Tomwin Lannister
Aensensen
Luca
huntsman
leemhuis
TonyDaBeast
10 posters

Go down

Worldwide opinion on the future of Ac Milan Empty Worldwide opinion on the future of Ac Milan

Post by TonyDaBeast Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Over the last couple of years, i dont know if its just me, ive been realizing that people dont think of Ac Milan as a European Superpower like before. People used to make fun of us because we always had old players, our president never spent much and we always used to snap up free-agents. I felt like we were the laughing stock amongst the big teams in the world. but as of yesterday, we have let go off: Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Zambrotta, Gattuso, Roma, Van Bommel. I think the only oldie well have left is ambro. So now i ask you, i would like to know for my personal knowledge from neutrals all around, What is your opinion on Ac Milan PRESENTLY!

its not a poll but im giving 2 suggestions to all to answer and you guys can add your own personal details to your answer.

A) I didnt really consider Ac Milan a real european heavyweight before with all the nesta's, inzaghi's seedorf's, etc etc and now that there gone, they have lost EVEN MORE the title of 'EUROPEAN SUPERPOWER' there are no longer the class of the bayern,reals,barca,man u's etc

B) Holy F*ck, with all these players gone, Milan will have no choice but to spend and thus do a complete revolution on the squad, they can only become better than before and if they replace the departing players correctly, Ac Milan is now a force to reckon with in Europe.

share all your ideas Smile i will watch attentively to see what you guys think
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Worldwide opinion on the future of Ac Milan Empty Re: Worldwide opinion on the future of Ac Milan

Post by leemhuis Mon May 14, 2012 4:20 pm

I don't understand your logic. We won the CL in 2003 and as recently as 2007. Bayern won it the last time in 2001, Real Madrid in 2002. We finished among the last 8 in the CL this year, an end of an era year. What do you mean "no longer the class"? Only ManU, Inter and Barca have won it more recently than us.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Worldwide opinion on the future of Ac Milan Empty Re: Worldwide opinion on the future of Ac Milan

Post by huntsman Mon May 14, 2012 4:22 pm

leemhuis wrote:I don't understand your logic. We won the CL in 2003 and as recently as 2007. Bayern won it the last time in 2001, Real Madrid in 2002. We finished among the last 8 in the CL this year, an end of an era year. What do you mean "no longer the class"? Only ManU, Inter and Barca have won it more recently than us.

You are a decling power, the only trophy you can compete for now is Serie A. Alot of clubs are emerging as new buyers of power.

Sir Alex might tell you that money doesnt buy you trophies, but that's why he's 71.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon May 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Presently, they will need to find their identity again and they must invest in quality

I see them making the same mistakes that Juventus did a few years ago (except to a lesser degree)

Juventus dropped players like Nedved, Trezeguet and Camoranesi and never truly replaced them at the time, not that they can be replaced but the difference in quality was very noticeable.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Mon May 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Milan will become a great team in 2-3 seasons again. Given that they bring in more young talents. If they just go and buy old replacements - than you need to kick Berlusconi and Galliani out.

A lot of players will be excited about joining Milan, as now there's a new project to look forward to. Pulling power will be huge. If you play your cards right I can see you snatching Neymar before anyone else.

And last, not least, let's not forget we're talking about Milan here. Players will want to play for such a huge club.

Good luck at the market Thumbs up
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

leemhuis: since 2007 we havent done anything important in CL lets face it.

huntsman: thats exactly the word i was looking for all day. IF WE ARE DECLINING!! Razz

TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Aensensen wrote:Milan will become a great team in 2-3 seasons again. Given that they bring in more young talents. If they just go and buy old replacements - than you need to kick Berlusconi and Galliani out.

A lot of players will be excited about joining Milan, as now there's a new project to look forward to. Pulling power will be huge. If you play your cards right I can see you snatching Neymar before anyone else.

And last, not least, let's not forget we're talking about Milan here. Players will want to play for such a huge club.

football is now a fast pace game. There is no time to develop talents, you have to buy them or you ll get bitten by other clubs.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon May 14, 2012 5:11 pm

TonyDaBeast wrote:leemhuis: since 2007 we havent done anything important in CL lets face it.

huntsman: thats exactly the word i was looking for all day. IF WE ARE DECLINING!! Razz

Until Mourinho went and straightened out Madrid (this year really), Madrid had done nothing in the CL since 2002. Were they a "declining power" for ten years?

leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Mon May 14, 2012 5:19 pm

y r u just mentionning madrid?? im not comparing milan with only madrid here.. whether they win or not everybody considers them a power house because its REAL MADRID. i wanna know if its the same thing with us or have people really written us off as a global power.
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Mon May 14, 2012 5:38 pm

huntsman wrote:
Aensensen wrote:Milan will become a great team in 2-3 seasons again. Given that they bring in more young talents. If they just go and buy old replacements - than you need to kick Berlusconi and Galliani out.

football is now a fast pace game. There is no time to develop talents, you have to buy them or you ll get bitten by other clubs.

I was refering to a Hazard, Neymar, Gotze kind of young talent.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon May 14, 2012 5:48 pm

TonyDaBeast wrote:y r u just mentionning madrid?? im not comparing milan with only madrid here.. whether they win or not everybody considers them a power house because its REAL MADRID. i wanna know if its the same thing with us or have people really written us off as a global power.

What do you care about what other people think. You have Chelsea and Arsenal supporters, whose clubs have never won a CL and they believe that their clubs are global powers. Us with 7 CLs not considered a global power. LOL
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Mon May 14, 2012 6:00 pm

im sure theres other people here who are smart enough to not let their judgment get clouded up by the fact they support chelsea or arsenal. and its those people who im waiting to hear from Razz so u dont have to worry leemhuis, im aware of the jealous Razz
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Mon May 14, 2012 6:04 pm

reason y im interested to know is because, theres been another thread opened up and that thread is exactly proving my point.. look at the lists that some posters here are posting. some of them dont even include Milan.. Sad
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 14, 2012 6:05 pm

People are all too quick to forget how recently AC have won the CL.

People from the UK (Premfaces, not on this forum) generally don't think of Milan as a power house because some of them only watch the Prem and listen to the CL panel trash talk Milan about age/declining quality/lack of pace etc. And they remember the bad results against Man u and Tottenham.

If Milan were to knock out Chelsea/city/united/bayern/madrid/barca next season then I think alot of people would rank them higher. It's stupid but that's the way it is.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Mon May 14, 2012 6:08 pm

i agree with you absolutely!
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon May 14, 2012 6:09 pm

They are ending a cycle so therefore are currently on the decline. Of course they can easily come back with a few key purchases, but without Leonardo Galliani looks lost.

We'll see, but this summer is crucial. Without the old guard, you need more quality.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by NavJuve Mon May 14, 2012 6:34 pm

TomJuve wrote:People are all too quick to forget how recently AC have won the CL.

People from the UK (Premfaces, not on this forum) generally don't think of Milan as a power house because some of them only watch the Prem and listen to the CL panel trash talk Milan about age/declining quality/lack of pace etc. And they remember the bad results against Man u and Tottenham.

If Milan were to knock out Chelsea/city/united/bayern/madrid/barca next season then I think alot of people would rank them higher. It's stupid but that's the way it is.

:bow:
NavJuve
NavJuve
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 14, 2012 6:48 pm

The truth is , we aren't what we used to be , but any team has it's cycles and after they end , they start all over again . By no means the football world sees Milan like back in 2007 or even 2008 i am afraid..

When Milan won their last cup out of Italy , the Club world cup , the cycle ended. Since 2001-2002 , Milan was on top of Europe , sometimes along with other teams , but we were extremely competitive. A new cycle has already begun for Milan , since 2011.

With players like Abate , Silva , Boateng , Pato , Ibra , Nocerino ,now Montolivo and some talents like Sharaawy and Merkel and a few more quality additions , Milan can go far.

But Milan's main problems aren't just who plays .

One of the major issues , is the youth policy that cost Milan so far , we didn't produce any player from our youth for too long . It's these 2 years that some good moves have been made , but the benefits of this work won't be available in the recent future. Some talents Milan has at the moment might turn out into very good players in the future , but in the future not right now...

And the other is the strict transfer policy Milan has adopted after last time spending on Ronaldinho . That's where it all changed , after Ronaldinho , who couldn't be what he should be for Milan and lot's of money and effort gone wasted. I won't name all the s*** transfers Milan has made , due to my love for Milan , i am sure you all understand Laughing

After Ronny , we spended only for Ibra and Robinho and it worked . However , if someone finds out how many players Milan have lost in the course of the last 2 or 3 years because they weren't willing to spend , he ll need more facepalms than the Internet has to offer..

Cissokho,Pastore,Ilicic,Jovetic,Criscito,Tevez to name some recent ones... :coffee: and i am sure the are a lot , lot more that i don't remember right now.

In conclusion , Milan should first buy some young talented players who are willing to exceed expectations , along with occasional star signings to make things easier . When we change our transfer policy and our youth development becomes important for the team , then Milan will go back to be the powerhouse it used to be .

Because , let's face it , there was a time when teams s*** on their pants when they had to play Milan and these years , i ve seen players , coaches and especially fans , being pleased they had drawn Milan ..
They still respect Milan everywhere , but they don't see us as they see Barcelona or Real Madrid or Bayern anymore . If they want that to change there in the Via Turatti , they must change and spend some millions this summer.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Mon May 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Dante13 wrote:The truth is , we aren't what we used to be , but any team has it's cycles and after they end , they start all over again . By no means the football world sees Milan like back in 2007 or even 2008 i am afraid..

When Milan won their last cup out of Italy , the Club world cup , the cycle ended. Since 2001-2002 , Milan was on top of Europe , sometimes along with other teams , but we were extremely competitive. A new cycle has already begun for Milan , since 2011.

With players like Abate , Silva , Boateng , Pato , Ibra , Nocerino ,now Montolivo and some talents like Sharaawy and Merkel and a few more quality additions , Milan can go far.

But Milan's main problems aren't just who plays .

One of the major issues , is the youth policy that cost Milan so far , we didn't produce any player from our youth for too long . It's these 2 years that some good moves have been made , but the benefits of this work won't be available in the recent future. Some talents Milan has at the moment might turn out into very good players in the future , but in the future not right now...

And the other is the strict transfer policy Milan has adopted after last time spending on Ronaldinho . That's where it all changed , after Ronaldinho , who couldn't be what he should be for Milan and lot's of money and effort gone wasted. I won't name all the s*** transfers Milan has made , due to my love for Milan , i am sure you all understand Laughing

After Ronny , we spended only for Ibra and Robinho and it worked . However , if someone finds out how many players Milan have lost in the course of the last 2 or 3 years because they weren't willing to spend , he ll need more facepalms than the Internet has to offer..

Cissokho,Pastore,Ilicic,Jovetic,Criscito,Tevez to name some recent ones... :coffee: and i am sure the are a lot , lot more that i don't remember right now.

In conclusion , Milan should first buy some young talented players who are willing to exceed expectations , along with occasional star signings to make things easier . When we change our transfer policy and our youth development becomes important for the team , then Milan will go back to be the powerhouse it used to be .

Because , let's face it , there was a time when teams s*** on their pants when they had to play Milan and these years , i ve seen players , coaches and especially fans , being pleased they had drawn Milan ..They still respect Milan everywhere , but they don't see us as they see Barcelona or Real Madrid or Bayern anymore . If they want that to change there in the Via Turatti , they must change and spend some millions this summer.

THIS :bow:
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 14, 2012 6:59 pm

TonyDaBeast wrote:
Dante13 wrote:
Because , let's face it , there was a time when teams s*** on their pants when they had to play Milan and these years , i ve seen players , coaches and especially fans , being pleased they had drawn Milan ..

THIS :bow:

well , this phrase is not for :bow:

but for scratch :coffee: Laughing Evil or Very Mad No Shocked Suspect confused Worldwide opinion on the future of Ac Milan 2276801876 Clubber :vagi:

all combined against Milan i am afraid Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Mon May 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Teams go through cycles. From 2002-2007 Milan were universally regarded as a European powerhouse. Since then, we've been in a rebuilding stage that hasn't quite ended yet. Management was a little too stubborn and held on to our older players for far too long. Now that they're gone this rebuilding phase will have to be fast tracked. The lack of any notable success in the CL for the past couple of years has damaged our image but I think most would acknowledge that with a new CM, LB, and CB (now that Nesta is gone), Milan would be on par with the best of Europe. Hopefully B & G come through for us Milan fans.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down