De Laurentiis: Del Piero should stay at Juventus

Go down

De Laurentiis: Del Piero should stay at Juventus  Empty De Laurentiis: Del Piero should stay at Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:51 am

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has revealed his admiration for Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero but believes the Italian should end his career in Turin.

Juve announced in October that they would part company with the Bianconeri legend at the end of the season but De Laurentiis says it does not make much sense to bring the 37-year-old to the Stadio San Paolo.

"I adore him because he is a very polite person," De Laurentiis told Tuttosport. "I would also see him as a leader.

"But to think of Del Piero only as a player to hire for a year would not make sense, especially for him. In that case, the best thing would be for him to stay at Juve.

"You are looking for a permanent solution and not the appendage of a single year that would add nothing to his extraordinary career."

Meanwhile, De Laurentiis was again moved to reiterate that he has no intention of allowing star trio Edinson Cavani, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Marek Hamsik to leave the club.

"They are liked by many but De Laurentiis has their contracts," the film producer said, referring to himself in the third person.

"I have always honoured my commitments and I expect that the others will do likewise. They are not for sale."

De Laurentiis also denied that Lavezzi has a buyout clause in his contract and argued that the Argentine would be foolish to leave Napoli anyway.

"When he enters the San Paolo he is an idol," he pointed out. "If he comes off during the game, he is overwhelmed by the applause. Would that happen with an English or Russian club?"

De Laurentiis will get to watch Del Piero in action this weekend, with Napoli due at Juventus Stadium on Sunday night for a crucial Serie A clash.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down