Do we need a new Forward for Next season?

+21
Pedram
alexjanosik
Le Samourai
matpol
isignedupjusttoseesigs
The Sanchez
Zealous
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lord Hades
Albiceleste
Ganso
danyjr
Hamdyman
The Franchise
BarcaKizz
eelir
Cotes
FennecFox7
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Do we need a new Forward for nest seaosn (2012/13)

Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap33%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 24

Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we need a new Forward for Next season?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 02, 2012 6:39 pm

In my opinion Villa and Pedro deserve a chance to prove themselves throughout the season, and if by winter it's clear that they're not good enough, then buy Nerman then.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do we need a new Forward for Next season? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we need a new Forward for Next season?

Post by danyjr Wed May 02, 2012 11:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:In my opinion Villa and Pedro deserve a chance to prove themselves throughout the season, and if by winter it's clear that they're not good enough, then buy Nerman then.

You shouldn't leave things until it is too late and sign out of desperation rather than choice. It will take time for Neymar to gel with the rest of the team any way. That's why I think all major signings should be done in the summer, unless the market offers a bargain (e.g. Afellay) That said I don't think Neymar will leave Brazil this summer.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 02, 2012 11:16 pm

he already said 100 times that hes only leaving after the WC
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu May 03, 2012 1:16 pm

isignedupjusttoseesigs wrote:personally, i dont think barca need to sign a new forward, (you can completely disregard this if it sounds stupid cause i dont watch barca.). i mean, you mention last season that you had two other players (villa and pedro) who both scored 20+ goals last season and you want another player similar due to villas injury and how he recovers and pedros form (going off what i've read btw, again disregard if sound dumb), but look at this seasons stats, you might have had more players but they've scored atleast roughly the same amount of goals between them. look at say pedro who has 11 goals and villa who has 9, thats only 20 right, but xavi and fabregas combined have 29 goals, then you have cuenca and tello who you can rotate more next season combining for 11, and iniesta staying roughly the same as last season (according to wiki, 9 last season, 8 this one), and then you add in alexis, who has 15 by himself.

Sure enough i dont know barcas last season squad and if they let people go over the summer, but if they keep this squad for next season (as if you won't) then i dont think buying a new forward is necessary, just further rotating and keeping tello and cuenca in the first team squad, and it wont do any harm to you guys if messi bangs out another 60+ goal season.

just my thoughts and like i said, i dont know much about last season and i dont exactly watch barca, but i just think buying a new forward isn't necessary. and another thought i had just then, you really just have to sit tight with this squad, possibly lose villa and just replace him with tello/cuenca and then you can grab nerman in 2014 and you're all set to continue being #1.

First, capitalise... makes you easier to read.

Nice first post here though, welcome.

We've answered these thoughts before though. The thing is, on the face of it, we scored loads of goals, similar number to last season just as a guess rather than looking up stats. The difference was we managed to absolutely flog more teams, and struggled to score against other teams a lot more often than last season. After you hit 3-0, the rest of the goals mean virtually nothing, and we passed that mark many a time this season. The problem was that in plenty of games it was clear we lacked goalscorers up front, and this cost us titles in the end.

Messi: Brilliant and reliable, but it is stupid to expect him to score another +60 goals. Of course he can do it, but we don't want to depend on it.

Villa: I believe he can come back and get his goalscoring back, but we can't depend on that either. He's been out for a long time.

Pedro: He will stay and probably will find his form, but for me Pedro is a player that has to be used correctly. His success will depend a lot on Vilanova.

Fabregas: Scored all his goals early in the season used as a free-attacking mid. He's now being disciplined and is scoring far less. I don't want him going back to that free-role either. Its a tactical variation we can use, but we play better without it.

Xavi & Iniesta: Maybe Xavi scored a few this year, but we can't rely on these two for goals. Its not their job.

Cuenca & Tello: Young, and we can't 'depend' on them if we want to take back the league. They aren't going to make the special difference.

Afellay: Doesn't score loads.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat May 05, 2012 1:15 am

Tbh, its not a top transfer that we need. The defence is the key issue, spend the money in that area, fix up the patches and then we can focus on the attacking area.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Fri May 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Ocampos
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Lol no thanks. He's not even starting for River anymore. I think he's very talented but will never quite reach Barca level. Besides, he's 17, he would have to wait 2-3 years before playing for the first team. I doubt he would want to become a Barca B player. It would be better for him to stay at River and develop, and better for Barca not to take on such a risk.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Fri May 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Really, he's been failing to impress then?...Shame, he looked good the few times I saw him
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri May 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Alex what qualities exactly do you like about Di Maria.

In your system , what I can see him doing is getting the ball on the wing beating his man and freestyling from there, he's very good at that.

But there are some serious flaws that specifically make him a bit unsuitable. He'll dribble into traffic and lose the ball a vouple times a game and he'll attempt a killer through ball basically everytime he sees someone make a run.

Now that could be a desirable quality but it will result in losing posession more often than not.

Regardless.....we won't sell him , at least not to Barca.

Well he is a game changer and we need another player in our team who can make the difference in the final third besides Messi.
Also I dont agree that he is unsuitable.I think he would fit us like a glove.He is a terrific dribbler,creative,works his socks off and has a terrific final pass(though a bit erratic).His decision making as you mentioned is not the best but I am confident that can be improved.
Playing with the likes of Messi,Xavi,Iniesta,Busquets,Alves etc I am sure his decision making will improve manifold and he will become an all round better player.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 pm

FCBarça wrote:Really, he's been failing to impress then?...Shame, he looked good the few times I saw him
Yeah, after a very promising start he has not been a prominent. A few glances of class here and there, but perhaps the pressure of having to ascend is getting to him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri May 11, 2012 8:20 pm

So this new talk about barcelona signing a new forward which I approve, is he meant to replace Villa or play alongside him? I dont about you guys but Villa has grown unreliable for me.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat May 12, 2012 12:13 am

I don't think Villa will sit on the bench.

Which is bad because Pedro won't either.

Both want to go to the 2014 World Cup and I want them there.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Sat May 12, 2012 10:39 am

Mara-Villa will be back...But another striker/goalscorer is definitely needed as we saw with the amount of pressure on Leo to score in tight matches
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat May 12, 2012 11:04 am

Apparently we have 100m to spend with Tito. LB, CB and ST. Falcao wants to be in Champions League then bring him in... otherwise focus on the defence transfers and leave the rest to rot away...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat May 12, 2012 2:54 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Madrid fans hyping Nerman when he was linked with Madrid, now call him crap. :bow:

Different Madrid "fans" do different things.

Response to zeal, it is what it is.

Just saw this lol

Just embrace the hypocrisy, I have and the world is so much more fun now :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun May 13, 2012 9:13 pm

If we can't sign a young megacrack (Aguero, Neymar, Di Maria, Higuain or similar) we shouldn't sign anyway.

Deulofeu is more than ready to take his spot.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon May 14, 2012 9:47 am

Villareal are relegated... Nilmar and Rossi? We were interested in Rossi last season maybe this season? What do you think? They should be cheap and well they would efiantely want to play decent football. Rossi has express his interest in Barca again so maybe we can get him...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon May 14, 2012 10:23 am

I wrote that in the other thread on Nilmar. Rossi is in the middle of another 6 month injury and hasn't played football consistently for a season. Nilmar, however, I'd be interested in and we could maybe get him for as cheap as 14m. This interests me a lot...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 14, 2012 10:30 am

Rossi is broken...we going to have Villa and Rossi on the books, both broken? No thanks.

I rate Nilmar, but he is injury prone and I have not really watched him consistently since he was in the Brazil squad so I cant say I am up to date with his game most recently.

I am starting to fall in line with Free's thinking though, if we arent signing a super player then we may aswell sign noone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon May 14, 2012 10:54 am

Nilmar was as good as ever last season. This season he was injured a lot and never had an impact, but nobody was very good at Villareal.

I think our medical staff is very good and his previous 2 seasons he played plenty. I like him and think he would be very useful. We've also scouted him before and for good reason. A bit taller (which is nice), but still very fast, technical and a good shot.

I agree with the idea that theres no point spending big unless we are getting quality. This is a signing that would be pretty cheap though and he should fit nicely. I'd like a top player, or a player like Nilmar (he won't block Deulofeu for example). If he's cheap, we should jump to it.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 14, 2012 11:24 am

I'd rather get Chori Castro for free than Nilmar paying to be honest.
Nilmar is more of a forward, but his finishing is that of a toy air rifle from the carnival, plus he is a considerable ball hogger.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed May 16, 2012 8:41 am

So is Messi... Anyway Nilmar would be good and cheap! His finishing is a worry though but I guess he can always improve...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 16, 2012 10:09 am

paxtonpale wrote:So is Messi... [a ball hogger]

Messi is Messi. The best dribler and best player in the world. He has licence to be a ball hogger.

Nilmar on the other hand...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu May 17, 2012 11:39 pm

It doesn't matter anyway. Sanchez was a ball hogger but now he doesn't hog it anymore. If Nilmar was to come then well Im sure he won't be hogging the ball for too much longer. Anyway remember Villareal were struggling this season and well no one really stepped up as well as their best player being injuried fr most of the season. Ball hogging is commonly seen in teams who can't find success
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3