CBarca
dostoevsky
The Messiah
Sushi Master
Forza
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has Thomas Müller peaked already?

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 20, 2012 1:17 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Did start, scored, GOAT. Too bad he was taken off, hahaha. Very Happy

Viva, you guys deceived me.

How you gonna take off my boy when he's clearly your closer?

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has Thomas Müller peaked already?

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 1:18 am

Taking him off cost Bayern the game imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun May 20, 2012 1:20 am

You don't just take off Müller. He doesn't get tired, he doesn't know fear, and he's a damn good forward.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun May 20, 2012 1:27 am

He needs to be transformed into a proper forward, not the wierd AM hybrid he is now. A bit more physical strength, hard work on his finishing and he could be a real GOAT striker.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 20, 2012 1:32 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Did start, scored, GOAT. Too bad he was taken off, hahaha. Very Happy
According to Heynckes in the post match interview, Müller had muscular problems with his calf ("die Wade hat wohl gezwickt").
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 20, 2012 1:34 am

Zealous wrote:Taking him off cost Bayern the game imo.

Yh because Muller would have done something about Drogba's bullet header Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun May 20, 2012 1:34 am

Ah, I was wondering. Because Müller usually has no problems playing 120 minutes, and if I were Heynckes I wouldn't have subbed anyone off with extended time looming.

This makes a lot of sense.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 20, 2012 1:35 am

He wouldve iced Robbens penalty.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun May 20, 2012 1:35 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Zealous wrote:Taking him off cost Bayern the game imo.

Yh because Muller would have done something about Drogba's bullet header Laughing

He might've scored again, though. He certainly seems like a guy who'd score his penalty.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Match winner in the Pokal;
suck it, haters!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:00 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Match winner in the Pokal;
suck it, haters!

shaq scored the winner

but still :bow:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 pm

That assist was Müllericious though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:That assist was Müllericious though.
Absolutely :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Proud

Proving the haters (who are surprisingly largely composed of Bayern supporters hmm ) - wrong.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:02 am

Le Samourai wrote: Proud

Proving the haters (who are surprisingly largely composed of Bayern supporters hmm ) - wrong.

It gets better Laughing

The Messiah wrote:Muller is on decline they said

Muller lack technique they said.

Now look

www.goallegacy.net/t25693-muller-fluked-his-way-to-the-golden-boot-they-said?highlight=M%C3%BCller+they+said

And tbh as you can see from this thread, Idri =/= Bayern Supporters opinion
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 am

Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 3 IPsfHc8HZ7akR

Good goal, even better assist.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:56 am

i have a hard time understanding what he is particularly 'good' at.

i must admit i dont watch him all the time, but when i have watched him he seems clumsy on the ball, and even though his stats seem to point that he didnt do as well, they are still pretty good.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 am

vanDEEZ wrote:i have a hard time understanding what he is particularly 'good' at.

i must admit i dont watch him all the time, but when i have watched him he seems clumsy on the ball, and even though his stats seem to point that he didnt do as well, they are still pretty good.

I know what you mean. Müller seems to look a bit one-dimensional on the wing, runs like a headless chicken, and has average technical skills. He's an alright finisher, and is decent at passing. He's basically an all-around average player, if you just look at his technical skills.

But his mental aspect of the game is phenomenal. I know some people don't really watch matches for 1 player, but if you just look at the runs and pockets of space he finds, it's like he is a little Mario Gomez. He really does get to the right place at the right time, and it's not just by luck. It's a combination of anticipation, reactions, and quickness. If you just look at him, Müller doesn't look like a super athlete. But based on intelligence alone, he is an extremely, extremely good player. There's just a couple of examples to show:

Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 3 IuMt4xILwjpUt

His spectacular goal against Hamburg. Luck? Skill?

Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 3 IiuSRCxIXGfRR

This is basically a perfect finish. And the thing is, I've seen Müller miss easy chances, sometimes. But this, a one-time right footed screamer into the top corner was unexpected, and exceptional.

Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 3 IwlAhOpHCQRha

For this one, it's like you can see the lightbulb come up over his head. Taking nothing from Kroos, with a great run and a great goal, but for Müller to weave around those defenders with a relatively poor first touch, and to give a perfect layoff for Kroos is unexpected for such an average technical player.

Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 3 Idyqet4YsUcc8

And lastly, this goal basically is Müller. The running, the attacking intelligence, the [shocking] defense by Fuchs, the nutmeg by Müller, the strength of Müller, and the superb finishing of Müller.

You just have to like Müller, really. He is just spectacular, and he's having his best year yet.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Thomas Müller just signed a 2-year extension. His Bayern contract now runs till 2017. banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:31 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:i have a hard time understanding what he is particularly 'good' at.

Besides what peerless said, Müller is basically good at everything. Pretty decent finishing, even for an all-out striker, acceptable aerial game, great vision, good speed and acceleration, near-perfect work ethic, and I know he looks awkward when he runs or dribbles, but his dribblign is actually pretty good, he wins a lot of 1on1s, even when he isn't able to pick up speed beforehand, his crosses are decent as well.

He's probably not the best in any category at Bayern, but he's top3 in all. And I don't agree with peerless' assertion that his technical skills are average - he just looks weird when he moves, but he actually is a great athlete with very good technique, he's got a quite neat first touch and is very fast with the ball at his feet.

But the main point, peerless got right: Müllers main strength is mentality, he's a smart player, and he's absolutely fearless. The closest to a "big game player" Germany has these years. Well Neuer aside.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:45 pm

thanks peerIess and viva for taking the time on those posts Thumbs up

really enlightened me.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:18 pm

I rate him higher than Hazard

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Still doing okay, isn't he?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:55 pm

I think he is doing alright, last time I checked he dismantled 1 FC Barcelona
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:45 pm

I love the fact that he's personally coined a name for his role on the pitch.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 pm

In retrospect - the high point of my week . That KG-esque screen on Alba Proud . I can't help but factor the Goetze news and all these fancy Am's, I hope Bayern does the stupid thing and discards....hopefully to us.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next