CBarca
dostoevsky
The Messiah
Sushi Master
Forza
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Thomas Müller peaked already?

Post by The Messiah Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:41 am

juventus101 wrote:Hes off form, but hes naturally a support striker or winger or even target man, but not a trequartista, where hes played at Bayern. No he definitely has not.peaked, but his.progress has definitely slowed down from how insanely fast he was developing around the World Cup time.
juventus101 wrote:Hes off form, but hes naturally a support striker or winger or even target man, but not a trequartista, where hes played at Bayern. No he definitely has not.peaked, but his.progress has definitely slowed down from how insanely fast he was developing around the World Cup time.

Kroos is naturally an AM while Alaba is naturally a CM but they have both excell in other position and adapted very well, there isn't much difference between a SS and AM, compare to AM and DM or CM to LB. This goes to show how talented these players are.

Muller must adapt, there isn't much difference between the role he's playing under Van Gan than under JH, sometime he just seems to disappear from the team, this is one thing the Media can do to a young talent, Muller must forget all the media hyping, humble himself and start working hard again both on and off the pitch.

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Thomas Müller peaked already?

Post by The Messiah Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:47 am

Sushi Master wrote:Petersen needs a loan spell, and Can, too. They are far too raw.

Usami I never understood, because Ribéry has no bench and he could be better than Müller depending on the opposition. I guess he wasn't physically ready yet, but if Kagawa came from J-League to God performances in a single step, at the very least Usami could have been used as a bench option.

The truth is, Bayern have thin depth, and Schweinsteiger out for a long time make it extremely hard to compete for multiple honors. Considering the resources he's had, Heynckes has done very well, IMO.

He's also not that much of a dinosaur... he switched Lahm's flank, turned Alaba into an LB, had extreme faith in Kroos which has paid off and fixed our supposedly crap defense. That's enough for me.

Yeah another good point, credit to JH for making our defense not laughable although it's still not among the best defence around, especially when the midfield doesn't provide enough cover.

But I think credit goes to Van Gaal for converting Alaba to a fullback, and also nearly almost every Manager had have faith in king Kroos because he's the best thing to come out of Bayern in a very long time, he's naturally talented and can not be ignored.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:47 am

As has been said, a season in which the Champions League semi-finals have been reached, the Cup final and likely a top two finish in the league is achieved is hardly a poor managerial performance, however the defensive instability of the team in the absence of Schweinsteiger is unacceptable for such a great team. He has been fantastic for Alaba and Kroos, however when points were being dropped in the league I really have to question his management of central midfield in the absence of Schweinsteiger. Any side would suffer in his absence, however there is still considerable talent and one has to question whether this was really the best that Bayern could have given this season, even with his injury.

I am a fan of continuity however, and I don't approve of sacking coaches lightly. When Müller continues to perform so well for Germany however one really has to wonder why a coach would choose to use him in such a restrictive role.

If Bayern fans are really unhappy with him however then please send him to Milan.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:55 am

Muller will not get playing time in Milan, the best bet for him is Bayern, because he will always start even when he plays badly like this season.

He's not that talented but nevertheless there is something very special about him and that alone make him unsellable and indispensable to us.

Another ideal will be to convert him to striker so he can play alongside Gomez, rather than playing him as AM. But I am afraid if that happens it will also infringe Toni Kroos development as well as David Alaba and other young prospect.

Also we'll not be able to bring in players like Lewandoski
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:58 am

Flexibility is a fantastic virtue, however it is also often abused by managers. In some cases the use of a player in a role that they are less comfortable in but still highly competent can greatly benefit the team. It can also restrict the potential of a team and player though if done so without better exploring other tactical alternatives.

One example that has been well discussed on this forum is that of Marchisio. He hadn't hit his potential, however he was doing an admirable job relative to his team mates in an uncomfortable position on the left. He was perhaps preferable to others in his team, yet not so much as to quash muttering of acquiring a better option from the transfer market from some circles. As has been seen when you allow a player to perform in their best role, they reward you and grow. It may sometimes take time, as with Boateng at Milan, or the likes of Caceres who was often placed into several positions throughout the backline in his first spell at Juventus, disrupting any sense of continuity he had. He will still represent a versatile option to the team, however he first needed to be allowed to establish himself in his preferred position.

Müller has earnt the right to be used in his most devastating position, particularly given that it allows Kroos to function in his preferred position as well and gives Bayern the balance that they can at times lack, particularly in the absence of Mr Piggy. This is by no means a fantastic season from Müller at club level, however so have plenty of big names this season in the squad, it's a tad harsh to suggest that of all those who have not pulled their weight at times, it is Müller who has been the pretender.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:04 am

Bayern Munich aren't a selling club, so I harbour no hopes of Müller ever arriving in Milan, however he would be very well suited to our side. I really believe your assessment of Müller as lacking talent is incredibly harsh. His movement, touch and passing all exhibit the characteristics of a highly intelligent forward, he's just not having a club season that measures up to the standards of his previous years, yet he'll undoubtedly bounce back.

Lewandowski is not going to be able to get the playing time he deserves at Bayern. Shaqiri is even unlikely to do so.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 am

Dostoevsky's Milan:
Abbiati
Abate - Silva - Nesta - Antonini
Bender - van Bommel - Bender
Muller
Ibra - Casano
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:01 pm

DOnt watch Bayern consistently... but if they strengthen, which positions do u guys think should be done? Is Gustavo or someone else a good enough DM? Alabalooked very good at LB, will he be there long term? Lahm seem disappointing this season and the CBs are slow.

Bayern looks strong in attack in the starting lineup but doesnt feel like got class backups for rotation. And looked weak in the middle vs Dortmund...

Just my observations Razz Oh and as someone mentioned, should Jupp be sacked if Bayern dont win anything?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:59 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Dostoevsky's Milan:
Abbiati
Muller
Ibra - Casano

Unlike Viva and Sushi, I wouldn't actually play the Double Bender if given the choice. Razz Also I generally dislike playing natural forwards as attacking midfielders, though I'm not opposed to this being employed in specific circumstances. There should be overlap between positions ideally - defenders should be able to pass like midfielders, midfielders should strive to tackle like defenders and have the movement of forwards, whilst forwards should press like midfielders. Müller has an excellent work rate and he's a disciplined player, however to ask him to set the tempo is to misuse him as an outlet.

Not to mention that we don't want to train the Germans to defeat Italian opposition in Serie A, lest they make a habit of it in their international games. Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 2 20ql8o9
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:56 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:Dostoevsky's Milan:
Abbiati
Muller
Ibra - Casano

Unlike Viva and Sushi, I wouldn't actually play the Double Bender if given the choice. Razz Also I generally dislike playing natural forwards as attacking midfielders, though I'm not opposed to this being employed in specific circumstances. There should be overlap between positions ideally - defenders should be able to pass like midfielders, midfielders should strive to tackle like defenders and have the movement of forwards, whilst forwards should press like midfielders. Müller has an excellent work rate and he's a disciplined player, however to ask him to set the tempo is to misuse him as an outlet.

Not to mention that we don't want to train the Germans to defeat Italian opposition in Serie A, lest they make a habit of it in their international games. Has Thomas Müller peaked already? - Page 2 20ql8o9

Ok, so just switch Cassano and Muller. and no double Bender? IMAGINE THE CHEMISTRY!!!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:44 am

Actually, I wouldn't drop Boateng, however this will go too far off topic if I just start discussing my plans for Milan when I haven't even finished my post for our actual thread back in our section. Razz
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:09 pm

More like Muller is declining, flop of the match and Bayern Munich entire season.

I wonder what happened to him.. last season and in the world cup he was killing it. Perfect positioning, timing, passing, attitude, most of it is gone now

I used to love Muller and stick up for him whenever he has an off game.. thats all gone now. He's so far off from his solid form its sad.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Was the best attacking player on the pitch in tonight's match. Can't support the knee-jerkery. Wasn't great, but played decent in an over-all shit match, in an unmotivated team was one of the few still trying to do things.

Still a boss.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:45 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Was the best attacking player on the pitch in tonight's match. Can't support the knee-jerkery. Wasn't great, but played decent in an over-all shit match, in an unmotivated team was one of the few still trying to do things.

Still a boss.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Suck it, everyone, man of the match, again. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Suck it, again. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat May 05, 2012 3:07 pm

This thread wouldn't exist if Müller was taking his chances... he's lately been taking them.

Awesome player, very underrated around here.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat May 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Müller stepping up for Gómez :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Backheel-goal.

Suck. It. Hard.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Muller is back to his usual Boss mode, we badly need it now more than ever, especially since Gomez is going nuts.

Muller is still the boss and he's back... :dance: :dance: :dance: suck it haters, Muller in decline my ass, he was deep in form but now he's hitting top gear again.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat May 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Müller getting back to form when it counts for the DFB Pokal final and the CL final. banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Aaaand another Idri-180 - lovin' it.

Hope Müller starts against Chelski.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 05, 2012 4:59 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Aaaand another Idri-180 - lovin' it.

Hope Müller starts against Chelski.

Muller off or deep in form means I took a 180degree turn, you are cracking me up.

More like Muller is back
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun May 20, 2012 12:16 am

Did start, scored, GOAT. Too bad he was taken off, hahaha. Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 20, 2012 12:17 am

Bayern lost the second he was taken off :coffee:

Would have buried his penalty like a boss.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 20, 2012 12:17 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Did start, scored, GOAT. Too bad he was taken off, hahaha. Very Happy

Viva, you guys deceived me.

How you gonna take off my boy when he's clearly your closer?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next