Cruijf
Ganso
Milantildeath
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Possibilities for next season - Page 2 Empty Re: Possibilities for next season

Post by uzonero Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 pm

cripsy dipsy wrote:Antonini should be kept cause he is good looking. He could always give the milan bench a sexy look Afro
lol

in all honesty, antonini isn't as headless as we make him out to be. The guy is pretty good offensively, his only failing is in defense where he is always suspect.

I'd take him over zambro as our first choice LB back up

uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 pm

uzonero wrote:Thank God it was a loan not a co-ownership deal with some crazy serie a side

on ganso, i think he'd be better off as a CAM for us since we lack a player with the proper skills and vision to thrive in that position

headlessnini over zambro? mehn, that means sucide. What do you mean by "thank God it's just loan" Afro
cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 pm

uzonero wrote:Thank God it was a loan not a co-ownership deal with some crazy serie a side

on ganso, i think he'd be better off as a CAM for us since we lack a player with the proper skills and vision to thrive in that position

headlessnini over zambro? mehn, that means sucide. What do you mean by "thank God it's just loan" Afro
cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:38 pm

cripsy dipsy wrote:

He was talking about the Didac Vila deal when he said "Thank God it's just a loan"
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Abiati
DF---------------DF-----DF---------DF (the obvious)
Prince/Gattuso----Bommel/Ambro ----- Montolivo/Prince
-------------------Ganso/Binho-----------------
---------------Ibra------------Pato------------
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:53 am

I can't even understand how people would think Taiwo would flop... he has something Antonini certainly doesn't have (athleticism)... and he has everything Zambrotta used to have. I can see Serie A defenders and attackers being scared of him...

By the way, I still like Antonini. He can serve some purpose. He's not headless. He overlaps well... but he should actually be a right back!
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 am

I can't believe you actually wasted your NON EU spot for Taiwo, but oh well...

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:21 am

Taiwo for free and Ganso to fill the other spot.....I see no problems. pirat

Also there are talks that Taiwo can still get his EU card in August.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:32 am

Giancarlo wrote:I can't even understand how people would think Taiwo would flop...

• He has been dropped in the past at Marseille due to poor performances
  • He has no Serie A experience
  • He has little European experience
  • He has little skill on the ball
  • Apart from his shots, he offers little in attack
  • He is often critisized for his positioning
  • etc...
I hope he does do well, but it is by no means assured.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:35 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:I can't even understand how people would think Taiwo would flop...

• etc...

Completely agree, it's a risk in addition already lost your EU spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:58 am

sciacca wrote:I can't believe you actually wasted your NON EU spot for Taiwo, but oh well...

He is going to get his French passport. Taiwo is a great LB and he was available for free, great move by Galliani.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ciro1316 Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:06 pm

taiwo is a beast and his marking and his positioning will get better in camp

ciro1316
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

• He has been dropped in the past at Marseille due to poor performances In the past, this season he has been one of the best LBs in the world
  • He has no Serie A experience So did Kaka, Van Basten, Sheva, Stam etc. HE might take time to get used to it, but this should offer little problem
  • He has little European experience Played till the last 16 of the Champions League.
  • He has little skill on the ball He makes it up with his strength, speed and athleticism.
  • Apart from his shots, he offers little in attack Have to totally disagree here. His bombing runs down the left flank were vital to Marseille's wing play and he is not bad at crossing, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.
  • He is often criticized for his positioning Positioning is a problem he has, but like Abate he can improve his positioning and other abilities under Tassoti
  • etc...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:19 pm

milanista99 wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

• He has been dropped in the past at Marseille due to poor performances In the past, this season he has been one of the best LBs in the world
  • He has no Serie A experience So did Kaka, Van Basten, Sheva, Stam etc. HE might take time to get used to it, but this should offer little problem
  • He has little European experience Played till the last 16 of the Champions League.
  • He has little skill on the ball He makes it up with his strength, speed and athleticism.
  • Apart from his shots, he offers little in attack Have to totally disagree here. His bombing runs down the left flank were vital to Marseille's wing play and he is not bad at crossing, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.
  • He is often criticized for his positioning Positioning is a problem he has, but like Abate he can improve his positioning and other abilities under Tassoti
  • etc...

You basically summed it up. Nice!
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:21 pm

milanista99 wrote:
sciacca wrote:I can't believe you actually wasted your NON EU spot for Taiwo, but oh well...

He is going to get his French passport. Taiwo is a great LB and he was available for free, great move by Galliani.

When? Last I read they said he will get it after the Market.

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Milantildeath wrote:He went back to spain on Loan, if Taiwo Fails he will be brought back

Why did we do that? Didac already trained with us and knows the players.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

• etc...

None of those are actually true. He rarely has been dropped in the past at Marseille. He's maintained 35-40 appearances a season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/84482/taye-taiwo?cc=5901

Rarely dropped. RARELY.

He has plenty of European experience, and he has plenty of skill on the ball.

He has great overlapping ability.

Many fullbacks get criticized for their position.

I don't see much truth to any of those statements.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 pm

sciacca wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

• etc...

Completely agree, it's a risk in addition already lost your EU spot.

LMAO! Why are you so concerned?

He's not registered yet. He may be able to get his French passport because he meets the eligibility requirements... but the French government is slow to move on these things.

Taiwo was not a stupid acquirement, nor is he risky.

He has all the attributes of an excellent attacking fullback, who is defensively good too. With tons of European experience.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:37 am

Giancarlo wrote:
None of those are actually true. He rarely has been dropped in the past at Marseille. He's maintained 35-40 appearances a season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/84482/taye-taiwo?cc=5901

Rarely dropped. RARELY.

He has plenty of European experience, and he has plenty of skill on the ball.

He has great overlapping ability.

Many fullbacks get criticized for their position.

I don't see much truth to any of those statements.

He was dropped at the start of the 2010/11 season and only brought back in when their coach changed formation. As for skill on the ball / overlapping ability / positioning , how many times have you watched him to be able to make a judgement on his ability?

And as for your point "many fullbacks get criticized for their positioning" does that make it ok then? Well, why didn't we just stick with Antonini? He is fine going forward and makes some good runs... So what if his positioning is poor? Many fullbacks also have poor positioning, right?

I will once again reiterate that I wish him all the very best and really do hope he achieves everything expected of him, I am just saying that it is not guaranteed.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:40 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
He was dropped at the start of the 2010/11 season and only brought back in when their coach changed formation. As for skill on the ball / overlapping ability / positioning , how many times have you watched him to be able to make a judgement on his ability?

And as for your point "many fullbacks get criticized for their positioning" does that make it ok then? Well, why didn't we just stick with Antonini? He is fine going forward and makes some good runs... So what if his positioning is poor? Many fullbacks also have poor positioning, right?

I will once again reiterate that I wish him all the very best and really do hope he achieves everything expected of him, I am just saying that it is not guaranteed.

Actually in the 2010/11 season, he only missed 4 games, and several of those were because of injury.

Yes, I have watched him to a great degree. And watched him in the Champions League too. I think my statements are very accurate.

His positioning is just fine, and I don't see much justification for any of the misdirected, and downright false, criticisms at Taiwo. Taiwo is many times the player Antonini is and ever was. Taiwo is very effective overlapping and adds significant amounts of energy and skill down the left flank.

I can say you're totally off the mark.

But then again, looking at your signature, I'm sure you're more than willing to put major credibility and stakes on certain players that have proved absolutely nothing.

Edit: By the way, Antonini would actually be better as a right back. He's out of position as a LB.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:19 am

Giancarlo wrote:But then again, looking at your signature, I'm sure you're more than willing to put major credibility and stakes on certain players that have proved absolutely nothing.

Oh so now you are making assumptions about me through my choice at a signature? Wow, it's not hard to see why many don't like you. Maybe El Shaarawy in my eyes signals a change in intent in the management at Milan. A new intent to focus on youth, promising players instead of buying declining champions which is what we so often have done in the Berlu era. Maybe it is that I see a hope for the club I love so much through the transfer of El Shaarawy? No, no. Your assumption is definitely correct. I am putting credibility and stakes on players that prove nothing. Yes, you are right. Your assumptions are correct. Ffs, I can't even chose a sig anymore without being judged. Why should you make points about different topics by making false and hopeless assumptions about my sig? It's just stupid. This has to be the most ridiculous post I have seen in a while.

Giancarlo wrote:Edit: By the way, Antonini would actually be better as a right back. He's out of position as a LB.

Wow. What would he do at RB? The only good thing he offered were his runs down the left flank which we saw a fair bit of under Leo. At RB he would be incompetent to do even that.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:22 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
Oh so now you are making assumptions about me through my choice at a signature? Wow, it's not hard to see why many don't like you. Maybe El Shaarawy in my eyes signals a change in intent in the management at Milan. A new intent to focus on youth, promising players instead of buying declining champions which is what we so often have done in the Berlu era. Maybe it is that I see a hope for the club I love so much through the transfer of El Shaarawy? No, no. Your assumption is definitely correct. I am putting credibility and stakes on players that prove nothing. Yes, you are right. Your assumptions are correct. Ffs, I can't even chose a sig anymore without being judged. Why should you make points about different topics by making false and hopeless assumptions about my sig? It's just stupid. This has to be the most ridiculous post I have seen in a while.

I've got into this argument before. I'm not buying it. I don't think he's that talented. I think we should focus on youth, but focus on more established talented players. Chances are Stephan will play 5-10 games, then move on to another team after flopping. I don't see why I can't put faith and confidence in Taiwo, after he has been an established talent and has done well in Europe. I stand by my post. Fully.

And what declining champions? Certainly you're not referring to Ibra or Robinho, because neither are declining, and I fully supported both moves. Robinho had one of his best seasons. Why can't we get a player that is established or at least has some experience (like Ganso) instead of relying on wishful thinking?

Wow. What would he do at RB? The only good thing he offered were his runs down the left flank which we saw a fair bit of under Leo. At RB he would be incompetent to do even that.

He's not an actual left back... I think some are judging Antonini a bit harshly, and I'm probably one of the few who want him to remain at Milan. Nonetheless, I think Taiwo is many times the player he is, and Taiwo is a very effective player.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Won't even reply to you. You reply to my post with a tangential argument...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:16 pm

If Cassano leaves, mark my words El Shaarawy will earn a starting spot
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:18 pm

I really hope Cassano stays put then... because this kid is being completely overhyped and I don't see him starting for us.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next