DeviAngel
S
juv3holic
Nomad
The_ItalianFool
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What striker should we let go? Empty What striker should we let go?

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu May 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Assuming Del Piero is not going to get a contract extension, who would you keep and who would you let leave of these 3: Matri, Quag, Borriello. (Given, we are keeping Vucinic)

In all honesty, If we can get Borriello's fee cut in half along with his wages, I think he could be a good striker. When he got here first, he was horrible. Crap. But, it was evident that he was not in the same shape as his teammates, he was out of form, and he had no confidence. After less than half a season, we are seeing Borriello begin to shine. He has played well the past few games, and is getting on the score sheet. If Conte believes in him, I think he would be useful AT A CHEAP PRICE. His best season saw him net 19 goals in 37 appearances.

I also prefer Quaglierella to Matri. Quag's best season saw him score 21 in 48 appearances, but what is more impressive was his 8 goals in 11 appearances in Europe. Matri has been our number one CF for some time now, and has only netted 10 goals. With the rumors that we are going to sign a TOP CF, Matri will have lost his spot. I think we can generate the most money from Matri as well. I just don't see Matri cutting it for a team competing on 3 fronts. Matri's best season saw him score 14 in 35 appearances... and has never been tested in Europe.

Sell Matri, Keep Quag, Sign Borriello at a much cheaper price.

Sign a Top Class CF

New CF, Quag, Borriello, Vucinic.

Technically, I guess there would be room to keep Matri as well, but let's get a debate goin.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

What striker should we let go? Empty Re: What striker should we let go?

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu May 10, 2012 12:23 pm

P.S.

Can't wait for the shitstorm I'm going to get for endorsing Borriello :study:
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu May 10, 2012 12:42 pm

WTF are you smoking man? sell Matri and Quag, and keep Borriello, huh? I don't think you are serious with that suggestion. And if you are, then we have to thank God that you are not the one in control of Juve's transfer policies.
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu May 10, 2012 12:46 pm

I said keep Quag, sell Matri.

Matri isnt cut to be our primary CF in the big leagues, and I believe he can generate the most money out of the 3.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juv3holic Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Actually Matri scored 20 goals last season. Didn't he? Half with Cagliari and half with ours. Correct me if that's wrong but seems like a good amount of goals for a single season.

He does have 19 goals in 41 games for Juventus. That means a goal almost every two games. Not bad at all.

This season he's been below par but you all seem to forget he did start the season alright. Vucinic started the season horribly but he made up for it at the end. I like Matri and his movement, he can be a better back up than Borriello in my eyes.
juv3holic
juv3holic
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.facebook.com/juanembadillo

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu May 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Youre right bro, I forgot to count his goals at Cagliari.

The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Yes i would sell Matri .Rather than seeing 18m striker sitting on the bench its better to sell him or use him as bait to secure another forward..Possibly Cavani ?

Borriello has shown he is pretty reliable coming off the bench and someone who wouldnt cost much.Keep Borriello for depth ,keep Quags ,sell Matri if a good market oppurtunity arises.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 10, 2012 2:14 pm

sell Quagli Sad he is not the same as he was he is blowing hot and cold to damn muc. But If I was DS I would keep them all 3 fronts to fight in plus injuries
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Thu May 10, 2012 2:44 pm

I am still not a big fan of Borriello, but after this season, I will give Conte and co. the benefit of the doubt. As for now I would keep Matri for at least another half of a season...

Although he is not on form, one of the issues with him, is that he has to get the ball too deeply. That seems to be based on how we play. I still think Conte can put him to good use. For example, I prefer him to Boriello if we are going to counter attack.

Let the 3 (or 4) of them (fwds) fight it out, and whomever is on the bottom come next winter, could be sold.
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu May 10, 2012 2:45 pm

DeviAngel wrote:sell Quagli Sad he is not the same as he was he is blowing hot and cold to damn muc. But If I was DS I would keep them all 3 fronts to fight in plus injuries

What striker should we let go? Tumblr_lx5lqyG19e1qaa7gwo1_400

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:sell Quagli Sad he is not the same as he was he is blowing hot and cold to damn muc. But If I was DS I would keep them all 3 fronts to fight in plus injuries

read it good Sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 pm

davidsNC wrote:I am still not a big fan of Borriello, but after this season, I will give Conte and co. the benefit of the doubt. As for now I would keep Matri for at least another half of a season...

Although he is not on form, one of the issues with him, is that he has to get the ball too deeply. That seems to be based on how we play. I still think Conte can put him to good use. For example, I prefer him to Boriello if we are going to counter attack.

Let the 3 (or 4) of them (fwds) fight it out, and whomever is on the bottom come next winter, could be sold.

I 100% agree that Matri is much better in a counter attacking side, but that is not the football we play now. we play possession and slow build up... something Matri is not really suited for.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 10, 2012 3:03 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
davidsNC wrote:I am still not a big fan of Borriello, but after this season, I will give Conte and co. the benefit of the doubt. As for now I would keep Matri for at least another half of a season...

I 100% agree that Matri is much better in a counter attacking side, but that is not the football we play now. we play possession and slow build up... something Matri is not really suited for.

I think we jump to early to conclusions, Matri scored 11 goals in his first 2.5 months he was on fire goal every game than his form dropped. Its all about the service. Matri stopped scoring when Vucinic's form dropped and our midfield's he deserves it to stay.

Let me remind you

Matri has scored 13 goals in 23 games for Juventus in his career to date which gives him a goal ratio of 0.57 per tie.

Trezeguet, meanwhile, netted 171 goals in 320 matches across all competitions for the Old Lady – a goal ratio of 0.53.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu May 10, 2012 3:39 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:

read it good Sad

you broke my heart

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu May 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Quag still has the talent, he just needs a good run of playing time without injuries. If we are patient, he will pay us back.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 10, 2012 3:43 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:Quag still has the talent, he just needs a good run of playing time without injuries. If we are patient, he will pay us back.

I love quagli but If I have to choose it would be Borriello than Quagli ... But when I tihnk better even thou my heart doesn't let it ..it should be M..m..atri Sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 10, 2012 3:52 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

I think we jump to early to conclusions, Matri scored 11 goals in his first 2.5 months he was on fire goal every game than his form dropped. Its all about the service. Matri stopped scoring when Vucinic's form dropped and our midfield's he deserves it to stay.

Let me remind you

Matri has scored 13 goals in 23 games for Juventus in his career to date which gives him a goal ratio of 0.57 per tie.

Trezeguet, meanwhile, netted 171 goals in 320 matches across all competitions for the Old Lady – a goal ratio of 0.53.

So you are comparing goal scoring ratio of a player who has played a mere 20 odd games with us to a striker who has managed to keep such an incredible scoring ratio playing close to 200 games ?

By that way of analyzing i can make Papiss Cisse look better than Van Nistelrooy purely based on goal scoring ratios.

I admit that record of his is not bad,but he has fluffed a fair share of his chances with either the defender marking him well when he on 1v1 ,or easily getting outbeaten in the air and most of all defenders maintaining the offside trap.How many times has he been offside this season ?

He is a decent striker but his movement in the box and awareness is nowhere compared to the top CF's in the world and he isnt good in the air considering we put so many crosses into the box.He isnt any good at holding up play either something which even Amauri is good at.And i agree with Italian_Fool's assessment on Matri.

Matri+Gio+Cash for Cavani and i can dream.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Quagliarella is the most versatile forward we have at present..I wouldnt even consider the thought of selling him.He slowly seems to be getting back to his best.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm

keep Borriello? are you guys on weed? that guy will be another Amauri, better staying away than having him on our hands and payroll....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Thu May 10, 2012 4:03 pm

i think we will only sign borriello if Roma lower their price..

even though i wouldn't mind borriello here to much, i'd prefer matri and quags to stay because i read on lol.com that roma pays borriello 5.4m/year Shocked

sorry..but even if we give him 3m/year is way to f-ing much for a bench player like him...and that's additional to a transfer fee.

and we already extended matri and quags contract..as i recall..i don't see them leaving
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Surag wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Let me remind you

So you are comparing goal scoring ratio of a player who has played a mere 20 odd games with us to a striker who has managed to keep such an incredible scoring ratio playing close to 200 games ?

By that way of analyzing i can make Papiss Cisse look better than Van Nistelrooy purely based on goal scoring ratios.

I admit that record of his is not bad,but he has fluffed a fair share of his chances with either the defender marking him well when he on 1v1 ,or easily getting outbeaten in the air and most of all defenders maintaining the offside trap.How many times has he been offside this season ?

He is a decent striker but his movement in the box and awareness is nowhere compared to the top CF's in the world and he isnt good in the air considering we put so many crosses into the box.He isnt any good at holding up play either something which even Amauri is good at.And i agree with Italian_Fool's assessment on Matri.

Matri+Gio+Cash for Cavani and i can dream.

no1 is comapring them I say that Matri was that good in the beginning that he can be again its just form. And I just showed numbers that speak the same. Amauri never had that stats
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu May 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Keep Matri & Quags...
It's not Matri's fault for his lost of form...Conte rotated the striker too much this season...After Matri saved our asses vs Milan...he really did deserve to start the next game but didn't for some reason...

Borriello had 2 goal with us & although we can argue about why he hasn't been performing with us is due to the fact he missed pre-season & is juist getting use to the new system...etc

What was his excuse for sucking at Roma earlier this season?
IDK...I'd so prefer getting back Toni that Borriello!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu May 10, 2012 7:46 pm

elmystique wrote:keep Borriello? are you guys on weed? that guy will be another Amauri, better staying away than having him on our hands and payroll....

Amauri > Borriello :coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu May 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Borriello - gone. He has played for 9 teams in 11 years, I guess next year he can make it 10.

Matri - scored 21 goals last year in Serie A, so he is a good scorer, he just needs a playmaker behind him to play with. Of course we already own one, his name is Giovinco. Since Conte likes him then we know Gio will return so I would keep Matri as my backup CF.

Quagliarella - he can play multiple positions and score the dramatic goal, and we need him in CL, so I would
keep him for depth purposes. He still hasn't gotten over his injury 100%. Hopefully he gets called to La Nazionale and shows his worth like in 2010 when he scored 3 goals in 25 minutes (2 didn't count). My bet is he will be in top form next year along with Matri.

The problem isn't necessarily our forwards, but our lack of playmaking ability on our team. We have a million wingers but no playmakers other than Pirlo, who is a deep lying playmaker, and Vucinic, who isn't really an attacking midfielder. When you add a player like Giovinco, the characteristic of our team will change greatly. Of course we still need a world class CF, so you add Giovinco plus Cavani and all of a sudden we have a different team. A team that can compete with Bayern, Real and Barca. With Conte leading the charge, I have no doubts we will be successful in CL next year with a couple of players like Giovinco and Cavani added to the squad.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Disagree wholeheartedly.

With a fully fit in form Vucinic and Pirlo as witnessed in the 2nd half of the season(especially Vucinic) we should have been racking up La Liga like scorelines but we didnt as we were so awful in front of goal.

Creativity would inevitably become a problem if these two main players in Vuci and Pirlo dont turn up as witnessed in some games in first half of the season since Pirlo was playing too deep and we simply were piss poor at times in the final third.

I'd agree we need to bolster our creativity department too but we need a clinical 20 goal striker first and foremost imo.I was thinking to myself at times we literally play like Barca but we dont just kill of our chances.we've played by far the most entertaining footy this season in Serie A no doubt.

Actually Gio has been linked to Napoli recently so maybe Marotta might use him as a compensation technique to acquire Cavani..You never know.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next