick
braylann
animal.crackers
Onyx
12 posters

Go down

Is parking the bus the best way to win the CL? Empty Is parking the bus the best way to win the CL?

Post by Onyx Sat May 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Chelsea beat Barca/Bayern, Inter beat Barca/Bayern 2 years ago, so is it the best way?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Is parking the bus the best way to win the CL? Empty Re: Is parking the bus the best way to win the CL?

Post by animal.crackers Sat May 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Chelsea had no choice...

And with Barca, you kinda have to.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Is parking the bus the best way to win the CL? Empty Re: Is parking the bus the best way to win the CL?

Post by braylann Sat May 19, 2012 11:19 pm

they didnt beat bayern by parking the bus imo

best way to beat teams that don't actually suck though I guess

UUGGH SORRY I HAD TO TROOOLLL

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat May 19, 2012 11:20 pm

U mad?

No, the best way to win it is the use the Correct Tactics, if that means parking the bus then yes.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Kick wrote:U mad?

No, the best way to win it is the use the Correct Tactics, if that means parking the bus then yes.

This. You pick the tactics you have the players for. Barca and Bayern defend by not letting the other team attack, Chelsea defend by parking the bus. It's about what your players can do. And I watched the match, it's not like Bayern didn't basically hand Chelsea the trophy - dat horrible finishing. Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Sat May 19, 2012 11:25 pm

bayern was awful. escuse me, most of bayern was awful. The whole game was awful. GOD

the only player I could watch without chokcing on my popcorn was taken off

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 19, 2012 11:27 pm

I actually thought that Bayerns midfield played rather well, and they did have a good half dozen of excellent chances from open play, they just sucked at finishing. I know it's basically the most important part of football, but this really isn't a reason to doubt the entire Bayern system or team. One or two depth signings and a tiny bit of luck and Bayern are right back in the final next year.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Sat May 19, 2012 11:29 pm

True. I mean they played great in all the CL from what I saw. But Robben :facepalm:

Gomez :facepalm:
pigclimber :facepalm:
Even Ribery sucked

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 19, 2012 11:31 pm

braylann wrote:True. I mean they played great in all the CL from what I saw. But Robben :facepalm:

Gomez :facepalm:
pigclimber :facepalm:
Even Ribery sucked

And even while sucking, Ribéry played a couple of great passes, it's just that nobody finished them. Robben, yes, he did not have a good match. And Gomez was awful. But apparently we have now learned that Gomez just can't start an entire season, I refuse to believe a player just suddenly becomes shitty, and he did look tired since february.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by federichzoller Sat May 19, 2012 11:33 pm

I didnt see much flair in the bayern midfield to be honest.it was just pass the ball to robbery .and both kept dissappointing with their end products. our defense was not that troubled.RDM s tactics was spot on. ryan did really well in teaming up with cole to prevent robben running at our defence .
federichzoller
federichzoller
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Sat May 19, 2012 11:34 pm

By no way it is the best.

Only because two teams won it playing like that in the last decade doesn't mean it's the most successful way. Go check how Madrid/Milan/Liverpool/Barca/ManUtd have won it.

Besides that, Chelsea had lots of luck throughout the way. Not taking anything from them, but they were NOT better than Barca or Bayern.

If it wasn't for the luck of penalties we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 19, 2012 11:35 pm

That's kind of my point as well, if Gomez had finished one of the three sitters he missed, if Müller had finished that one sitter he missed, if Robben or Ribéry had a bit of luck - or if they had just won the penalties, none of this discussion would be happening.

Bayern have no reason to change anything, except sign a better bench and rotate a bit more.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Sun May 20, 2012 8:17 am

Can't be successful consistently at parking the bus if you don't have great players.

You don't get "lucky" that much.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun May 20, 2012 8:47 am

luck tends to hang around the winners :coffee:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun May 20, 2012 10:02 am

Its Luck. Some people have Champions Luck. In general this team does not have the winning attitude. They play beautiful football & loose.

Germany recently has been like this.

2002 WC 2nd
2006 WC 3rd
2008 Euros 2nd
2010 WC 3rd

2006 WC (Ribery) 2nd
2010 WC (Robben) 2nd.

CHL 2010 Bayern 2nd
CHL 2012 Bayern 2nd

The team does not win. I believe if we can win 1 then we have a good chance of challenging for the title again next year too.

The core of this team will remain intact. A new LW,ST is a must. We need better bench players. Olic for Ribery :facepalm:

Ribery & Gomez in general Were non-existant,Robben & Muller missed a lot of chances,although Muller scored the 1.

Bayern needs a strong technical ST like Falcao. We had Olic in CHL 2010 & now Gomez & this tactic is not working for Park The Bus type teams.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Sun May 20, 2012 10:51 am

inter won because they had quality. chelsea won with extreme luck. anyway take a look at history. fortunately bus teams usually dont win cl or other big trophies like euro or wc. just move on, it's a cl season to forget.

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuess99 Sun May 20, 2012 7:46 pm

lol hell no, if barca or bayern scored the chances they had , they could of won easily .They just managed to miss chances and penalties..If its not quality and talent then luck is what you need to win the champions league.
Zuess99
Zuess99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down