Conte: 'I believe in the Scudetto'

Go down

Conte: 'I believe in the Scudetto'  Empty Conte: 'I believe in the Scudetto'

Post by DeviAngel Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Antonio Conte “believes in the Scudetto,” although he shows great respect for Novara and reveals more injury problems.

The Bianconeri are now three points clear at the top of the table and visit practically-relegated Novara on Sunday afternoon.

“Novara play good football and, compared to Cesena who took on a more defensive approach, I think we will face a side who want to take the game to us,” said the Coach in his press conference.

“I really like this team, especially their Coach Attilio Tesser. Last season they played fantastic football in Serie B and I do cheer them on generally, especially as they tried to maintain that spirit even in Serie A. Compliments to Novara, even if they don’t manage to save themselves this season.”

Only a late Marco Borriello goal gave Juventus the win over Cesena, but there are further setbacks in Conte’s choice of players for tomorrow’s game.

“I have to evaluate the fitness levels of Fabio Quagliarella, who has a thigh problem, and Alessandro Del Piero. Alessandro Matri is suspended and Simone Pepe still out, so I will make my choices, aware that I can count on everyone, including the enthusiastic Borriello.

“A lot will depend on what the lads tell me, as if they are in good shape then I won’t make too many changes from Cesena.”

The Scudetto race is in Juve’s hands and they will have UEFA President Michel Platini in the stands at Novara along with another former Bianconeri legend, Giampiero Boniperti. Both have been invited to the Stadio Piola, as their families originate from the Novara area.

“I don’t think Platini has come to see Juventus in order to celebrate something,” argued Conte. “His visit had already been planned. It will be extra motivation for us, though.

“We are playing many games in a short space of time, so have to take it match by match. These lads have matured a great deal and I am proud of them.

“I’ve always said Milan have a superior squad, although now in terms of organisation we have caught them up. At the end of the season the title will be won by the side that deserves it. Nothing is decided yet and obviously Milan are still in the race.

“How much do I believe in the Scudetto? I do believe, seeing as we are at this stage. Let’s not forget where we started from and that has to make us proud. We have the chance to write an important page in the Juve history books.”

Juventus squad: 1 Buffon, 3 Chiellini, 4 Caceres, 8 Marchisio, 10 Del Piero, 11 De Ceglie, 13 Manninger, 14 Vucinic, 15 Barzagli, 17 Elia, 18 Quagliarella, 19 Bonucci, 20 Padoin, 21 Pirlo, 22 Vidal, 23 Borriello, 24 Giaccherini, 26 Lichtsteiner, 28 Estigarribia, 30 Storari, 34 Marrone
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down