Sina
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
beatrixasdfghjk.
SamuelJayC
35 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012

Post by djoe26 Sat May 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Podolski & Mertesacker starting for Germany against Switzerland.
Any link to watch that match? anyone?

djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012

Post by Sina Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 pm

missed 1st half whats going on? :vagi: 3-1 down
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Dutch XI vs Bulgaria: Krul; Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Willems; Nd Jong, Van Bommel; Van Persie, Sneijder, Van der Vaart; Huntelaar.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Edit:Better quality
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Round-Up

Denmark 1-3 Brazil

Bendtner played the whole game for Denmark and scored a late consolation. ( http://bit.ly/JCifly )

Poland 1-0 Slovakia

Szczesny played the whole game for Poland and kept a clean sheet.

Switzerland 5-3 Germany

Mertesacker played the whole game for Germany. Podolski played 60 minutes for Germany. Djourou appeared from the bench in the 92nd minute.

Holland 1-2 Bulgaria

Van Persie played the whole game for Holland scoring a fine goal. ( http://bit.ly/KUFs25 )
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat May 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Mertesacker had a pretty poor game earlier. Caught ball watching for Switzerland's second and outjumped for their fourth. Looked off the pace, which is to be expected, really.

Walcott and Chamberlain both came on as subs for England and did okay, given the rather functional way in which we were playing tonight.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat May 26, 2012 10:33 pm

mertesacker is going to ruin us next season, i am 100% confident of this. we need a defender asap to be 3rd choice.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat May 26, 2012 11:25 pm

REWB wrote:mertesacker is going to ruin us next season, i am 100% confident of this. we need a defender asap to be 3rd choice.
LOL, calm down man, first game back and a friendly game. I like Mert he stays back not like our other CB strikers. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat May 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Mertesacker certainly isn't to everyones tastes. He's a contradiction; tall but not good in the air, a defender but isn't particular strong, and is a better tackler/interceptor than he is aerially. He's a weird defender. It's easy to see why people may not rate him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Sun May 27, 2012 12:21 am

merts is an experienced german international...if he doesnt play well for us blame it on the system simple...

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 27, 2012 12:41 am

bloodless wrote:merts is an experienced german international...if he doesnt play well for us blame it on the system simple...

Mert KNOWS WHAT HIS EFFIN JOB IS. And its not to score EFFING GOALS or DRIBBLE IN THE OPPOSITION THIRD.

FFS! I am absolutely SICK AND TIRED of the flak he gets here. If you can't see his contribution, atleast refrain from slagging him after every match.

His contributions are there for everyone to see. The experience and calmness he brought to the backline earlier in the season is why we didn't get humped sideways after that confidence killing 8-2 mauling.

He isn't fast or aerial, but he is the best we have in terms of experience and ability to read a game. I don't see Verm or Kos, despite all their awesomeness, reading the game the way he does. For a third choice, he is much better than what we have had over the years.

I don't see how he gets no time to settle into top level PL football and is expected to be the best defender in the league ffs.

/Rant.

EDIT: Sorry I lost it there. But after a season full of seeing him get blamed for poor performances, when he isn't the only one to be blamed.. The problem is the way we play - so much emphasis on attack that even Verm made silly errors towards end of the season.. Our DM has the most assists this season ffs.. Who is covering back? Shortcomings of a system are reflected upon as individual failings in so many occasions that its not even funny anymore..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun May 27, 2012 1:08 am

He has been out for like 2 months, can't expect him to come back and dominate. Kos and Vermaelen are will be our 1st choice pair next season with Per 3rd and Djourou 4th.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 27, 2012 1:36 am

Sri. Tell it like it is.

Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012 - Page 3 3176931354
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 27, 2012 9:14 am

:facepalm:

Mertesacker will most probably start for the favorites of Euro 2012 Germany, and he's not good enough as a 3rd choice at Arsenal No

He was not even that bad - his teammates let him down, not his fault that Schmelzer can't mark his man and Hummels.... oh dear Hummels is even worse than Vermaelen at being out of position, he's like the whole time in attack.

I mean this is like blaming Koscielny for Thomas "I can't stay in my position" Vermaelen and Kieran "I am the best dribbler and don't care about defending" Gibbs for their mistakes.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun May 27, 2012 12:17 pm

heyyy Urban !what's wrong with u my alb.m8 -how da hell u could say that 4Gibboss-He's better than mertz.miles away lol ...Well sincerely Mertesacker was very poor ystrd but i don't blame him as much (even though he's not that good enought in general) !BUT i'm "surprised neg." about Podoski also (totally out)!hmmm does he knows that he's an ASN player now Shocked

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun May 27, 2012 12:35 pm

we can do better than mertesacker, we will see next season, ill make sure to bookmark this page
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 27, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm actually a fan of Mertesacker, which may come as a surprise. I think he certainly deserves the chance of a second season, which he will get anyway. Has great experience which can be useful throughout a season. Suffered nasty injury in Feb and yesterday's game against Swiss was only his first app since then. Needs time to recover match fitness during Euros. Though, unsure he will start for Germany after yesterday's showing. Maybe expect GER defence of Howedes Hummels Badstuber Lahm? We'll see.

------------------------

Meanwhile, France v Iceland tonight (8pm) in Valenciennes. M'Vila set not to start as Blanc tries midfield of Cabaye-Gourcuff-Nasri according to French media in an attacking experiment.

Koscielny set to start I'm hearing so that's great.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun May 27, 2012 4:53 pm

I absolutely agree with Sri about Mertesacker. For some reason there are particular fans on here who always like to have a scapegoat, but Merts rarely made mistakes, and more than made up for it with his defensive contributions. Most of the games in which our defence was the worst this season were ones when Per wasn't even playing, and our worst runs of form came at times when he wasn't available, so I'm struggling to understand where the evidence is to suggest that his presence will "ruin" us next season, especially given that he will be better adapted to the league. I don't regret us signing Merts one bit; I love the guy.

And it's great that Koscielny is starting tonight. Hopefully the fact that it is an experimental attacking lineup will not result in the Boss looking bad...
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Eman wrote:
And it's great that Koscielny is starting tonight. Hopefully the fact that it is an experimental attacking lineup will not result in the Boss looking bad...

Cabaye is protecting Koscielny i wouldnt worry :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Eman wrote:

Cabaye is protecting Koscielny i wouldnt worry Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012 - Page 3 2859867778

**M'vila

I don't understand how Capoue didn't get a call up when he was superior to M'vila in every way this year according to French pundits and some key stats.

We've had 3 main scapegoats this year. Ramsey, Gervinho and Mertesacker. Watch them light up the EPL next year and shut everyone up. lol, they'll improve. The entire team will improve. All 3 need to adjust, Mertesacker and Gervinho to the EPL and Ramsey to consistent playing time, it is his first full season after all.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 27, 2012 6:31 pm

MJGunner wrote:
We've had 3 main scapegoats this year. Ramsey, Gervinho and Mertesacker. Watch them light up the EPL next year and shut everyone up. lol, they'll improve. The entire team will improve. All 3 need to adjust, Mertesacker and Gervinho to the EPL and Ramsey to consistent playing time, it is his first full season after all.

You forgot Theo. Someone want to pull up his stats for the season?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 27, 2012 6:45 pm

srigooner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:

You forgot Theo. Someone want to pull up his stats for the season?

Didn't mention him because everyone lightened up after 5-2

Theo:

11 Goals (8 in EPL) 13 Assists (11 in EPL)

Bale

12 Goals (9 in EPL) (10 assists in EPL)
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun May 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Arshavin was a scapegoat too for a good while there, and so was Pat Rice. Fans tend to be more fickle when the team is losing though I guess.

And Theo :bow:

Who does everyone think will be Arsenal's standout performer at the Euros btw?
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 27, 2012 7:01 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Eman wrote:

Cabaye is protecting Koscielny i wouldnt worry Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012 - Page 3 2859867778

**M'vila

I meant for this game if Koscielny plays Cabaye is the deepest player in midfield because France are going with Cabaye, Nasri and Gourcuff in midfield lol.

With Menez, Benzema and Ben Arfa in attack, not sure about the defence though.

Mandanda, Debuchy, Rami, Mexes, Evra, Cabaye, Gourcuff, Nasri, Ben Arfa, Benzema,Menez.

Thats the confirmed line up not sure where Koscielny talk came from then....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Eman wrote:Who does everyone think will be Arsenal's standout performer at the Euros btw?
M'Vila.

Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012 - Page 3 Tumblr_lgdevkdZJ41qcxms3
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 27, 2012 7:18 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Eman wrote:

**M'vila

I meant for this game if Koscielny plays Cabaye is the deepest player in midfield because France are going with Cabaye, Nasri and Gourcuff in midfield lol.

With Menez, Benzema and Ben Arfa in attack, not sure about the defence though.

Mandanda, Debuchy, Rami, Mexes, Evra, Cabaye, Gourcuff, Nasri, Ben Arfa, Benzema,Menez.

Thats the confirmed line up not sure where Koscielny talk came from then....

Oh yeah yeah yeah, my bad. I forgot they were trying a more attacking minded approach.

Well, we'll see one Arsenal target (Gourcuff) instead of the other (M'vila).
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next