Do we need a new Forward for Next season?

+21
Pedram
alexjanosik
Le Samourai
matpol
isignedupjusttoseesigs
The Sanchez
Zealous
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lord Hades
Albiceleste
Ganso
danyjr
Hamdyman
The Franchise
BarcaKizz
eelir
Cotes
FennecFox7
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do we need a new Forward for nest seaosn (2012/13)

Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_lcap13%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_lcap8%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_lcap13%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_lcap33%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_lcap0%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_lcap4%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_lcap8%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_lcap21%Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 24

Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Empty Do we need a new Forward for Next season?

Post by Khaled Tue 1 May 2012 - 2:29

I'm against buying new Forward for next season, but if Robben was available for 20M (for example) would u buy him? What about Neymar, Falcao, Llorente, Cavani, RVP? Who do u prefer?

-Note: IMO, we just need Villa and Pedro back and fit.
Targets should be; LB, CB with Montoya, Tello, Muniesa and Oier promoted from Barca B.

I'm asking this question, because i think Rosell will try to make a big signing in the Summer, maybe Neymar.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Empty Re: Do we need a new Forward for Next season?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 1 May 2012 - 3:09

I don't think we need any, but if we went for any it should be Llorente.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do we need a new Forward for Next season? Empty Re: Do we need a new Forward for Next season?

Post by FennecFox7 Tue 1 May 2012 - 3:22

Llorente for a plan B.. but that's just my opinion.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue 1 May 2012 - 5:01

Buy Matri Very Happy
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue 1 May 2012 - 10:31

I voted Lorente just becuase i like him, and could be a nice sub in case teams defend well and our strikers fail to score. In that way crosses from wings would make sense. But in reality i think he is too good to stay a sub all the time, so he would not come to Barca.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue 1 May 2012 - 12:20

Neymar... I think he's a gamble worth-taking. Plus, I'd like to see the Brazilian flair come back to the Camp Nou... I've never found Alves that 'elegant' for example.

I think there would be a possibility that we could make Cavani into a Villa like player...but probably a small one and there would be better options.

The other player I'd seriously consider is Hulk, but Barca seem set on Neymar.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 1 May 2012 - 14:14

Robben? Why? He doesnt fit at all.

Anyway, yes, I really believe we do. I dont believe in just hoping Villa comes back to his old level of a full season ago now.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Tue 1 May 2012 - 16:32

I think Llorente is exactly the spice were missing up front, Tall, Strong. The guy has great movement and headers, unselfish passing in the right moments, knows La Liga defenses and keepers well obviously.

But still voted Neymar... Laughing he is simply a beast and playing under our midfield next to Messi Villa would be a monstrous image which is what all cules want to see next season... the awaking of the hibernating monster... Away matches BIG scoring shows that result from HUNGRY players... Neymar wants to prove himself on the bigger stage, if he can manage to follow Barca's system.....shabang !

The only player i would rather up front as much as Neymar is Aguero but its unrealistic sadly...
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue 1 May 2012 - 16:39

Personally I think Llorente would be a good addition to Barcelona but his addition might mean an overhaul in the tactics and formation Barcelona have grown with. I prefer if Athletic Bilbao keep their team for another season. I'm not sure how they'll cope if the likes of Javi Martínez, Llorente and Muniain leave by summer. Also one problem I have with Llorente, his (less preferred) left foot is quite crap for a striker.

Cotes wrote:Buy Matri Very Happy
Il sostituto incredibile Laughing I think he will leave Juve this summer, but not to Barcelona. He needs to get some playing time.

BarcaKizz wrote:Neymar... I think he's a gamble worth-taking. Plus, I'd like to see the Brazilian flair come back to the Camp Nou... I've never found Alves that 'elegant' for example.

I don't think he will leave Brazil this summer. He is going to have a high price-tag and even if he joins Barcelona, he will probably have to play on the wing. Do Barcelona need another winger?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 1 May 2012 - 16:48

Neymar is a forward, we need a forward...why does winger come into it?

He isnt a winger, nor do we require one.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue 1 May 2012 - 16:53

Where are you going to play him in a 4-3-3?

He can play on the wing as well as forward as he played for Santos last season and start of this season (4-3-3) with Borges playing as the central striker.

Last edited by danyjr on Tue 1 May 2012 - 16:56; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue 1 May 2012 - 16:54

I think he means another inside-forward... the players that play to the side of Messi. To answer that question. Yes... thats what this thread is about...

Neymar a winger lol.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue 1 May 2012 - 16:56

danyjr wrote:Where are you going to play him in a 4-3-3?

Left forward predominantly, though he can clearly play across all positions.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue 1 May 2012 - 17:16

neymar is going to the Nou in 2014,you guys will have to wait a bit more and stick with sanchez and villa till then

and neymar is a winger as much as cr
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue 1 May 2012 - 17:19

BarcaKizz wrote:Left forward predominantly, though he can clearly play across all positions.

BarcaKizz wrote:Neymar a winger lol.

GG
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue 1 May 2012 - 19:14

The Franchise wrote:Robben? Why? He doesnt fit at all.

Anyway, yes, I really believe we do. I dont believe in just hoping Villa comes back to his old level of a full season ago now.

I think we should wait until the Euro, to see if Villa can play and judge his performance...

The problem is that we already have Messi, Pedro, Alexis, Tello, Cuenca, Villa and Afellay.
If we want to buy a new Forward (i also prefer Neymar), we have to sell 2 players...

Who do u think should/could leave the club, if we buy Neymar this summer?
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue 1 May 2012 - 20:09

Nerman, asap.

I just really hope he stops the diving/playacting by the time he gets here.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue 1 May 2012 - 20:17

llorente would give you a 'good ' plan b , no?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue 1 May 2012 - 20:21

buying a true CF would make Barca change the way they play,they need a goalscorer who doesnt have to occupy the pen area
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 1 May 2012 - 20:23

What i said on Llorente and RVP in the transfer rumour thread and how i feel whether they can work or not.....

Disagree with that, he has proven at Bilbao he can excel in a passing/pressing game and not slow down the build up at all....

Llorente would be an excellent signing IMO, imagine if Llorente played where Sanchez was playing against Chelsea.

They would have struggled to prevent Barca from knocking thier bus down ALOT more..... also he's not the ego-maniac Ibra is and will fall in line to support the team and not kick up a fuss like Ibra did.

He's also more physical than Ibra and a bigger menace in the air and lighter on his feet IMO.

I do question if Bilbao would let him go tho.

RVP would'nt work at all lol, he takes up similar positions and moves in similar ways to Messi.

And he cant play outwide because he will have to press, make runs in behind and be quick.....

He will/cant do any of those things..... RVP makes no sense at all to me.

Llorente does make sense tho for the reason's i explained plus the added bonus he can provide a Plan B.

I know people said the same with Ibra, but Ibra despite his size is'nt that great in the air and is'nt that physical where as Llorente is.

Added to all the things i already mentioned.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 2 May 2012 - 1:38

Why do we need a forward that desperately? We currently have Messi, Pedro, Alexis, Villa, Cuenca, Tello, Afellay and sometimes Cesc. So long as we're not as unlucky as we were this season as far as injuries are concerned I think we're more than fine, and I think most of you agreed at the beginning of the season. I ask you, what changed since then, now that everyone is fit? If anything, right now we have a surplus with 7 players for 6 positions. If we buy forwards we need to sell others.

I'm not against the signing of Neymar, or of Llorente for that matter, if we can convince either one of them to leave. But I don't think it's an urgent area of improvement.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed 2 May 2012 - 1:47

I can't speak for everyone but the reason why some believe a new forward will be a good addition is perhaps lack of an alternative goal scorer in addition to Messi or possibly adding an extra dimension to the squad. In previous years Barcelona had Eto'o, Zlatan, Pedro, Villa, Henry who scored plenty for Barça. This season Barcelona's second top scorer (Fàbregas) only has scored 15 goals across all competitions.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 2 May 2012 - 2:11

I'm really undecided on this one.

On one hand we need a forward other than Messi who we can count on for 20+ goals a season at least (Villa and Pedro had these positions last year and it worked great- however both have had injuries this year and that has been a major problem). Expecting Villa to come back and bang in 20 goals + like it's nothing is really risky- and who knows how good Pedro will be next season.

In that fashion we do need a forward.

On the other hand, we have Villa, Messi, Pedro, Villa, Cuenca, Tello, Afellay (if needed there) and Alexis next season as BC pointed out. That's a lot of forwards. It's hard to imagine that for all of them will be unable to contribute a large portion of goals- to clarify what I mean

Messi will always get a bunch- we know that. Pedro is iffy, but he certainly has the potential to. Villa could either come back and be amazing or come back and just not be able to perform like he was last season, which is totally possible, again- iffy. Cuenca is not a goalscorer, and Tello hardly is either (we shouldn't rely on either of those for 20+ goals), Afellay is not a forward either, but a winger. Then we have Alexis who scored a good amount this season and we should expect more next season.

But counting on Alexis is not good either, he needs to work on finishing.

Thing is, we have ALL the potential in the world for goals. More than we need. Pedro, Villa, Alexis, and then Tello or Afellay can contribute.

But can we count on that?

There lies the problem

CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 2 May 2012 - 3:33

Would be super worried if you signed Llorente.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed 2 May 2012 - 3:47

danyjr wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:Left forward predominantly, though he can clearly play across all positions.

BarcaKizz wrote:Neymar a winger lol.

GG

Not sure what you mean here... but I'm guessing you don't know what a winger really is...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next