Khaled
BarcaKizz
The Sanchez
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Real Betis vs FC Barcelona Empty Real Betis vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Sanchez Sat May 12, 2012 7:39 am

Never really started a topic like this but I guess a thread is better than no thread. Imo, I reckon Pique will start with Barta in the middle. Thiago will be in midfield as well as Afellay up front. I don't see any B teamers trainers with us apart from Tello, Barta, Montoya and Oier so don't expect like last season placing a second eleven... Speaking of Oier, Pinto apparently may have got himself an injury, we may see Oier placed instead of Valdes. Hope its a good game!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Real Betis vs FC Barcelona Empty Re: Real Betis vs FC Barcelona

Post by BarcaKizz Sat May 12, 2012 8:31 am

Yeah I would like to see Pique back too.

Oier/VV
Alves - Bartra - Pique - Adriano
Busquets
Thiago - Iniesta
Pedro - Messi - Cesc/Cuenca

Have a feeling it may be like this...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Real Betis vs FC Barcelona Empty Guardiola's Last Liga Match at #fcbarcelona: Real Betis Vs Barcelona

Post by Khaled Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 am

Pinto is injured, Oier included in the Match Squad to face Real Betis, but Guardiola confirmed in the press conference yesterday that Valdes will play.

ZAMORA RACE:

#Valdes conceded 26 goals in 34 games. (Avg Goals/game: 0.7647) #fcblive, #Casillas 30 in 36 (A: 0.8333) #realmadrid.

- If Valdes concedes 3 goals or more, Casillas played against Mallorca and kept a clean sheet. (Valdes, 0.828+ Vs Casillas, 0.810)
OR
- If Valdes concedes 4 goals or more, Casillas didn't play. (Valdes, 0.857+ Vs Casillas, 0.8333)

Casillas will win the Zamora.

============================

¤ Barcelona’s record in 93 Liga games against Real Betis (home+away): 54W, 19D, 20L {Goals: 204-100}.

¤ Barcelona’s record in 47 Liga games against Real Betis at home: 36W, 7D, 4L {Goals: 131-41}.

¤ Leo Messi’s record against Real Betis (all comps): 5W, 2D, 1L {7 Goals, 2 Assists). #fcblive at Benito Villamarin Stadium: 2 games (0W, 1D, 1L), 1 goal.

¤ Guardiola’s Barcelona record against Real Betis (all comps): 3W, 1D, 1L {Goals: 15-9} #fcblive @ Benito Villamarin Stadium: 0W, 1D, 1L (2-2, 3-1).

¤ Barcelona's biggest Away Liga win against Real Betis: 1-5 (1995/1996) #fcblive Goals by: Roger 7', Figo 26', Celades 81', Velamazan 83', De la Pena 84'.

-------------------------------

Line-up/Formation/score Predictions?

He has picked a squad of 19 players for his last ever league fixture as Barça manager, namely the 15 available members of the first team, plus Oier, Montoya, Bartra and Tello of Barça B. The reserve team keeper will be there as cover for Víctor Valdés in Seville, while Pinto, who will in theory start the cup final in goal, stays at home with a sprained ankle. Also missing are the injured Fontàs, Villa, Abidal, Puyol and Alexis. Keita, however, does make the team sheet, having recovered in time from problems with the soleus muscle in his left leg.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/betis-v-fc-barcelona-last-test-before-cup-final
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 am

sorry... didn't see this thread !
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat May 12, 2012 10:58 am

Sorry, I was late man and well there wasn't a thread for the Espanyol game so I just wanted to make sure there was one for the final game of the season...
I wih Oier played tbh. We have nothing to lose now and unless Valdes will be play CDR final then there is no need of him starting.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat May 12, 2012 11:18 am

paxtonpale wrote:Sorry, I was late man and well there wasn't a thread for the Espanyol game so I just wanted to make sure there was one for the final game of the season...
I wih Oier played tbh. We have nothing to lose now and unless Valdes will be play CDR final then there is no need of him starting.

don't worry... i hope Pep gives the chance to Oier...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat May 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Didn't Pep already confirm he was going to let VV play? I'd also prefer us to play with Oier. I like Kizz's line-up, although I'd prefer to see Muniesa instead of Bartra. Would be awesome if Messi could score a couple more.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat May 12, 2012 10:33 pm

lol @ whoever said Piqué is like Hummels. Watch Bayern - Dortmund and then Betis - Barcelona. Or I'll save you 180 minutes. Piqué is backyard junk compared to Hummels.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 13, 2012 1:10 am

Are you seriously judging Pique off the first game when he's coming back from injury? Compare his performances at the highest level of the CL to that game if you want, but this comparison makes no sense.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 13, 2012 1:30 am

Hummels has been Bundesliga's best centre back for the past couple of years. Piqué has had more disappointing matches this season than ones worthy of calling a top performance.

Spain should worry about their chances in Euro 2014 with Piqué and Ramos as their centre backs.

Last edited by danyjr on Sun May 13, 2012 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun May 13, 2012 2:02 am

I did not watch the cup final, but i have seen Dortmund and i think they don't play the high line.

I am quite sure if Hummels were to come to Barca, he would struggle due to the high-line.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun May 13, 2012 5:52 am

Hummels was alright. Gomez hit the post but hummels was too slow to pick him up. He is a good defender but he is not like Piques strandards. Good game from the boys especially Afellay, Busuqests, Masch and Xavi! Motnoya played well as well though he should have kept Castro offside but he made it up with the cross.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Sun May 13, 2012 7:11 am

Another reminder of how rubbish the refereeing is in the Primera...Dani's sending off was deserved but Chica and Cañas should've been sent off earlier as well...Incredible the amount of cynical fouling that was not getting a booking, Cañas at one point rugby tackling Leo with zero interest in the ball doesn't even warrant a yellow?...Happens all the time
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 am

While I dont agree with the person who called Pique backyard junk compared to Hummels,his form is a worry.
He has been inconsistent for more than a year now,starting from last January.
Last season he was wildly inconsistent but generally stepped up in the big games.This season he has been even more inconsistent.
The other problem with Pique(and I raised this last season too if dani remembers) is that he just cant lead a backline yet.With Puyol leading the backline by his side and keeping him on his toes,he is worldclass.
But he cant lead and organize a backline like Puyol can.Not even close.
Last night's game was a classic example.Our offside trap for the 2nd Betis goal was a joke.All 4 defenders were at various points.Nowhere close to a line.And the blame for that lies squarely with Pique as in the absence of Puyol he should be the one leading and organizing the back 4 and maintaining the line.
He still has to learn how to lead a backline which is why Puyol being out is a major worry.Its also why we need a world class CB next season.Masch was poor yesterday too as he has been for the past month(during crunch time).
He puts in effort and gives it his all but he just isnt a natural CB.We cant go into next season with an ageing Puyol,a wildly inconsistent Pique who cant yet lead a backline and Masch.
We need a world class CB who can lead the line.No 50-50 signings.No converted CB's(lie Javi Martinez).Just a world class CB.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun May 13, 2012 9:35 am

alexjanosik wrote:While I dont agree with the person who called Pique backyard junk compared to Hummels,his form is a worry.
Last season he was wildly inconsistent but generally stepped up in the big games.This season he has been even more inconsistent.
The other problem with Pique(and I raised this last season too if dani remembers) is that he just cant lead a backline yet.With Puyol leading the backline by his side and keeping him on his toes,he is worldclass.
Last night's game was a classic example.Our offside trap for the 2nd Betis goal was a joke.All 4 defenders were at various points.Nowhere close to a line.And the blame for that lies squarely with Pique as in the absence of Puyol he should be the one leading and organizing the back 4 and maintaining the line.
He still has to learn how to lead a backline which is why Puyol being out is a major worry.Its also why we need a world class CB next season.Masch was poor yesterday too as he has been for the past month(during crunch time).
He puts in effort and gives it his all but he just isnt a natural CB.We cant go into next season with an ageing Puyol,a wildly inconsistent Pique who cant yet lead a backline and Masch.
We need a world class CB who can lead the line.No 50-50 signings.No converted CB's(lie Javi Martinez).Just a world class CB.

Is there anyone you would suggest that we could realistically get?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 13, 2012 10:50 am

Indeed, I do remember Alex.

Pique backyard trash....bitch please.

Man played in Cl finals and all sorts, what has Hummels done? Bossed the German league?

Come back when you get some stripes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 13, 2012 11:41 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:While I dont agree with the person who called Pique backyard junk compared to Hummels,his form is a worry.

Is there anyone you would suggest that we could realistically get?

I am stumped.World class CB's dont exactly grow on trees.
If Pique drops the punk act and steps up,then it wouldnt be as much as an issue.We could do with getting a promising CB.But we have been hoping for him to drop the punk act for more than a year.Doesnt seem likely.
So we need an authoritative CB who will keep Pique on his toes the way Puyol does.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 13, 2012 11:43 am

And I wouldnt dismiss Hummels lightly.He is a quality CB and at the very least we can safely say he is more consistent than Pique.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 13, 2012 2:37 pm

The Franchise wrote:Indeed, I do remember Alex.

Man played in Cl finals and all sorts, what has Hummels done? Bossed the German league?

Typical of Piqué's performances this year:

1. Slow, not only on the feet but also in the head. Remember his world class performances against the likes of C. Ronaldo a couple of years ago? Nowadays he gets rounded like a schoolboy by average players. Lapses of concentration and intensity have become synonym to his performances.
  2. Disorganised and clueless. Someone said he needs someone else to organise the defence and I agree. Without Puyol, Barcelona don't have that leader in defence. Playing alongside a converted DM doesn't help either. (Don't get me wrong, Mascherano is a fantastic player but he hasn't understood the defensive line like a CB yet, he plunges into tackles, typical of his DM performances.) Betis' goals are worthy of a thousand words.
  3. Taking the ball up front without any idea where he wants to go, arrives at a cul-de-sac, passes to a team mate and puts him in pressure and now has to run back to fill his gap in centre of defence.
  4. Taking the ball to the line when he is in pressure. Often giving the ball away or giving away a throw-in/corner in Barcelona's defensive third.
  5. Shaky heading; jumping and heading away is not good enough if you always head the ball to an opposition player. Virtually no aim with his heading

He may not be backyard trash, but he hasn't been anywhere near being worthy of starting for a big club or his country. And unlike you I live in the present not in the past. Champions League finals are yesteryear's news. Get real or get gone.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 pm

alexjanosik wrote:And I wouldnt dismiss Hummels lightly.He is a quality CB and at the very least we can safely say he is more consistent than Pique.

Indeed, but you cant get instant stripes till you do it at the highest level tbh.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 13, 2012 5:49 pm

danyjr wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Indeed, I do remember Alex.

Typical of Piqué's performances this year:

1. Slow, not only on the feet but also in the head. Remember his world class performances against the likes of C. Ronaldo a couple of years ago? Nowadays he gets rounded like a schoolboy by average players. Lapses of concentration and intensity have become synonym to his performances.
  2. Disorganised and clueless. Someone said he needs someone else to organise the defence and I agree. Without Puyol, Barcelona don't have that leader in defence. Playing alongside a converted DM doesn't help either. (Don't get me wrong, Mascherano is a fantastic player but he hasn't understood the defensive line like a CB yet, he plunges into tackles, typical of his DM performances.) Betis' goals are worthy of a thousand words.
  3. Taking the ball up front without any idea where he wants to go, arrives at a cul-de-sac, passes to a team mate and puts him in pressure and now has to run back to fill his gap in centre of defence.
  4. Taking the ball to the line when he is in pressure. Often giving the ball away or giving away a throw-in/corner in Barcelona's defensive third.
  5. Shaky heading; jumping and heading away is not good enough if you always head the ball to an opposition player. Virtually no aim with his heading

He may not be backyard trash, but he hasn't been anywhere near being worthy of starting for a big club or his country. And unlike you I live in the present not in the past. Champions League finals are yesteryear's news. Get real or get gone.

Meh, players have bad spells perhaps you should be a bit more long sighted and lets see over time.

Your comments are dsiresepctful to everything Pique as done.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 13, 2012 5:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:And I wouldnt dismiss Hummels lightly.He is a quality CB and at the very least we can safely say he is more consistent than Pique.

Indeed, but you cant get instant stripes till you do it at the highest level tbh.

true.He has yet to do it in Europe.So we need to wait and watch a bit more.
But he is class and boy can he pass from the back.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Indeed, I seen, he has the making of a quality player but as you said, lets wait and see. Its one thing owning the Hunterlaar's of the world and CL quality strikers on a consistent basis.

Pique has been there and done that.

So, while Pique is having difficulties at this moment lets not be short sighted and starting proclaiming him trash and suggsting who hasnt even done anything on that level superior.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 13, 2012 6:12 pm

danyjr wrote:
Spain should worry about their chances in Euro 2014 with Piqué and Ramos as their centre backs.

Ramos leads our back line and is as vocal as they get.

Tactically he may not be as good as Puyol yet but he will keep Pique and the rest on their P's and Q's.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Hummels is not better than Pique.Atleast not yet.Pique is still the better player as he has proved it on the biggest of stages and Hummels hasnt.
But Pique's form is a bit of a worry.He has not been playing at a consistently high level since last January.
We need him to step up or,the more likely case need a world class signing to lead the line and keep him on his toes.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next