Potential
dostoevsky
Milan31
Cotes
red&blacklegion
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you still hate Muntari? Empty Do you still hate Muntari?

Post by red&blacklegion Thu May 03, 2012 4:21 am

I know in an ideal Milan he aint a starter,but heck man the guy can be a really good backup player. Id not mind if he stayed with us.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Do you still hate Muntari? Empty Re: Do you still hate Muntari?

Post by Cotes Thu May 03, 2012 4:50 am

yep :coffee:
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu May 03, 2012 5:35 am

Honestly wouldn't mind him as a backup, nothing more. Hate seeing him as a starter though.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 03, 2012 8:49 am

Do I still hate him? No, because he's doing his best to serve Milan and that's all I can ask of anyone and its independent of their quality.

Do I believe he's good enough to serve Milan? No and a few months of decent form will not change my view.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Thu May 03, 2012 8:58 am

Even if Muntari has been playing like Messi for the last few months you wouldn't like him, stop being so judgmental; he is a good person, he might not be quality but he is passionate, which is more than you can ask, this guy has played less than van Bommel, Seedorf and Ambrosini combined and still managed to score in decisive moments to keep us in the race.

Stop hating and start appreciating, if you don't like him, don't think he's good enough that's fine, otherwise shut up and enjoy.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 03, 2012 9:08 am

Stop spouting rubbish, I've given him credit for what he has done already and acknowledged that he's doing his best to serve Milan which I appreciate.

What this thread isn't is cloud nine where we all nostalgically look back at his performances and allow his goals to colour our view of his midfield performance. Has he had a couple of key performances? Absolutely and every single fan on here, whether they like him or not, will gladly thank him again for them.

However saying that if he'd been playing like Messi for the last few months people would still hate him is laughable and irrelevant. He hasn't been a revelation, he's been solid but inconsistent. He's a role player who is doing his job, good on him. I hardly see why this is more complicated than that.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Thu May 03, 2012 10:52 am

The fact is, that everytime I am on the chatbox and Muntari loses the ball, people start to facepalm or discrediting him, I don't see people doing this when Ibrahimovic loses the ball, and also that when he scores, most people just say; meh lucky strike.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 03, 2012 11:03 am

Much that is said in the chatbox is said during the heat of the game to be fair. His goals have been the result of good play mostly, however I personally don't rate midfielders based on their goal return, though it's a great bonus.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu May 03, 2012 11:07 am

Nobody hates him ... but then again nobody want's him in the starting line-up , ant it's not his fault . His goals are very much welcome and the fact that he gives everything on the pitch to be useful . I'd like him as a back-up honestly !
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Potential wrote:The fact is, that everytime I am on the chatbox and Muntari loses the ball, people start to facepalm or discrediting him, I don't see people doing this when Ibrahimovic loses the ball, and also that when he scores, most people just say; meh lucky strike.

Thats because Ibra is by far our best player and can afford to have some bouts of complacency.

Meanwhile, Muntari who literally contributes zero to our general play lets his occasional goals get to his head and wastes several build-up plays and chances with his brainless runs and long range shots. One goal or even 4 does not change the fact that he is a poor player. Good person? Do you know how many disgraceful acts he has committed since coming to Milan?

OT: Do I still hate Muntari? No. But I do want him out without a shadow of a doubt in my mind. He is our worst player along with Bonera.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Thu May 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Potential wrote:The fact is, that everytime I am on the chatbox and Muntari loses the ball, people start to facepalm or discrediting him, I don't see people doing this when Ibrahimovic loses the ball, and also that when he scores, most people just say; meh lucky strike.

Thats because Ibra is by far our best player and can afford to have some bouts of complacency.

Meanwhile, Muntari who literally contributes zero to our general play lets his occasional goals get to his head and wastes several build-up plays and chances with his brainless runs and long range shots. One goal or even 4 does not change the fact that he is a poor player. Good person? Do you know how many disgraceful acts he has committed since coming to Milan?

OT: Do I still hate Muntari? No. But I do want him out without a shadow of a doubt in my mind. He is our worst player along with Bonera.

The fact is that your prejudice blinds your vision, Bonera; who has been fantastic this year; fair to say he and Antonini has been better then Abate yet you'll continue to say Abate is better.

Muntari isn't our best player, he isn't our best but the fact remains; most of the fans won't change their already existing opinion on a player no matter how good he becomes.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 12:30 pm

not long ago the same muntari performance was so horrid in fiorentina loss the goal coming from him wasting the ball, and bologna draw. ok he scored goals for us, and has made contributions but he has put so many risky performances.

besides next year with nocerino and new central midfielder completing new lineup why should muntari even get to complete the midfield lineup, we need more creative people taking over the midfield.

if muntari is kept as backup i would be satisfied but definitely not as starter,

i say it again, not long ago he was one of those who had absolutely horrible performance that just lost us precious points!!!!

i find our management weird that when we have so many defensive midfielders in midfield department and lack of creativity, instead of buying aquilani rights, its likely that they might just buy muntari...

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 03, 2012 1:33 pm

What annoys me the most it's his over confidence in front of goal , as if he is the next Batistuta..

I am gratefull for his goals , but he sucks bollocks technicaly . And i don't want to give special attention to Muntari's goals because , quite simply , it's not his job to score goals :coffee:

His job is to run,run,run , fast and with timing , be creative in our build up play and defend properly when opponents have a good chance to create a chance. Also , i don't see Muntari as a player who can execute possesion football in our midfield , his passing doesn't help create space for teammates or open a door to a surprise attack from the middle. He just passes the ball 2-3 times and goes ahead to score. ugh :facepalm:

The fact that he isn't even in the top 5 midfielders of Serie A , is enough for me. In the worst case scenario , he can be a ready backup for us, against mid-table teams or in cup games. My primary doubt about him it's his technique as a footballer , it doesn't fit the calibre of Milan and he isn't the next Gattuso either.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Thu May 03, 2012 4:20 pm

I grudgingly admit he has done better than I thought he would have, his goals have been valuable so far this season. He still doesn't do anything spectacular. But I wouldn't be surprised if we sign him at season's end. He could maybe be a useful squad player. He has worked better than Mancini did :coffee:
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu May 03, 2012 4:42 pm

the only player i hate is maradona.

i dont hate muntari,but hes not what we need, no surprise we cant pass for shet when we have the likes of him playing in our midfield
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri May 04, 2012 1:32 am

Muntari has served us well, I don't know what he has done to prove he isn't a starter for us in my honest opinion.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri May 04, 2012 1:46 am

Ganso wrote:the only player i hate is maradona.

i dont hate muntari,but hes not what we need, no surprise we cant pass for shet when we have the likes of him playing in our midfield

Thumbs up

OT, I have never hated Muntari. Neither did I ever consider him Milan material.

Nothing whatsoever has changed.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by feho29 Mon May 07, 2012 2:27 pm

when your rivals replace muntari with poli and guarin and they give him to us because they have better players then yes i hate muntari and all Milan's management
feho29
feho29
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 07, 2012 2:38 pm

feho29 wrote:when your rivals replace muntari with poli and guarin and they give him to us because they have better players then yes i hate muntari and all Milan's management

i loled Laughing

so honest , kudos..! Let's see what happens in the summer , perhaps Muntari is leaving like he came , fast and unexpected. In any case ,Muntari came as an emergency , not to carry the team on his back.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:44 am

Is it just me or has Muntari been one of our better players this season?

I'm not saying he's a great player, but he has definitely improved. Yes, there aren't many fit players to pick from at the moment, but just thinking back to the days when the likes of Flamini, Nocerino and Ambrosini were better than him, Muntari has really lifted his game.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:19 pm

He's been good, he does what he can do best. But i'm getting tired with midfields that only involve physicality and industry. I really wanna see DePoLivo at some point this season, i think they may hold some nice creativity and technicality
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Muntari has been doing well so far , alright. Again he scores some goals here and there , but you have to analyse deeper than that imo. Muntari is a midfielder who lacks in technique and vision under tight areas on the pitch , something that happens quite a lot when you are playing for a club like Milan. Has no special traits either , except luck in front of goal Laughing..I will talk about the last games , but from last season as well.

The things he's trying to do are best left for others , more capable players . He's taken some responsibilities lately , since Montolivo got himself injured and he has two goals to show . A few goals here and there are always welcome with pleasure , but if you stand back a bit and look at the wider picture , you will surely realise that he actually hinders the players who could have a better success rate at the things he's been trying to do. Although in his defence , when De Jong is playing , he has to play in front of him and thus has to do more up front . But you can't just stop at his goals , the dude is a thorn in the asshole when we move up front. I don't even know how many lost chances and attacks have never existed even , for Muntari to compensate with a few goals.

But his goals do not disprove that he sucks with the ball. How many times have you seen Muntari losing the ball when on 1-2 with a teammate? How many times have you seen him trying long shots , i mean from serious distance thus ditching the whole attack? How many times have you seen him losing the ball under pressure , especialy near the area?

To be fair to him , nobody is perfect anyway , so let's remove a 50% of that portion. What's left? What's left is his over confidence in front of goal and the downgrade of our build up play . He's a pure defensive midfielder who's also able to play as box to box , yet not for a club like Milan. Seedorf could play box to box either when he had to. Doesn't mean that player has to be a scrub , but with Muntari and what his role is in the formation , we have a player who can shoot , press and retain the ball . That's it. No vision , no intelligent choices like Montolivo , not delicate 1-2 under pressure , no creativity what so ever. His part in the build up is a few passes and then up front to play striker. This is so frustrating sometimes and goals like Torino and Celtic can't compensate for that , actually. I understand how i may sound at the moment , like bitching because of his goals Laughing, but seriously , we can do so much better Laughing..Injuries aside this is , i am glad Muntari managed to score these 2 goals .

His goals were and continue to be important and when a player has a relationship with goals , you don't just drop him , especialy when we are facing so many injuries. Yet , despite the credit he deserves , he's not the type of midfielder that raises our game , not where he's been playing at least. His place is where De Jong is playing and until Poli earns his place next Montolivo and De Jong , Muntari will be playing a lot.

I am happy that he scores , even like that Laughing, but our build up play is suffering because of him , actually. He's a player who can win fights and retain the ball often , can execute pressing for much of the game , which is great and he seems to have the lucky charm in front of goal.

But overlooking all the flaws in his game is beyond me . I've get used to him a long time since the thread opened , yet his character annoys me when i think of stuff he has done since he joined Milan. I am not against him and i don't hate him whatsoever , yet Poli has to be trusted . He can do what Muntari does in front of goal , 10x times better. We will still need Muntari though . We can't lose those lucky goals out of nowhere Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Hate is too strong a word....I hate players like Cassano(scum) but not Muntari because he is playing beyond what I thought he was capable of.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:47 am

Yeah, I agree with you Dante, but what I am talking about is Muntari as a depth player. As a fill in, amidst all the injuries, he's performing reasonably well at the moment.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:05 am

only because of his goals that he is stealing limelight. i consider goal to be important, but i always get feeling that muntari is playing for his own personal glory. he always blast ball away most of the time.
if not for goal, this guy would be one of the worst player on the pitch.

another boateng... just a showoff.

i will give credit where its due because we are having emergency but even if we don't, allegri prefers him in first team which sucks so bad. poli deserves it more than him

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next