DeviAngel
S
juv3holic
Nomad
The_ItalianFool
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What striker should we let go? - Page 2 Empty Re: What striker should we let go?

Post by S Thu May 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Disagree wholeheartedly.

With a fully fit in form Vucinic and Pirlo as witnessed in the 2nd half of the season(especially Vucinic) we should have been racking up La Liga like scorelines but we didnt as we were so awful in front of goal.

Creativity would inevitably become a problem if these two main players in Vuci and Pirlo dont turn up as witnessed in some games in first half of the season since Pirlo was playing too deep and we simply were piss poor at times in the final third.

I'd agree we need to bolster our creativity department too but we need a clinical 20 goal striker first and foremost imo.I was thinking to myself at times we literally play like Barca but we dont just kill of our chances.we've played by far the most entertaining footy this season in Serie A no doubt.

Actually Gio has been linked to Napoli recently so maybe Marotta might use him as a compensation technique to acquire Cavani..You never know.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

What striker should we let go? - Page 2 Empty Re: What striker should we let go?

Post by juve_gigi Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Surag wrote:Disagree wholeheartedly.

With a fully fit in form Vucinic and Pirlo as witnessed in the 2nd half of the season(especially Vucinic) we should have been racking up La Liga like scorelines but we didnt as we were so awful in front of goal.

Creativity would inevitably become a problem if these two main players in Vuci and Pirlo dont turn up as witnessed in some games in first half of the season since Pirlo was playing too deep and we simply were piss poor at times in the final third.

I'd agree we need to bolster our creativity department too but we need a clinical 20 goal striker first and foremost imo.I was thinking to myself at times we literally play like Barca but we dont just kill of our chances.we've played by far the most entertaining footy this season in Serie A no doubt.

Actually Gio has been linked to Napoli recently so maybe Marotta might use him as a compensation technique to acquire Cavani..You never know.

Agreed, however Giovinco is a different player than Vucinic. He can be a trequartista as well as an SS, so he can play together with Vucinic and Pirlo on the pitch at the same time. You can play a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-2-3-1 with all of them together. That would be dynamic. Matri scored 21 goals last year so he can score, he just had an off year. But of course we still need a world class CF even if Matri gets back to the 20 goal level. Cavani would be perfect.

I would hate if Gio went to Napoli, he is a Juventino just like Criscito. I hope that both those players come back, it would make us stronger and the Italian national team stronger.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Giovinco isnt really a Trequartista imo and if he were to come back to Juve would/should be playing in Vucinic's position and he himself said that he considers himself as a forward so there you go.

4-2-3-1 would require one of MVP to be dropped and it shouldnt happen in any case and thats ruled out.4-3-1-2 as i said TQ might just not be Gio's ideal position as he might have some defending to do.I think its a bit similar to Cassano's case as he's played as an SS both for La Nazionale and Milan.Cassano and Giovinco are similar players in that regard.

so going by what i've said above would he be willing to accept conte's rotation policy..Gio has always moaned about playtime so i'm not sure this is going to work well.Add to that we have to pay a considerable amount to get him back.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Thu May 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Even though i love Quags and Matri equal we all know that some one needs to leave to make room for another top striker. It would be waste to have quag/matri as fourth option in attack considering that we are playing with one ST
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri May 11, 2012 12:02 am

elmystique wrote:keep Borriello? are you guys on weed? that guy will be another Amauri, better staying away than having him on our hands and payroll....
don't be disrespecting weed dude...
It cocaine that make people think like that...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri May 11, 2012 2:07 am

Matri is our number one CF, right?

We need a new number one CF, right?

Matri can generate the most money, right?

Matri has never played in Europe, right?

Matri has been inconsistent, right?

Both Quag and Borriello have scored goals (a good ratio, too.) in Europe, right?

Quag can score miracle goals, right?

IF we get Borriello for 4-5 mil, and sell Matri for about 15 Mil, wouldnt it be better to keep Borriello on the bench rather than a striker we can make money off of?

I personally like Matri better than Borriello, and maybe even better than Quags. But right now, we are replacing our starting CF, not our bench strikers.

That is why I think we should sell Matri; We can make more money off him, We are replacing our starting CF(Matri's spot) with a top class CF, the other 2 have proven to be useful in Europe, and both of the other 2 strikers are better suited to our current game plan (possession rather than counter attacking).
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri May 11, 2012 2:26 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:Matri is our number one CF, right?

We need a new number one CF, right?

Matri can generate the most money, right?

Matri has never played in Europe, right?

Matri has been inconsistent, right?

Both Quag and Borriello have scored goals (a good ratio, too.) in Europe, right?

Quag can score miracle goals, right?

IF we get Borriello for 4-5 mil, and sell Matri for about 15 Mil, wouldnt it be better to keep Borriello on the bench rather than a striker we can make money off of?

I personally like Matri better than Borriello, and maybe even better than Quags. But right now, we are replacing our starting CF, not our bench strikers.

That is why I think we should sell Matri; We can make more money off him, We are replacing our starting CF(Matri's spot) with a top class CF, the other 2 have proven to be useful in Europe, and both of the other 2 strikers are better suited to our current game plan (possession rather than counter attacking).

Not because he hasn't played in Europe means he can't perform there...
The man deserves a chance!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri May 11, 2012 2:34 am

I'd rather not leave our season up to chance...
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri May 11, 2012 2:39 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:I'd rather not leave our season up to chance...

I'd rather Matri screw up than Borriello!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri May 11, 2012 2:58 am

Cotes wrote:

Borriello would be nothing more than a bench player. That is why I say we sell Matri, because instead of sitting on the bench, we can make money off of him.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri May 11, 2012 3:20 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:
Cotes wrote:

Borriello would be nothing more than a bench player. That is why I say we sell Matri, because instead of sitting on the bench, we can make money off of him.

And if we buy Cavani and he gets injured, then what? Then our bench player, Borriello, who has played on more teams than the number of women Berlusconi has slept with, becomes our starter. Then we're screwed, pardon the pun.

I would rather have Matri, who scored 21 goals last year, on our bench than Borriello, who hasn't scored more than 14 goals in any one year since the 1980's...

When I watched my Juve 10 years ago we used to have world class players on the bench. At one time 7 years ago we had Ibra, Del Piero, Trezeguet and a young Mutu as our forwards. Two of those guys were always on the bench. So what is the problem of having a 20 goal scorer like Matri on the bench when we would be playing in 3 competitions? And I don't follow the logic that we can sell Matri for more than Borriello, who cares? If we win Coppa Italia we would be getting roughly 60 million in cash from the Coppa and qualifying for CL. That is more than enough to buy a world class striker, plus the players we will be selling like Krasic, Elia and maybe Melo would allow us to fetch another 30-40 million in dough. The LAST problem we are gonna have this summer is finding money to buy world class players. We will be rolling in the dough Fab. Trust me.

Marotta has no excuses this summer. He has a barrel of cash to spend and I am assuming he is going to spend it. No excuses this summer. "Quality over quantity". That is the slogan I have heard and that is what I expect. Nothing less than 2 world class players being purchased this summer will satisfy me...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri May 11, 2012 3:34 am

Surag wrote:Giovinco isnt really a Trequartista imo and if he were to come back to Juve would/should be playing in Vucinic's position and he himself said that he considers himself as a forward so there you go.

4-2-3-1 would require one of MVP to be dropped and it shouldnt happen in any case and thats ruled out.4-3-1-2 as i said TQ might just not be Gio's ideal position as he might have some defending to do.I think its a bit similar to Cassano's case as he's played as an SS both for La Nazionale and Milan.Cassano and Giovinco are similar players in that regard.

so going by what i've said above would he be willing to accept conte's rotation policy..Gio has always moaned about playtime so i'm not sure this is going to work well.Add to that we have to pay a considerable amount to get him back.

Gio started out as a #10, just like Baggio, Del Piero and Totti before him and then moved into a support striker position. They all played the #10 role at one point and then moved to a support striker as Italian teams basically abandoned the trequartista, #10, role. But he could easily play that role again if need be, even though today he is a support striker and, like you said, he favours that position. Same with Cassano, if he was in shape he would be a great #10. Unfortunately most Itailan teams don't play with a #10 anymore, so the trequartista position is basically gone now.

So yeah, like you said, I don't really see Conte playing a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-2-3-1 per se, but in a 4-3-3- I can see Vucinic lining up as the CF and Giovinco and Quagliarella lining up beside him, with Pirlo in behind and then Vidal and Marchisio behind him. Kinda a 4-2-1-3 hybrid but still a 4-3-3. That would work for certain situations, especially in the Champions League playing teams from different countries.

I guess the point I am trying to make is if you add Giovinco to our team then Conte can be more flexible with formations, especially against the European teams, and it would give us more depth in case of injury.

In order to succeed in European competition you need to be two deep at every position. That is why I advocate keeping Matri and then bringing in Cavani and Giovinco. Because then you would have two good support strikers in Vucinic and Giovinco and two good central strikers in Cavani and Matri. This is what you need to win Champions League. Look at Barca, Bayern and Real. They have world class players on the bench, and 10 years ago so did Juve. It is time that Juve came back to where we used to be. The NEW Juve will have top players on the bench. I can guarantee you that.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by redstar Fri May 11, 2012 3:40 am

Neymar, Santos, Brazil national football team

Leandro Damiao, Internacional, Brazil national football team

Roberto Soldado, Valencia, Spain national football team

Fernando Llorente, Athletic Bilbao, Spain national football team

Olivier Giroud, Montpellier, France national football team

Luuk de Jong, Twente, Holland national football team

Emmanuel Adebayor, Tottenham Hotspur, Togo national football team
redstar
redstar
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Fri May 11, 2012 4:04 am

redstar wrote:Neymar, Santos, Brazil national football team

Leandro Damiao, Internacional, Brazil national football team

Roberto Soldado, Valencia, Spain national football team

Fernando Llorente, Athletic Bilbao, Spain national football team

Olivier Giroud, Montpellier, France national football team

Luuk de Jong, Twente, Holland national football team

Emmanuel Adebayor, Tottenham Hotspur, Togo national football team

It would be nice to have the problem of having to let one of these go
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri May 11, 2012 9:48 am

juve_gigi wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:
Cotes wrote:

Borriello would be nothing more than a bench player. That is why I say we sell Matri, because instead of sitting on the bench, we can make money off of
if we buy Cavani and he gets injured, then what? Then our bench player, Borriello

Then we have Quag....
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri May 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Sell or loan out Matri and then sign a CF and SS. We need both types of forwards because Vucinic is our only true SS. I know people say Quags can play both positions, but he's much better as a CF. Juve could even use Matri to try and bring back Giovinco.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri May 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch every match this season, especially after christmas.

Matri has seemingly fallen out of favor. What happened? When I've watched, he's still been playing much as he did at the end of last season. Borriello has looked uninterested at times to me, despite several important goals. I can't see why Juve should buy Borriello and sell Matri, even if Borriello comes cheap.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri May 11, 2012 9:46 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch every match this season, especially after christmas.

Matri has seemingly fallen out of favor. What happened? When I've watched, he's still been playing much as he did at the end of last season. Borriello has looked uninterested at times to me, despite several important goals. I can't see why Juve should buy Borriello and sell Matri, even if Borriello comes cheap.

Boriello will be a third choice CF whether Matri stays or goes. He doesn't have to be great as a backup, just solid.

Matri cannot be the starting CF for a Juventus team that will be competing in UCL and competing for another scudetto. 10 league goals is not sufficient for a season as the number one CF. I also don't see Matri as a good second choice striker coming off the bench. He's not the type of striker that injects energy into the attack like that. He needs to have playing time to break out of his slumps. The more he's on the bench, the worse he tends to play when he gets his opportunities. So, I think he deserves to start for another team and Juve should give him that chance. In a perfect world, he could be used to as partial payment for a SS or CF.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Juventude wrote:Boriello will be a third choice CF whether Matri stays or goes. He doesn't have to be great as a backup, just solid.

Matri cannot be the starting CF for a Juventus team that will be competing in UCL and competing for another scudetto. 10 league goals is not sufficient for a season as the number one CF. I also don't see Matri as a good second choice striker coming off the bench. He's not the type of striker that injects energy into the attack like that. He needs to have playing time to break out of his slumps. The more he's on the bench, the worse he tends to play when he gets his opportunities to play. So, I think he deserves to start for another team and Juve should give him that chance. In a perfect world, he could be used to as partial payment for a SS or CF.

+1 wholeheartedly agree.Couldnt have said it better.

Gio+Matri+cash for Cavani would be an awesome deal.What Say ?

I'm sure i'll get a negative reaction from a few of them.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri May 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Juventude wrote:
donttreadonred wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch every match this season, especially after christmas.

Boriello will be a third choice CF whether Matri stays or goes. He doesn't have to be great as a backup, just solid.

Matri cannot be the starting CF for a Juventus team that will be competing in UCL and competing for another scudetto. 10 league goals is not sufficient for a season as the number one CF. I also don't see Matri as a good second choice striker coming off the bench. He's not the type of striker that injects energy into the attack like that. He needs to have playing time to break out of his slumps. The more he's on the bench, the worse he tends to play when he gets his opportunities. So, I think he deserves to start for another team and Juve should give him that chance. In a perfect world, he could be used to as partial payment for a SS or CF.

Well said.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri May 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Juventude wrote:Boriello will be a third choice CF whether Matri stays or goes. He doesn't have to be great as a backup, just solid.

Well put. That makes perfect sense.

I like Matri as a player, but your assessment is spot on. He does not tend to play well coming off the bench, or after lay-offs. Quags is far superior to him at injecting energy and playing as a second choice striker. Given the choice between the two, for that role, I would choose Quags, too.

Thanks for the well worded response.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sat May 12, 2012 1:25 am

Juventude wrote:

Quags would be our third choice striker, not Borriello. Borriello belongs in the kitchen with Amauri. Just caused he happened to score 2 goals at the end of the year all of a sudden he deserves to stay? What did he do the rest of the year, stir the sauce for the pasta??

Matri will be starting games next year, so we don't have to worry about him coming off the bench every game. We will be in 3 competitions so no need to worry about Matri being rusty or not playing. We will sign a world class striker like Cavani or Van Persie or Falcao and then Matri and Quags will be our super subs and start in some games as well. The fact that both Matri and Quags have signed contract extensions leads me to believe that Conte and Marotta feel the same way as I do about Matri and Quags, so I am confident they have made the right decisions to keep both players.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat May 12, 2012 11:48 am

Matri is no super sub. Sure he has saved a game (maybe 2?) coming off of the bench. But he is not one to score that miraculous goal, and it is true that without a lot of minutes Matri scores a lot less. I dont think any is trying to say he isnt a good striker tho...

Here is a nice pro Matri piece, gives a good perspective: http://banana-kick.net/player-of-the-alessandro-matri-all-he-needs-is/
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by anouarjuve Sat May 12, 2012 12:17 pm

It depends on who we will going to sign... if we get a WC forward ... sell Matri Borriello, if not keep matri ...
Ps: next season we are going to have Iaquinta stuck on our a** :facepalm:
anouarjuve
anouarjuve
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun May 13, 2012 10:50 pm

anouarjuve wrote:It depends on who we will going to sign... if we get a WC forward ... sell Matri Borriello, if not keep matri ...
Ps: next season we are going to have Iaquinta stuck on our a** :facepalm:

This.

And I dont expect Iaquinta is going to be staying at Juve.. but maybe, he is a hard worker which fits Conte's style.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum