Lord Hades
juve_gigi
Juventude
Cotes
TPSPriceless
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Juventus are Leandro Damiao's first choice ahead of Real Madrid - Agent Empty Juventus are Leandro Damiao's first choice ahead of Real Madrid - Agent

Post by TPSPriceless Tue May 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Juventus will be Leandro Damiao's first choice destination should he leave Internacional in the summer transfer window, according to the player's agent Vinicius Prates.

The Brazilian striker has been the subject of much transfer speculation with Tottenham Hotspur and Real Madrid among others reportedly interested in his services, but his representative believes that the Bianconeri would be his client's preferred choice.

"Leandro really likes Juventus, he wants to play for them because they are one of the best teams in the world. Juventus are our first choice," Prates stated to TuttoMercatoWeb.

"Leandro is a valuable player, he has a lot of eyes on him, from all over Europe.

"I had contact with [Fabio] Paratici and [Giuseppe] Marotta last year. I know that compared to the directors of Real [Madrid], Paratici and Marotta are better, so I would say that Leandro prefers Juventus to Real Madrid."

Damiao has been capped by his country five times and is largely expected to lead the line for Brazil at the World Cup in 2014.
Juventus are Leandro Damiao's first choice ahead of Real Madrid - Agent 173144hp2

Source: Goal.com

Now this is some interesting news.

Edit: Despite his size he has a lot of Samba in him.

TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus are Leandro Damiao's first choice ahead of Real Madrid - Agent Empty Re: Juventus are Leandro Damiao's first choice ahead of Real Madrid - Agent

Post by Cotes Tue May 01, 2012 4:23 pm

hell no!
I don't want this dude come to Juve
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Juventus are Leandro Damiao's first choice ahead of Real Madrid - Agent Empty Re: Juventus are Leandro Damiao's first choice ahead of Real Madrid - Agent

Post by Juventude Tue May 01, 2012 5:00 pm

If he was a very young Brazilian, like 17 to 19, I would say that Juve should take a chance on him. However, at 22 years old, I would rather sign a more proven player at the club level. If Juve signs a CF, he better be able to start over any of our current CFs and it's not clear that Damiao is that much better than Matri or Quags at this point.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TPSPriceless Tue May 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Well one thing we have lacked is a guy who can finish all the chances he is served and with a goal-scoring ratio of a bit over 0.6 goal per game I'd say we need to consider him.

As I mentioned earlier he he is really tall ( around 190 cm) and is good in the air while also pretty decent with his feet. Brazilians usually peak in their mid 20's so I'm not totally convinced with the 22 years old argument, bro.

I read that he is a slow starter though so it may take him some time to start scoring for us if we get him.
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue May 01, 2012 5:36 pm

With the 22 years argument, I was trying to state that most of the Brazilian phenoms are in Europe at a younger age. And I don't believe that his scoring rate numbers at Internacional directly translate over to European league level of play.

I just believe that whoever we sign at CF must be better than our current options and I'm not convinced that Damiao is that much better at this point in his career than Matri and Quags.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue May 01, 2012 6:19 pm

The NEW Juve would never go into next year with an unproven striker as their main weapon. Damiao may turn out to be a good one, but he cannot be our main striker. We need a Cavani/Higuain/Falcao/Van Persie or even Balotelli as our main guy, then a complimentary guy like a Damiao or Matri. Quags can play multiple positions so he has a place on the team. If we were to pursue Damiao then Matri would have to go and I'm not convinced Damiao is an upgrade over Matri at this point. He could be in the future, but not right now. If we were to take that risk and bring Damiao in to replace Matri, then we would certianly need a world class striker to come in as our first option.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 pm

juve_gigi wrote:The NEW Juve would never go into next year with an unproven striker as their main weapon. Damiao may turn out to be a good one, but he cannot be our main striker. We need a Cavani/Higuain/Falcao/Van Persie or even Balotelli as our main guy, then a complimentary guy like a Damiao or Matri. Quags can play multiple positions so he has a place on the team. If we were to pursue Damiao then Matri would have to go and I'm not convinced Damiao is an upgrade over Matri at this point. He could be in the future, but not right now. If we were to take that risk and bring Damiao in to replace Matri, then we would certianly need a world class striker to come in as our first option.

I agree. I think that the only forward position where we can buy a prospect like Damaio for next season would be at the SS position. That purchase would make sense. Adding another good CF to our group of good CFs is not going to help the team that much. We already have pretty good depth at CF.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue May 01, 2012 7:20 pm

when was he madrid's choice anyway lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue May 01, 2012 7:30 pm

I don't think that he's been Juve or RM's choice at this point. Apparently, he thinks that he is so good that he is in a position to just declare his top choices.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TPSPriceless Tue May 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Juventude wrote:With the 22 years argument, I was trying to state that most of the Brazilian phenoms are in Europe at a younger age. And I don't believe that his scoring rate numbers at Internacional directly translate over to European league level of play.

I just believe that whoever we sign at CF must be better than our current options and I'm not convinced that Damiao is that much better at this point in his career than Matri and Quags.

Ah, all right bro. I agree that he probably isn't an improvement of Matri and that we should aim for a WC player in the caliber of the ones mentioned in the other posts.

I was thinking more of Damiao as a currently good striker with potential to become WC with us, one for the future. I totally forgot we had Immobile who scored 25 goals for Pescara in the Serie B this season (in comparison to Del Piero's 21 with Juve for example)
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed May 02, 2012 10:51 am

All of his goals in 2011 right there. As you can see he is a upgrade to anything we currently have up front BUT is he a big enough upgrade? I would rather welcome Cavani, Suarez, Balotelli, Higuain or Dzeko as i just don't have the faith in this guy either.. He is.. Brazilian.. It's so different to make it through over there..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 am

what are you guys smoking?
Damiao only as good as Matri???

Thats just crazy talk.

Damiao SHITS all over Matri. Damiao is easily going to walk into our starting lineup if he comes. Hed be AWESOME and would be MORE than welcome by me.

Id prefer Cavani... but I would gladly settle for Damiao.

And the Brazilian and 19 years of age argument - is also crazy talk.

Damiao will lead the forward line with Neymar for Brazil and will be an awesome job. And then, people will jump on the Damiao bandwagon...
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Wed May 02, 2012 12:08 pm

DAMIAO is a great option but why not to add a player who can raise hopes to win Champions League next season?

someone like FALCAO or CAVANI

and I also consider that ELIAH will take the #7 role and become our C RONALDO

ELIAH --------- FALCAO -------- VUCINIC
------ MARCHISIO -- VIDAL -------------
----------------- PIRLO -------------------
CHIELLINI ------------------- LINSHTAINER
-------- BARZAGLI -- BONNUCI ----------
---------------- BUFFON -----------------

I consider this a great starting XI if only ELIAH mange to become a great player and if not we can substitute him with PEPE or GIACHERINI

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nobionye Wed May 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Lynx100 wrote:what are you guys smoking?
Damiao only as good as Matri???

Thats just crazy talk.

Damiao SHITS all over Matri. Damiao is easily going to walk into our starting lineup if he comes. Hed be AWESOME and would be MORE than welcome by me.

Id prefer Cavani... but I would gladly settle for Damiao.

And the Brazilian and 19 years of age argument - is also crazy talk.

Damiao will lead the forward line with Neymar for Brazil and will be an awesome job. And then, people will jump on the Damiao bandwagon...

true, totally true. since when did age become an issue in judging a good player??.
Matri and quags are depth material...at best.
it will be stupid of juve to wait until he is waaaaayy more 'accomplished '. Remeber cavani and falcao started from somewhere.
higuain, cavani, falcao may be difficult to woo (as they may well be eyeing the premier league moneybags).
damiao sounds like a good buy and may prove to be a bargain like ManU's hernandez. its all a calculated risk that managers have to take.
bseides, tottenham and PSG cant be blind to have made bids in January for him.
we also need a good supporting striker to backup, vucinic is inconsistent and just might have one of those days when you wonder why he ever bothered playing football as a career.
nobionye
nobionye
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 02, 2012 2:05 pm

LWL91 wrote:

All of his goals in 2011 right there. As you can see he is a upgrade to anything we currently have up front BUT is he a big enough upgrade? I would rather welcome Cavani, Suarez, Balotelli, Higuain or Dzeko as i just don't have the faith in this guy either.. He is.. Brazilian.. It's so different to make it through over there..

There's a difference between scoring goals in the Brazilian league and scoring goals in Serie A. I would have to see him against major competition to say he is better than either Matri or Quags. I'm just not buying it right now.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Ha, you guys are hailing Damiao like he's the second coming of Kaka. Give me a break.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 pm

He is unproven in EU against strong defenders. The same as Pele thats why I never rated pele above Maradona
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed May 02, 2012 4:41 pm

LWL91 wrote:

Although it's difficult to conclude anything from a video, Damiao does seem to be much better than Matri and Quagliarella. He has a great positioning sense as well to get into all of those scoring chances. Then again, it's the Brasilerao, so who knows how well he'll perform if he comes to Italy.

That being said, I still think we need a proven, world-class striker. Somebody like Cavani/RvP.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sun May 06, 2012 2:25 am

DeviAngel wrote:He is unproven in EU against strong defenders. The same as Pele thats why I never rated pele above Maradona

Unproven in EU?

So was Gabriel Batistuta in 2000 (aged 22)
So was Romario (aged 22)
So was Rivaldo (aged 24)
So was Ronaldinho (aged 21)
So was Kaka (aged 21)
So was Trezeguet (aged 22)
So was Tevez (aged 22)
So was Falcao (aged 23)

And I can go on and on...

The "unproven in EU" argument is absolute nonsense.

Although its very true success in one league doesnt necessarily transmit to success in another league, Class players will succeed regardless of where they play.

Age, nor lack or experience in EU, should hold anyone back from signing a talented south american player. (take your favourite player Falcao as a perfect example)

And the "most brazilian phenomas are in Europe at 18-19y.o" theory is also clearly untrue if you look at the list.

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun May 06, 2012 2:27 am

Lynx100 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:He is unproven in EU against strong defenders. The same as Pele thats why I never rated pele above Maradona

Unproven in EU?

So was Romario (aged 22)
So was Rivaldo (aged 24)
So was Kaka (aged 21)
So was Tevez (aged 22)
So was Falcao (aged 23)

Although its very true success in one league doesnt necessarily transmit to success in another league, Class players will succeed regardless of where they play.

Age, nor lack or experience in EU, should hold anyone back from signing a talented south american player. (take your favourite player Falcao as a perfect example)

And the "most brazilian phenomas are in Europe at 18-19y.o" theory is also clearly untrue if you look at the list.

wait , wait wait I love to have him here u missed my other comments Smile) I was just making the stats what he only lacks but I agree with you lol
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sun May 06, 2012 2:36 am

ah i see.

I missed that obviously
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sun May 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Lynx100 wrote:

Unproven in EU?

So was Romario (aged 22)
So was Rivaldo (aged 24)
So was Kaka (aged 21)
So was Tevez (aged 22)
So was Falcao (aged 23)

Batistuta is argentinian.
Do you think Diego Forlan succeeded in Italy after dominating in Spain? Do you think Kaka succeeded in Spain after dominating in Italy?

Im just teasing you bro.. But yeah.. I think Damiao is a good player and the fact that he is only 22 makes me say cheers
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 pm

theyre all south american that werent proven in EU before they came - thats the point
Forlan is at the end of his career and was never truly on the same level as those mentioned
Suarez is another example
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sun May 06, 2012 7:51 pm

There are also a number of South Americans that never broke through after coming to Europe. So, the argument can go both ways. My point is that Juve needs to sign a striker that can be guaranteed to take over the number one CF spot.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sun May 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Really?
What promising/quality south american players failed in Europe?

I cant even think of 3
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next