JAY-Z
kiranr
Gomez83
Lord Awesome
Milan31
barca 2011
14 posters

Go down

"Barca won nothing before Messi, Xavi, & Iniesta." Empty "Barca won nothing before Messi, Xavi, & Iniesta."

Post by barca 2011 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:50 am

LOL, here it is. U know we needed a pt. II.

Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) director Andres Sanchez has launched another attack on Barcelona, hitting out at suggestions that all clubs should follow the Blaugrana's footballing model.

Barca's La Masia academy and the attractive brand of attacking football practised by Pep Guardiola's men, have won many fans in recent years, as the Camp Nou outfit have stormed to three consecutive Spanish titles.

But the former Corinthians president feels that it is detrimental to Brazilian football to follow the Catalan model, and that such talk devalues other approaches to the game.

"What is this bullsh*t saying that we have to follow Barcelona? Are Real Madrid then just a bunch of morons?" he told Brazilian television programme Cartao Verde.

"Much of Corinthians' marketing approach was inspired by Barcelona, but you can't take the same road as Santos and think that Brazilian football is worthless.

"Barcelona are a respected team, but if the Barcelona system is so flawless why did they not win anything 10 years ago? Xavi, [Lionel] Messi and [Andres] Iniesta do not appear every year.

"The difference in the youth system is that while we want our youngsters to win titles, the key is not trophies but unearthing great players."
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

"Barca won nothing before Messi, Xavi, & Iniesta." Empty Re: "Barca won nothing before Messi, Xavi, & Iniesta."

Post by barca 2011 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:54 am

Here's my ?. Who's telling this man that he NEEDS to follow Barca, or anyone's model?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

"Barca won nothing before Messi, Xavi, & Iniesta." Empty Re: "Barca won nothing before Messi, Xavi, & Iniesta."

Post by Milan31 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:56 am

:facepalm:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:00 am

He sounds just like any of us here honestly.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:02 am

Pele and this guy need to work on their trolling :facepalm:
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:04 am

Lord Hispano wrote:He sounds just like any of us here honestly.

This is exactly what i was thinking Laughing
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:31 am

:brickwall:
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:06 am

misleading title, he's complaining about people trying to enforce Barca's brand of football as the way to go when Brazilian football is miles ahead in terms of entertainment. He used Xavi and Messi is illustrate that it's such WC players is the main reason why Barca us winning titles and not just their system
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:35 am

i've heard things along those lines many times on this forum

fan of club linked to pep: "i wouldn't want pep, i don't like barca's style of play and find it boring"

barca fan: "omg!! anyone who says they wouldn't want to play like us is lying Crying or Very sad we play the best football and you're just jealous! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad "
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:40 am

zizzle wrote:misleading title, he's complaining about people trying to enforce Barca's brand of football as the way to go when Brazilian football is miles ahead in terms of entertainment. He used Xavi and Messi is illustrate that it's such WC players is the main reason why Barca us winning titles and not just their system
That's the lol.com title dude, just callin it like I sees it. And seriously, Brazil is "miles ahead" of Spain as far as entertainment???? More one-sided maybe, but if that's the case, I could just as easily call Brazil's serie A inconsistent. But that's another argument.

But with that said, I still wonder, who's making this guy follow any system? I know it does have the same affect as pretty much any of us making a rant on this site, but why doesn't this dude just do his own thing, instead of bash on barca's system twice in one week as if it somehow affects him?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:48 am

Well i've been a fan of Brazil's brand of football ever since i was a child so i'm clearly biased, and there's also the fact that tiki taka can be very tactical and that will put me to sleep if my team wasnt playing. That said the Spanish league is clearly superior to the Brazilian serie A in terms of overall quality

As for the guy, no one is making him follow any system, but there's an overall perception in the football world that Barca's game is an example for everyone to follow and the he's probably annoyed to hear suc calls in Brazil where football is as entertaining as it gets
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:33 am

zizzle wrote:Well i've been a fan of Brazil's brand of football ever since i was a child so i'm clearly biased, and there's also the fact that tiki taka can be very tactical and that will put me to sleep if my team wasnt playing. That said the Spanish league is clearly superior to the Brazilian serie A in terms of overall quality

As for the guy, no one is making him follow any system, but there's an overall perception in the football world that Barca's game is an example for everyone to follow and the he's probably annoyed to hear suc calls in Brazil where football is as entertaining as it gets
Fair enough, and no one is making this guy follow any system but we all are entitiled to our opinion. But I do think this guy is pure comedy. I just think that his two main arguments against barca are hilarious. First, Barca have won nothing before Pep (06 CL). Second, Barca have nothing before messi/Xaviesta (Cruyff).
But my favorite one is how he bashes la masia because the 17 yr. Olds that he recently saw lose to Corinthians were "nothing like Guardiola's team".
This dudes funny.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:44 pm

zizzle wrote:Well i've been a fan of Brazil's brand of football ever since i was a child so i'm clearly biased, and there's also the fact that tiki taka can be very tactical and that will put me to sleep if my team wasnt playing. That said the Spanish league is clearly superior to the Brazilian serie A in terms of overall quality

When you talk about their brand of football, you are talking about the brand of footblal of the brazilian NT, right? in that case todays Spain>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> todays brazil..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Well this does sound like he's responding to an annoying journalist, not hating on Barca, is there any context to be had?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:03 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:14 pm

zizzle wrote:misleading title, he's complaining about people trying to enforce Barca's brand of football as the way to go when Brazilian football is miles ahead in terms of entertainment. He used Xavi and Messi is illustrate that it's such WC players is the main reason why Barca us winning titles and not just their system

Brazilian football is not at best anymore atm . Someone posted an article about Brazil declining because they don't have any structure , as europeens teams do . they always count on pure talent , that's also why we liked it though. Nonetheless they have to structure their Football because talent is not illimited .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:24 pm

lol it was very funny to hear it, but this is taking a lot of quotes and ommitting a lot of other stuff he said. he said that they dont play exactly alike at every club level (youth teams), and meant that in the late 90's and stuff barcelona wasn't really winning much. he fails to understand taht their philosophy was first adopted in the late 80's, wasnt it? of course it takes some time for them to collect the fruits ehehe.

either way, that guy is a complete joke. i watched the show with his interview and he doesnt let anyone talk. he was Corinthians' former president lol.

Santos' fans and others are most correct in thinking that Brazil's biggest clubs are miles behind Europe's best. That match against Barcelona's taught us a lot, we are keeping more possession, pressuring more, etc, what Neymar said about "tonight we had a football lesson" wasn't bs!
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:26 pm

he is right though, when he says that messi , xavi, and iniesta make a big difference.. if players of such quality weren't there, they wouldn't be getting as many titles, despite playing with the same style and so on.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:20 pm

From the flow of the article, he sounds annoyed at something, possibly a journalist question. To be fair, Brasil should play how they feel to play and not copy anyone's style of play (possession football does not belong to ANYONE mind you).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm

That's why I asked for context, he sounds like he was specifically asked why they don't just copy instead of following some supposedly inferior concept.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down