Conte: 'My first Final as Coach'

Go down

Conte: 'My first Final as Coach'  Empty Conte: 'My first Final as Coach'

Post by DeviAngel Sat May 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Antonio Conte is excited at facing his first Coppa Italia Final as a Coach, having lifted the trophy for Juventus as a captain. “It can crown an extraordinary year.”

The Bianconeri face Napoli at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on Sunday evening and can set a new record by ending the campaign unbeaten in official competition.

“It’s a wonderful sensation and a unique emotion, because this is my first Final as a Coach,” said Conte in his press conference.

“I think tomorrow’s Final can crown an extraordinary year that has seen us win the Scudetto by a comfortable margin. Now we prepare for another great evening that can give us the chance to lift a second trophy in this fantastic season.”

Conte was also captain when Juventus won the Champions League in this stadium in 1996.

“Our state of mind is to reach this game with a remarkable Scudetto victory behind us and a week in which we celebrated. However, as I told the lads, it is time to stop the party and focus on this Final that we really care about.

“We fought hard to get here, so will step on to the field with the right mentality, of a side that knows it has achieved something remarkable already, but could make it a super-extraordinary campaign.”

The encounters with Napoli in Serie A this season have been thrilling, including a 3-3 draw at the San Paolo.

“In Naples it was a great show of strength and I realised this team is made of steel,” continued Conte.

“Napoli are the worst opponent we could’ve chosen for this Final, as they have immense potential.”

Naturally, the Coach was asked about the new accusations from Filippo Carobbio in the betting scandal, as unproved allegations suggested he knew about match-fixing when he was at Siena in Serie B last season.

“I reply the same way I did during the season, don’t I? There’s nothing new on the horizon. I read the articles yesterday and have nothing to reply to, as it would be a lack of respect to those conducting the investigation. If and when I am called to testify, I will be happy to answer any questions put to me.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum