How highly do you rate Axel Witsel ?

4 posters

Go down

How highly do you rate Axel Witsel ? Empty How highly do you rate Axel Witsel ?

Post by S Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:48 am

I think this guy is a quality defensive midfielder.I thought he was impressive over both legs against Chelsea.

Maybe Milan missed out on him when they were linked with him.

I would like to hear opinions of fans who watch Liga Sagres regularly as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Axel Witsel ? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Axel Witsel ?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:01 am

awesome... not just defensively sound but also going forward, saw some highlights from CL and man he is pretty good.

its one of my biggest regret that i also rated him poorly. and milan were a bit stupid not to get him because actually it was all official interest and standard liege confirmed too, and braida had gone to scout and evaluate him, the same game according to media reports he didnt have good game and missed the penalty, and within that week we officially pulled out of the negotiation. it was 15 million deal about to happen wtf we missed quality player

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Axel Witsel ? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Axel Witsel ?

Post by S Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:04 am

And now if you want to sign him ,it will be so difficult cuz Portuguese clubs inflate transfer fees of their players.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:04 am

I remember sometime back his former team mate Steven Defour was actually rated higher than Witsel, but it looks like now Witsel has surpassed him as he has looked excellent when I have seen him.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 am

Surag wrote:And now if you want to sign him ,it will be so difficult cuz Portuguese clubs inflate transfer fees of their players.

absolutely no chance for us. yea exactly right. he is valued probably 30 million by now. thats how Portuguese clubs do business. they bought him for like 8 million or something close to that figure Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:10 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:I remember sometime back his former team mate Steven Defour was actually rated higher than Witsel, but it looks like now Witsel has surpassed him as he has looked excellent when I have seen him.

defour is pretty good as well, but yea its safe to say axel is better.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:38 am

Well to be fair, Axel is a regular and Defour isnt...Axel gets more of a showcase for his talent. Dont mean he is better really.

But yes, he is a very talented play and it seems the Benfica fans have taken to him too.

I wouldnt play him as your best defensive presence ( and Benfica do not) though.

His ability on the ball is very good, gets out of pressure, has some very neat turns to get out of trouble.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:29 pm

He's immense. Already loved by fans and he's been a great signing for Benfica overall.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down