rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
Bellabong
Rossoneri Ninja
REWB
urbaNRoots
15 posters

Go down

"Debatable decisions" Table of the EPL Empty "Debatable decisions" Table of the EPL

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 am

Or known as "Scandal in ze EPL Part Un"

"Debatable decisions" Table of the EPL Lmfao10
"Debatable decisions" Table of the EPL Rofl10
The Referee Bias Index (100 = Total Bias in Favour of Team; 0 = Total Bias Against) is revealing with regard to football clubs that are systemically targeted over seasons within their leagues.

Take Arsenal.

In the last 7 seasons in the Premier League, Arsenal have not once achieved the average total of 50.
Arsenal's average index for this window is 38.

In the same period Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester City have fallen below the 50 threshold on just four occasions...
... in total!
Between them!!

Out of 35 occurrences for the Big Five, 31 resulted in a positive bias.
Out of 7 seasons for Arsenal, not one did.

Chelsea average 61.
And Liverpool 64 which makes it even more remarkable that they struggle even to qualify for the Champions League.

This level of bifurcation is significant.
It is not possible to win titles carrying the Arsenal handicapping weight - in our databases, there are no instances in any major European league over the last decade and a half where the title has been won with a Referee Index below 40.

What a weird fluke!

NB Referee Index calculated as follows: Key Penalty or Sending Off +/-1 (only valid if relevant, ie a Penalty awarded in 90th min at 0-4 down is irrelevant); Ghost Goal +/-1; Foul/Booking Average >10 +0.5; Foul/Booking Average <5 -0.5; Penalties and Sendings Off not given -/+1; Penalties and Sendings Off mistakenly given +/-1. Each match is totalised and cumulated over the season and the Referee Index = (Total Integer in Favour of Club/ Total Seasonal Integer) x 100.

Sources: http://www.debatabledecisions.com/tables
http://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-incredible-fluke-xii_18.html
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

"Debatable decisions" Table of the EPL Empty Re: "Debatable decisions" Table of the EPL

Post by REWB Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:50 am

We would have won the title in 07/08 we had fair refereeing decisions , we were the best epl team that year imo, we played everyone off the park.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

"Debatable decisions" Table of the EPL Empty Re: "Debatable decisions" Table of the EPL

Post by REWB Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:52 am

i cant edit that comment but i meant "IF we had fair refereeing decisions"
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 am

Refereeing decisions had nothing to do with Arsenal choking in crucial moments during every season.

I lost count of the times when you had the opportunity to grab first when Man U or Chelsea dropped points, but you never took them. Or that season when u were clear ahead of everyone in the league only for arsenal to draw next 8 or 10 games in a row to hand the title to Man U.

Man u never fails to take advantage when their rivals drop points and thats why they have won the league more than anybody else the past 10 years.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 am

Didn't it become cliché that Arsenal would establish a strong lead in the first half of the season only to choke in the 2nd half?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:16 pm

I know that as a Barca fan this year I'm no one to speak, but every year an Arsenal fan posts a table of what ifs. Last year it was "what the table would look like if Arsenal finished their chances".
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:22 pm

In Germany we have a website called "Wahre Tabelle" (=True Table) for a while now - you can check the results since 2006/07 there and it is pretty interesting: http://www.wahretabelle.de/wahretabelle/wahre-tabelle.php

BTW, they have some more fun stats there including who fouls most, who kills the most chances etc.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:23 pm

We could have won the EPL if we had bought that one player, we have always been one player away, at the crucial part of the season we would lose a main player and no one to replace him with.

GK
CB
Striker.

Wenger has to take the blame here.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:17 am

rwo power wrote:In Germany we have a website called "Wahre Tabelle" (=True Table) for a while now - you can check the results since 2006/07 there and it is pretty interesting: http://www.wahretabelle.de/wahretabelle/wahre-tabelle.php

BTW, they have some more fun stats there including who fouls most, who kills the most chances etc.
Does killing chances count as finishing them or missing them?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:41 am

REWB wrote:We would have won the title in 07/08 we had fair refereeing decisions , we were the best epl team that year imo, we played everyone off the park.

u lost to united away and drew with us 2-2 in extra time. WTF am I reading?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:51 am

jibers wrote:
REWB wrote:We would have won the title in 07/08 we had fair refereeing decisions , we were the best epl team that year imo, we played everyone off the park.

Our team was better individually and as a team than yours though
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:16 am

Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:
jibers wrote:

LOL, Rooney was better than everyone in your team, so was Ronaldo, Hargreaves was the best Cm, Scholes, the best United back line, we won the CL...rofl...individually, rigggghhhhhttt.....LOOOOL

As a team what did you win? Nothing, that same team reached an FA cup final the season before, won the prem and reached a cl final again. Get a grip ffs. LOL, Individually, Ronaldo was better than half your damn team ffs. VDS > Almunia ROFL. This has to be the worst post I have read on GL, and that takes some doing...well done.... ROFL

O before I forget wheer was your betetr team and individuals when a not full squad United trashed a full strength Arsenal in the FA cup 5th round 4-0, where Nani made your defence look like a joke...lol...Nani tore your team apart that game and your team...personified by that thug Gallas tried injuring him...

I await your well thougfht out response...

Last edited by jibers on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:21 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I know that as a Barca fan this year I'm no one to speak, but every year an Arsenal fan posts a table of what ifs. Last year it was "what the table would look like if Arsenal finished their chances".

I didn't say IF or WHAT IF, just posted a debatable decisions table that isn't even made by an Arsenal fan.

The fact that an Arsenal fan posted it doesn't mean anything, there are other things that are pointed out. Like the fact that Man Utd isn't even that helped this year like people say or Man City doesn't have a reason to call for the referees like they're doing, Stoke City being ridiculously helped etc.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:24 am

Mole's going to flip when he sees Sunderland above Newcastle. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 am

United trashed a full strength Arsenal in the FA cup 5th round 4-0

Arsenal team that match

Arsenal: Lehmann, Justin Hoyte, Gallas, Toure, Traore, Eboue, Fabregas , Silva, Hleb , Eduardo , Bendtner.

scratch
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:30 am

RealGunner wrote:
United trashed a full strength Arsenal in the FA cup 5th round 4-0

Arsenal team that match

Arsenal: Lehmann, Justin Hoyte, Gallas, Toure, Traore, Eboue, Fabregas , Silva, Hleb , Eduardo , Bendtner.

scratch

Lol you caught me. We still gave your team a hiding and we were still the better team, evidence is the trophies the European double...individually and as a team...yea...ROFL

PS RG.... :vagi:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:33 am

i really dont want to end up in this debate or whatever but we did have a great team that season, and i know its excuses but if eduardo hadnt broke his leg , who knows what would have happened. We had a 5 points lead till match Sad

But since united won the treble, little to contest who was the best that season
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:37 am

RealGunner wrote:i really dont want to end up in this debate or whatever but we did have a great team that season, and i know its excuses but if eduardo hadnt broke his leg , who knows what would have happened. We had a 5 points lead till match Sad

But since united won the treble, little to contest who was the best that season

Yea read what he wrote, we beat you 2 out of three, drew the othyer one in last minutes of extra time, but your team was better individually and as a team? Doesn't make any sense. You got knocked out by a Pool team in the cl that we beat 1-0 away at Anfield and thrashed 3-0. There really isn't any arguement, we had a better GK, better defence, the best in Europe that season, the better MF, Scholes and Hargreaves were GOATs and the best attack in Europe that season, tevz, rooney and Ronaldo. So on every level Ali was wrong. You're right about Eduardo though, the game against Birmingham was the turning point, I rememebr Gallas huffing and acting like a mug...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:40 am

jibers wrote:
jibers wrote:

LOL, Rooney was better than everyone in your team, so was Ronaldo, Hargreaves was the best Cm, Scholes, the best United back line, we won the CL...rofl...individually, rigggghhhhhttt.....LOOOOL

As a team what did you win? Nothing, that same team reached an FA cup final the season before, won the prem and reached a cl final again. Get a grip ffs. LOL, Individually, Ronaldo was better than half your damn team ffs. VDS > Almunia ROFL. This has to be the worst post I have read on GL, and that takes some doing...well done.... ROFL

O before I forget wheer was your betetr team and individuals when a not full squad United trashed a full strength Arsenal in the FA cup 5th round 4-0, where Nani made your defence look like a joke...lol...Nani tore your team apart that game and your team...personified by that thug Gallas tried injuring him...

We were leading the EPL race all year until Eduardo's injury where the teams moral fell apart and then we collapsed. You also won last year but your team was absolute shite, and when Porto won the CL there were many teams that were better than them. Just because you win doesn't mean you are better individually.

Our midfield held possession the best in the whole league. Hargreaves could not hold a spark to any of the CMs we had at the time. Fabregas, Flamini, Rosicky, Hleb, Adebayor >> Rooney at the time, how many did Ade slot that season? He was phenomenal, but people forget that he was insane with us that season.

Kolo Toure is an invincible and was one hell of a defender and Eboue was one of if not the best RB at the time. Clichy was doing well. Gallas wasn't bad at all at the time as well but he wasn't something I'm going to brag about. Almunia is a weak spot and mock him as much as you'd like. Eduardo was one of the best finishers at the time and we had a van Persie on the team. If you want to bring up the fact that he didn't play much and try to say "he wasn't that good at the time" He scored 10 goals and made 6 assists in 21 games. I don't need to remind anyone what a monster Flamini was.

On top of all this we played a very fluid game and it was very hard to hold the ball against us, let alone play us. We were mentally weak and that is what lead to our downfall.

Also, once upon a time you could debate on Goallegacy without being laughing at or disrespected.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:48 am

jibers wrote:
jibers wrote:

We were leading the EPL race all year until Eduardo's injury where the teams moral fell apart and then we collapsed. You also won last year but your team was absolute shite, and when Porto won the CL there were many teams that were better than them. Just because you win doesn't mean you are better individually.

Our midfield held possession the best in the whole league. Hargreaves could not hold a spark to any of the CMs we had at the time. Fabregas, Flamini, Rosicky, Hleb, Adebayor >> Rooney at the time, how many did Ade slot that season? He was phenomenal, but people forget that he was insane with us that season.

Kolo Toure is an invincible and was one hell of a defender and Eboue was one of if not the best RB at the time. Clichy was doing well. Gallas wasn't bad at all at the time as well but he wasn't something I'm going to brag about. Almunia is a weak spot and mock him as much as you'd like. Eduardo was one of the best finishers at the time and we had a van Persie on the team. If you want to bring up the fact that he didn't play much and try to say "he wasn't that good at the time" He scored 10 goals and made 6 assists in 21 games. I don't need to remind anyone what a monster Flamini was.

On top of all this we played a very fluid game and it was very hard to hold the ball against us, let alone play us. We were mentally weak and that is what lead to our downfall.

Also, once upon a time you could debate on Goallegacy without being laughing at or disrespected.

Sorry about the laughing. You said as a team as well so don't hold back. As I said, We had the best back four without question in Europe that season

Van Der Sar was better than Your Goalie, Our back four was unquestionably better, Hargreaves was one of the best CMs in Europe at the time and Scholes, was Scholes, arguably the best CM in the last 2 decades, our attack was Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney and ROnaldo. Rooney was better than Adebayor ffs, Rooney wasn't a striker and was used to create space for Ronaldo with the way David Villa and Pedro are used for MEssi in Barcelona last season, resulting in 40+ goals for Ronaldo, Adebayor barely scored 30+. United didn't have an out and out forward. We were the best last season whetehr you like it or not, we beat you, chelsea, spurs and all the big boys. So what are you on about? We had the best team and the better indivduals, Rooney played mostly on the wing that season.

Better indivuduals doesnt mean rubbish, so how is your claim you were the better team holding up? Where you the better team when we smahed you 4-0, when you needed a last minute goal to draw at home or when we beat you 2-1 at OT to knock you oiut of the title race? I await you response.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:50 am

Oh, but my bad, I think the United treble team is one of the best of our time, I meant that we were better for most of the season but we were mentally weak, and being mentally strong is usually what determines a fantastic team. Lazyness made me seem ignorant lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:07 am

stuff like this is a load of crap, who says all those penalties wouldve been scored and who says the season wouldve panned out exactly the same if even one of these decisions had been give ie. the butterfly effect

having said that it would be nice to be in the top four
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:37 am

"Debatable decisions" Table of the EPL Talkshow_buttonpop

Nice sig Raptorgunner.
Catalan power! Anna Simon! I'm in love with that girl.

Jibers, your zyzz loveis creepy.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 am

free_cat wrote:"Debatable decisions" Table of the EPL Talkshow_buttonpop

Nice sig Raptorgunner.
Catalan power! Anna Simon! I'm in love with that girl.

Jibers, your zyzz loveis creepy.

Zyzz was not a person. Zyzz is merely a personification of a way of lifestyle, just like Catalans...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 pm

We would have won it in 08/09 if it wasn't for shitty referee mistakes. we were by far the best team that season. Murdered United at Old Trafford. I still can't believe that perfectly fine goal by Gerrard vs Stoke wasn't counted. Offside my ass.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum