Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays?

+10
Senor Penguin
Potential
la bestia negra
Fenris
Blue Barrett
Bellabong
Neutral
OLpower
Die Borussen
The John Carter of Mars
14 posters

Go down

Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays? Empty Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays?

Post by The John Carter of Mars Tue May 01, 2012 4:27 pm

most of the time, my Lord, blessed be His name, answers my prayers. I can't watch a football game before praying because I know if I don't pray, God, may not bless me and my team with victory and joy.

I know a lot of my other friends who also pray to God before games. It's a great feeling.

I don't think my team Chelsea would have gone so far in the Champions League, if I hadn't prayed before each game we played. God is great, and may he bless us all Chelsea fans with our first Champions League title.

Do you pray to God before football matches of your team? (if you are a believer)

The John Carter of Mars
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays? Empty Re: Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays?

Post by Die Borussen Tue May 01, 2012 4:30 pm

i dont believe in god so no

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays? Empty Re: Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays?

Post by OLpower Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 pm

I don't think that God will make you win a football game.

Pray God for being able to perform at your best, not for asking him to grant you the victory, that's silly to me.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Tue May 01, 2012 4:35 pm

yes i do. ive been a proud leeds united fan for 10 years now. i make sure to pray before all their games. but these last few years have been dark times for leeds. why?? guess god aint real.

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The John Carter of Mars Tue May 01, 2012 4:44 pm

maybe it's not God, may be your are not believing enough?

if you start believing in Lord the mercyful, the Leeds United will come back to Premier League and top of the football world soon enough.

If you believe it can be done. God is that great.

The John Carter of Mars
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue May 01, 2012 4:47 pm

REALLY?!

I CAN'T ESCAPE THE COMPLETELY POINTLESS ATHEISM VS RELIGION DEBATE ON FOOTBALL FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!!?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The John Carter of Mars Tue May 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Football and Religion can coexists...

just take a look at this pic;

Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays? Kaka-i-belong-to-jesus1

The John Carter of Mars
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 01, 2012 4:51 pm

LOL God is on EVERYBODY's side.

So what happens if someone on the opposing team is also praying to God?

Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays? Smoking-022
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue May 01, 2012 4:52 pm

The John Carter of Mars wrote:Football and Religion can coexists...

just take a look at this pic;

Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays? Kaka-i-belong-to-jesus1

he is wrong, he belongs to huntsman

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Tue May 01, 2012 4:53 pm

The John Carter of Mars wrote:most of the time, my Lord, blessed be His name, answers my prayers. I can't watch a football game before praying because I know if I don't pray, God, may not bless me and my team with victory and joy.

I know a lot of my other friends who also pray to God before games. It's a great feeling.

I don't think my team Chelsea would have gone so far in the Champions League, if I hadn't prayed before each game we played. God is great, and may he bless us all Chelsea fans with our first Champions League title.

Do you pray to God before football matches of your team? (if you are a believer)

God, if he does exist, has far better things to do than scrutinize on football related prayers and answer them.

As Cruyff said, if God were to listen to football prayers, every match in La Liga would be a draw, seeing as how 22 players would make a cross sign on their chests before playing.
Fenris
Fenris
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Tue May 01, 2012 4:56 pm

the only thing religion is good for in football is it keeps some players disciplined. i used to lol at kaka but i guess his beliefs kept his head straight to be able to reach the highest level. maybe it could work for balotelli.

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Tue May 01, 2012 4:57 pm

you should have seen me when bayern played madrid :S
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Tue May 01, 2012 5:00 pm

I don't want to offend anyone, but anyone who have seen the evidence and still believes in God is an idiot, otherwise you're an ignorant (it's no crime being ignorant).
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue May 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Absolutely. I always ask God to help Madrid instead of abolishing poverty in Africa. That's just the kind of cloth I'm made of.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue May 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Nope, I'm an Atheist...

p.s. OP is not a Chelsea fan.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue May 01, 2012 5:26 pm

well shit, i don't pray and my team sucks, anyone know any good football-related prayers so i can get started?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by The John Carter of Mars Tue May 01, 2012 5:34 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Nope, I'm an Atheist...

how would you know I am not a Chelsea fan? have I told you I am a fan of another club beside Chelsea?

(some of us been Chelsea fans way before Roman, unlike other ''fans'') Smile

The John Carter of Mars
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue May 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Chris·tian·i·ty noun
\ˌkris-chē-ˈa-nə-tē, ˌkrish-, -ˈcha-nə-, ˌkris-tē-ˈa-\

1. The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood as well as telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was coninced by a talking snake to from a magical tree.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue May 01, 2012 6:00 pm

The John Carter of Mars wrote:

how would you know I am not a Chelsea fan? have I told you I am a fan of another club beside Chelsea?

bit*h please, i don't need u telling me sh*t about u not being a Chelsea fan. You take me for a dumb fool? Get ur sh*t straight before u start posting like a mad man. Who created the threads below? ur mom?

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t20321-the-final-that-should-ve-beenbarcelona-vs-bayern

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t20322-who-said-madrid-is-2nd-best-team-in-the-world

and i dont give a rats a$$ about the fact that u know Roman. I was a Chelsea fan even before u knew about Chelsea. if you have no other thing to do just go sleep without being an idiot. This world could deal with one less idiot.. go get a life!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue May 01, 2012 6:25 pm

I prayy to Gods. To the holy trinity of Podolski, Abate and Goetze
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 01, 2012 6:34 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:

bit*h please, i don't need u telling me sh*t about u not being a Chelsea fan. You take me for a dumb fool? Get ur sh*t straight before u start posting like a mad man. Who created the threads below? ur mom?

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t20321-the-final-that-should-ve-beenbarcelona-vs-bayern

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t20322-who-said-madrid-is-2nd-best-team-in-the-world

and i dont give a rats a$$ about the fact that u know Roman. I was a Chelsea fan even before u knew about Chelsea. if you have no other thing to do just go sleep without being an idiot. This world could deal with one less idiot.. go get a life!
Shocked

Do you pray to God before an important game your team plays? 35demn
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue May 01, 2012 6:49 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:

Maybe he can pray this post away. :vagi:

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 01, 2012 6:54 pm

No I don't, but I will pray for you and your mental health every single night - in fact I'll pray now for you.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum