Halfsharkgator
inderbaby
Juveman17
DeviAngel
9 posters

Go down

Del Piero daunted by Juve departure  Empty Del Piero daunted by Juve departure

Post by DeviAngel Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Alessandro Del Piero has reflected on the ‘most difficult’ season of his career and admits that leaving Juventus this summer is a daunting prospect.

The Bianconeri’s record appearance holder and all-time top goalscorer, who has won 15 major honours with the Turin outfit since joining the club in 1993, is set to depart this summer when his contract comes to an end.

The 37-year-old forward, who has previously hinted that he intends to play on until he is 40, has admitted this week that he had hoped to be staying with the Old Lady to the end of his playing career.

“It was what I had dreamed,” he said in an interview with the Italian edition of Vanity Fair magazine, which is set to be published tomorrow.

“These 20 years have been full of emotions, with some extraordinary moments and others hard - I have felt the thrill of writing almost all the Bianconeri’s records. But now things have changed.

“[This season] has been the most difficult of my life, because I was faced with a reality that I had never known - that of someone who plays little or not at all.

“Nobody thinks they deserve exclusion, and although I have always thought that if another is playing ahead of you then they deserve it, it does not mean giving up fighting for that place.”

The captain was asked of his reaction to Andrea Agnelli’s announcement at a club shareholders meeting in October that this would be the No 10’s last term with the club.

“It surprised me. But a captain should never forget his duties and what he represents. Juventus has taken the utmost to try to win the League and Coppa Italia.

“We do not need controversy, which, moreover, has never been a part of my career.

“From June 30 I will be without a contract. I cannot imagine my future, it is a huge change and it scares me a little, because it will be like leaving home again.

“But I live life as I did when I was a kid, like a video game - there will be another level to overcome.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Del Piero daunted by Juve departure  Empty Re: Del Piero daunted by Juve departure

Post by Juveman17 Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:40 pm

King :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Del Piero daunted by Juve departure  Empty Re: Del Piero daunted by Juve departure

Post by inderbaby Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:58 pm

If he wants to stay then he should be given an extension :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:12 pm

inderbaby wrote:If he wants to stay then he should be given an extension :shisha:

damn right
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfsharkgator Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:19 pm

it doesnt sound like he wants a bench role, but i think with all the competitions next year it would be a mistake to let him go.

Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:22 pm

imbecile agnelli was very not gentleman doing that. Del Piero daunted by Juve departure  2276801876

del piero reaction... :bow:

i would be gutted...and disgusted to be treated that way Clubber

agnelli is officially on my hit list if i ever win the lottery
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:22 pm

i don't understand Agnieli's point.. What could Juve possibly win from the leaving of Del Piero?
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:30 pm

tuddor wrote:i don't understand Agnieli's point.. What could Juve possibly win from the leaving of Del Piero?

You're right.Del Piero should be the logo of the team.He is like Giggs for United.Why would anyone want Del Piero to leave?He is still class...he proved this against Lazio.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:43 am

tuddor wrote:i don't understand Agnieli's point.. What could Juve possibly win from the leaving of Del Piero?

He probably wants to start a new chapter of the club

I absolutely hate the decision with that being said.

The only reason Del Piero should leave is if Del Piero wants to, as in he is not happy with his role. Which I would still understand, right now, Juve is turning its back on Del Piero and that is horrible

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:52 am

Del Piero is a legend and still has the technical ability and class to the point where he does not deserve to be sitting on the bench and not seen by the world in his last few years of playing. If you ask me, Agnelli is doing the right decision for everyone, ADP gets money and playing time, the world gets to see him play once again, and Juventus gets money.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down