Cruijf
Ganso
Milantildeath
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Possibilities for next season - Page 4 Empty Re: Possibilities for next season

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:34 pm

I'm not saying he should play as an AM. I'd prefer him in midfield. However, I think he is capable of playing in the CL as a CM. I think people are degrading him too much.

Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:45 pm

well yeah.thats what im saying.

im a bit scared though by the fact that were openly only looking for a world class LCM,which means allegri doesnt plan on changing the front trio.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:26 am

I think we are indeed in the market for a CAM...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:18 am

Giancarlo wrote:I'm probably the only one who thinks that Boateng has an excellent season... he isn't perfect, but he's definitely a great dynamic player.
LOL if you are I lost respect for a lot of ppl on this forum. Boateng was easily among the top players on the team and is one of the reasons we won the scudetto. He was great this year.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:41 am

Giancarlo wrote:I'm probably the only one who thinks that Boateng has an excellent season... he isn't perfect, but he's definitely a great dynamic player.

Shocked
What? Everyone in here loves Boateng and has expressed that many times. He had a great first season in Serie A, and I expect more of the same next season. :king:
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 am

Giancarlo wrote:I think we are indeed in the market for a CAM...

Mr.X .... :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:02 am

Giancarlo wrote:I'm not saying he should play as an AM. I'd prefer him in midfield. However, I think he is capable of playing in the CL as a CM. I think people are degrading him too much.

People? I'm the only one actually who feels he is too naive defensively. I've stated it numerous times even during the season in the old forums.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:07 am

IzzyC08 wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:I'm not saying he should play as an AM. I'd prefer him in midfield. However, I think he is capable of playing in the CL as a CM. I think people are degrading him too much.

People? I'm the only one actually who feels he is too naive defensively. I've stated it numerous times even during the season in the old forums.

I strongly disagree. He's the kind of player we need fighting for the ball back and making tackles. Come on, I've seen Ambrosini and Van Bommel engage in far more questionable tackles...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 am

Giancarlo wrote:
IzzyC08 wrote:

I strongly disagree. He's the kind of player we need fighting for the ball back and making tackles. Come on, I've seen Ambrosini and Van Bommel engage in far more questionable tackles...

I'll have to disagree with that his defensive play can be very bad and he had a few tackles from behind that were just plain awful. Also his positioning when in the midfield is what makes him so naive in that role. He still plays best behind the strikers for his country and club. Even if he may not be the best player for the CAM role that's where he is most comfortable.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:43 am

IzzyC08 wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:
IzzyC08 wrote:

I'll have to disagree with that his defensive play can be very bad and he had a few tackles from behind that were just plain awful. Also his positioning when in the midfield is what makes him so naive in that role. He still plays best behind the strikers for his country and club. Even if he may not be the best player for the CAM role that's where he is most comfortable.

I actually think he's not as effective in CAM, and he's the best in midfield. I've seen worst tackles from Van Bommel and Ambrosini. But Boateng is still a young player. His tackles for the most part are very good, and his defensive play is solid. But we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't see how the criticism is valid though.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:49 am

Just what I noticed. I don't see how everyone's opinion in most of these threads are entirely valid seeing as they're all based on opinion.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:05 am

IzzyC08 wrote:I'm still probably the only person who doesn't mind Boateng at the AM field role. Defensively he just doesn't cut it.

I agree that it's his best position and I don't mind if he is used there at times next season, however I would prefer if his use behind the strikers was primarily for smaller games or as a substitute. My greatest concern for Boateng in midfield is his positional sense which not only creates holes defensively but makes it harder for Prince to force his way back into the game after he initially drifts out of the action for five or ten minutes. However if this problem is addressed - I don't think it would take too much from a coaching perspective - I'd be willing to put up with his tackling as he wins at least as many fouls as he tends to give away and his pressure is incessant. I want him to be used heavily, however I don't see his inclusion in our best starting eleven as a necessity if we're strengthening the entire squad, so he can find time in both positions potentially. If Ganso is used in central midfield then Boateng should intially remain behind our strikers, otherwise he can help us to see the game out by being brought on or moving up the pitch to rest Robinho, Ganso, Cassano or any other attacking option.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:30 am

Ganso wrote:well yeah.thats what im saying.

im a bit scared though by the fact that were openly only looking for a world class LCM,which means allegri doesnt plan on changing the front trio.

Is that Adryan in your sig?
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:37 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

I don't know whether to love or hate that kid for his freekick...not that Australia deserved to get anything out of that game. More intriguing however, why did you choose your current avatar Ganso?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:41 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

I'm sure you see nightmares about him Twisted Evil
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:05 am

milanista99 wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Every fu**ing night Evil or Very Mad
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Every fu**ing night Evil or Very Mad

Still don't think we'll win. Brazil played really poorly, the players were very individualistic, they can't count on Adryan to score super free kicks every game. Australia were really unlucky.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:57 pm

yeah,our u17 team sucks.

im glad our u20 team rocks though
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:07 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
IzzyC08 wrote:I'm still probably the only person who doesn't mind Boateng at the AM field role. Defensively he just doesn't cut it.

I agree that it's his best position and I don't mind if he is used there at times next season, however I would prefer if his use behind the strikers was primarily for smaller games or as a substitute. My greatest concern for Boateng in midfield is his positional sense which not only creates holes defensively but makes it harder for Prince to force his way back into the game after he initially drifts out of the action for five or ten minutes. However if this problem is addressed - I don't think it would take too much from a coaching perspective - I'd be willing to put up with his tackling as he wins at least as many fouls as he tends to give away and his pressure is incessant. I want him to be used heavily, however I don't see his inclusion in our best starting eleven as a necessity if we're strengthening the entire squad, so he can find time in both positions potentially. If Ganso is used in central midfield then Boateng should intially remain behind our strikers, otherwise he can help us to see the game out by being brought on or moving up the pitch to rest Robinho, Ganso, Cassano or any other attacking option.

I agree with this completely, and in the red is my biggest concern as well.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Prince was one of our most influential players last season, it would be idiotic to put him on the bench. His presence on the field is known, no matter what position you put him at. You all are talking about his technical ability? Have you seen him in training? He is one of the most technical players on the team.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Milantildeath wrote:Prince was one of our most influential players last season, it would be idiotic to put him on the bench. His presence on the field is known, no matter what position you put him at. You all are talking about his technical ability? Have you seen him in training? He is one of the most technical players on the team.

scratch
We aren't talking about his technical ability....We are worried about his positioning the same thing I've stressed since last season. You can't just throw him anywhere in the midfield.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 pm

IzzyC08 wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:Prince was one of our most influential players last season, it would be idiotic to put him on the bench. His presence on the field is known, no matter what position you put him at. You all are talking about his technical ability? Have you seen him in training? He is one of the most technical players on the team.

scratch
We aren't talking about his technical ability....We are worried about his positioning the same thing I've stressed since last season. You can't just throw him anywhere in the midfield.

If you look at the pure stats he was great with his short and long passing, I see nothing wrong with his positioning.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Milantildeath wrote:
IzzyC08 wrote:

scratch

If you look at the pure stats he was great with his short and long passing, I see nothing wrong with his positioning.

Can you provide pure stats??? No one doubts his passing well long range is questionable. Ganso would easily be a better fit as a LCM, and his positioning is a problem he leaves gaps in our midfield. :study:
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 pm

You didn't see the table that was posted in the old forum? Prince was better at CM than he was at CAM. He plays the box to box Mid very well.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:51 pm

He wasn't better as a CM IMO he would easily lose focus and his positioning isn't great. Despite whatever table it may have been I would disagree.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:54 pm

let me get this straight, you don't want him on the pitch at all?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next