Cruijf
Ganso
Milantildeath
17 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Possibilities for next season - Page 5 Empty Re: Possibilities for next season

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:54 pm

let me get this straight, you don't want him on the pitch at all?

Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:59 pm

Milantildeath wrote:let me get this straight, you don't want him on the pitch at all?

I never suggested that. Just because in the CM he is a bit naive doesn't mean I don't want him to start. He and Allegri were my avatar for almost all last season. I love the guy but people tend to exaggerate his abilities within the midfield. Like I said he's most comfortable as a CAM.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:32 am

So where should we play him? I feel like we are going in circles here. I've seen Gattuso make errors, but he's fine because he's Gattuso. And Van Bommel has done serious tackles that could have ended the seasons of various players, but he gets away with it because he knows how to talk with the referee.

So what Boateng needs to learn is how to talk to the referee and make crunching tackles look innocent. Other than that, he better start next season in midfield. He's better as a CM, not a CAM. He doesn't provide killer passes to our strikers. His positioning was often better than Gattuso's.

He's still a young player. And he can still improve greatly. He's 24, not 27 or 28. We don't pick up mediocre 27-28 years old... we leave that to the team in Torino.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:07 am

Laughing Please to say Gattuso's positioning is near as bad as Boateng's is laughable IMO. If you don't agree go watch every game this season I have them recorded if you can provide a more descriptive evaluation of Boateng please do it. Because I have all the games recorded and he's not as good as people make him. It's very simple trying to compare him to another player even though Gattuso's positioning is 10X better then Boateng's. drunken I have even said I hope he improves in the CM role but never the less he is most comfortable in the CAM role Afro
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:10 am

I remember Boateng saying something about not wanting to lose playing time because of new arrivals

Boateng should be....."encouraged" to play all our midfield roles.

We know he is fine at CAM.
Statistics apparently show us that he is good at LCM/CM/RCM (even though i personally disagree).
And he seems to have all the right traits (or is getting there) to be a good DM.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:13 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I remember Boateng saying something about not wanting to lose playing time because of new arrivals

Boateng should be....."encouraged" to play all our midfield roles.

We know he is fine at CAM.
Statistics apparently show us that he is good at LCM/CM/RCM (even though i personally disagree).
And he seems to have all the right traits (or is getting there) to be a good DM.

I disagree his ability in the CM or any of the midfield roles apart from the CAM role are all under jeopardy because he's very naive in those roles he constantly makes mistakes and he's not about to give up his role as CAM whenever he knows that he is meant to be there.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ciro1316 Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm sorry but boateng is no cam. If he was we wouldn't be looking at players like ganso and would not have signed el shaarway prince can play the position because he is talented in all aspects of the game but he is best served as a cm or a rm he is a box to box mid and a great example of one at that

ciro1316
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:53 pm

ciro1316 wrote:I'm sorry but boateng is no cam. If he was we wouldn't be looking at players like ganso and would not have signed el shaarway prince can play the position because he is talented in all aspects of the game but he is best served as a cm or a rm he is a box to box mid and a great example of one at that

At Portsmouth he was a CAM even here he is a CAM for his country Ghana he is a CAM. I don't see why people find him to be a box to box mid. He likes to wander and have space which is why when in the CM role he doesn't close off players enough which allows for the opposition to have room to do as they please. :study:
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ciro1316 Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:05 pm

you are right in what you say izzy he does play as a cam for ghana and did at portsmouth but his skill set is best as a box to box he lacks the vision to really be a cam but has enough talent in all aspects of the game to be a dymanic box to box

ciro1316
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 pm

IzzyC08 wrote: Laughing Please to say Gattuso's positioning is near as bad as Boateng's is laughable IMO. If you don't agree go watch every game this season I have them recorded if you can provide a more descriptive evaluation of Boateng please do it. Because I have all the games recorded and he's not as good as people make him. It's very simple trying to compare him to another player even though Gattuso's positioning is 10X better then Boateng's. drunken I have even said I hope he improves in the CM role but never the less he is most comfortable in the CAM role Afro

You're just sugarcoating it about Gattuso. And for one, I have yet to see a valid criticism of Boateng here. Boateng has very good positioning, and it is reported that Allegri is going to move him to midfield. He has all the characteristics to play better in midfield. He's not as good? Come on, he was one of our better players.... and the analysts agree on this one. I don't know why people try to degrade him. He's a young player... and he has potential to grow even more as a player.

Frankly he doesn't have the incisive passes to be considered a CAM. He has the combative spirit to play as a CM.

Here is the article about Allegri switching him to midfield:

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=55687

E' stata forse la sorpresa più positiva dello scorso campionato. Kevin Prince Boateng, arrivato negliultimi giorni di mercato, tramite Genoa, si è imposto quasi subito negli schemi di Allegri diventando imprescindibile.Una delle sue più grandi doti, è senza dubbio la duttilità. Il centrocampista ghanese infatti, ha giocato sia da mezz'ala sinistra che da trequartista, ruolo che preferisce. Nella prossima stagione però, tutto lascia presagire ad un ritorno tra i tre di centrocampo: innanzitutto l'arrivo di El Shaarawy ed il possibile acquisto di Hamsik, entrambi abituati a giocare dietro le punte. A dire il vero, il giocatore slovacco del Napoli ha iniziato la carriera giocando tra i centrocampisti, ma è esploso soprattutto da rifinitore, con caratteristiche simili a Boateng, ma con più incisvità in zona gol.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm completely open to Boateng being placed in the midfield role, I have stated that numerous times. What I say about him in the CAM role isn't false though and he does have the capability to play as a CM but he must improve.

Yes, I did exaggerate quite a bit in that post in fact that was a very drunken post. Embarassed
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5