The Franchise
7amood11
jibers
82 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 16 Empty Re: Xavi vs Pirlo

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:28 pm

And does not matter one bit whether the stats are from different games. Even when they are on the same pitch, they may as well be playing in different games, given their teams are very different

DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:He only recognised stats dont tell the whole story after i wrote it. Seems like he moved moved the goal posts because it sure seemed like he was suggesting xavi had a better game before then.

Not really

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Just waiting for franshise to come along and pawn RG and futbal for using stats to say xavi was better Very Happy or does it only matter when its pirlo

I was explaining why Xavi was not shit in the italy game because People have this weird idea that pirlo destroyed Spain for some reason. Stats never tell the full story but i am backing my point using them for that particular game.
I never said Xavi was shit on the first Italy game,I said that Pirlo was better and outshadowed Xavi for the entire competition bar the final.And Pirlo was amazing in that game,conducted every counter attack and gave that goat assist to Di Natale

For the record,I'm not biased towards Pirlo,I couldn't care less about him now
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:He only recognised stats dont tell the whole story after i wrote it. Seems like he moved moved the goal posts because it sure seemed like he was suggesting xavi had a better game before then.

If its okay to say one had a better game because of a statistical analysis, then its logical to say the same about a career. You realise a career is just a series of games?

Please, dont be so silly.

One game where they played directly against each other is not the same as an entire career with 99% vs different opponants...if you cant see the difference there is no hope for you.

And again, he quantified it by saying its not the entire story anyway.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:42 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Just waiting for franshise to come along and pawn RG and futbal for using stats to say xavi was better Very Happy or does it only matter when its pirlo

I was explaining why Xavi was not shit in the italy game because People have this weird idea that pirlo destroyed Spain for some reason. Stats never tell the full story but i am backing my point using them for that particular game.

It was just like one person tbh..And many over here(at the time of that game) thought that Pirlo had a better game than Xavi over the 90 mins but you used stats to prove the opposite like passing accuracy and total passes.

Why was Pirlo better then ?

This comment indicates that..

And as for bias i can tell you i have read this thread pretty well and there are quite a few unbiased posts mostly from Non-Barca fans but no ,Franchise doesnt want to backtrack to the insanely biased comment when he made when he said "xavi's passing is on a whole another level"(i dont know how do you even back this up lol) and just generalizes by saying everyone is biased here..I happen to agree with Epoto actually.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 pm

You questioned why pirlo was better but you didnt question why the stats mean xavi was better. So, obviously that seemed like you were supporting xavistats
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:48 pm

The Franchise wrote:

If its okay to say one had a better game because of a statistical analysis, then its logical to say the same about a career. You realise a career is just a series of games?

Please, dont be so silly.

One game where they played directly against each other is not the same as an entire career with 99% vs different opponants...if you cant see the difference there is no hope for you.

And again, he quantified it by saying its not the entire story anyway.

And pirlo playing against spain is not the same as xavi playing against italy. If its okay to say xavi owns pirlo in stats when he plays against pirlos inferior team, then its fine to say pirlo owns xavi when he makes a career playing inferior opponents (not saying that is actually true). Its the same stupid unfair logic
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:58 pm

No.

Clearly your having a problem with context.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Surag wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

It was just like one person tbh..And many over here(at the time of that game) thought that Pirlo had a better game than Xavi over the 90 mins but you used stats to prove the opposite like passing accuracy and total passes.

Why was Pirlo better then ?

This comment indicates that..

And as for bias i can tell you i have read this thread pretty well and there are quite a few unbiased posts mostly from Non-Barca fans but no ,Franchise doesnt want to backtrack to the insanely biased comment when he made when he said "xavi's passing is on a whole another level"(i dont know how do you even back this up lol) and just generalizes by saying everyone is biased here..I happen to agree with Epoto actually.

Bias or not, he is, take it or leave. Dunno what you want me to say? Im not going to back track from something which is true.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:06 pm

I find it funny that you dont want to admit its an unfair comparsion
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Then dont generalize by saying everyone is biased because they're not.

Yours and Alexjanosik's opinions in particular vastly differs from the rest be it neutrals,Milan/Juve fans or anyone for that matter and it defeats the entire purpose of this thread because its pointless debating with people who are so pro-Xavi.

And it is not true and you know it but unfortunately you have too big of an ego to admit that.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Surag wrote:Then dont generalize by saying everyone is biased because they're not.

Yours and Alexjanosik's opinions in particular vastly differs from the rest be it neutrals,Milan/Juve fans or anyone for that matter and it defeats the entire purpose of this thread because its pointless debating with people who are so pro-Xavi.

And it is not true and you know it but unfortunately you have too big of an ego to admit that.

So you, juventus101, Cassius_Case or Luca are not biased towards Pirlo..?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Finally i'll leave this thread by mentioning this one comment.

MrNick09 wrote:to say that Pirlo doesnt have the same level of intelligence, technique, passing and vision as xavi is just shameful.

:coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Surag wrote:Then dont generalize by saying everyone is biased because they're not.

No..Not as much as Alex and Franchise's one single post earlier in thread has indicated..Certainly not Luca..Read his post in the 1st page..Besides why are you bringing trolls like Juve101's posts into teh equation ?A lot of neutrals have posted in this thread too.

Over their careers i have always acknowledged Xavi as better than Pirlo but i only prefer Pirlo because he has an appealing style.That is all..Tata
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Surag wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

No..Not as much as Alex and Franchise's one single post earlier in thread has indicated..Certainly not Luca..Read his post in the 1st page

Over their careers i have always acknowledged Xavi as better than Pirlo but i only prefer Pirlo because he has an appealing style.That is all..Tata

LOL Please.

You are bias, we are bias, stop the cry fest. You just dont agree with us, thats it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:31 pm

Surag wrote:Finally i'll leave this thread by mentioning this one comment.

MrNick09 wrote:to say that Pirlo doesnt have the same level of intelligence, technique, passing and vision as xavi is just shameful.

:coffee:

Again, thats just an opinion. Since when did Nick become the bible of football?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:I find it funny that you dont want to admit its an unfair comparsion

I think you need to lay down, I have no idea what your on about.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:39 pm

I agree with dani. In pretty much every aspect besides pure creativity really, xavi is superior then pirlo.

What I mean by pure creativity, is the amount of tricks up "the sleeve". Pirlo has more imo has a more unique way of playing. But thats just me.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:56 pm

I am not Alex or Dani (not agreeing about if they are biased or not btw ), neither i am a barcelona fan but i still have the same opinion of Xavi as i did in the summer. For me He is the best CM of this generation. The way he has dominated football in the last 6 years for both club and country, It's unbelievable. He is the complete midfielder and i highly doubt anyone can do what he did in the coming years.

But i am biased as well, Just because i say he is the Best CM for me, he doesn't automatically become my favourite.

I personally rate Riquelme ahead of both Xavi and Pirlo. And fabregas as well Wink

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Luca wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Nope. Your also bias. The better Pirlo looks, the better Serie A/Italy looks. Im sure you have no intrest in that though.

I think you're reading just a little too much into this
Not everyone has to have ulterior motives, ridiculous

He's a big boy, I reckon he can handle himself dont you?

Well, given that this is a public forum...
And how ironic that it was only a page ago where you stuck up for someone else against my post and now criticize me for doing the same, now, hypocrisy does not make a point invalid but the irony is amusing nonetheless

In any case, were all biased... absolutely. But there is a difference between being biased and using sound logic to support your claims and being biased and having those biases pollute your post.

Look closely at my posts for example, I have not even had to argue one claim (apart from Pirlo being Italy's best player at the Euro), yet I can still add to this discussion simply by dismissing flawed logic, biased filled posts.

Xavi having a superior game than Pirlo in the Euro final simply doesn't justify him being the better player and I think deep down everyone knows that. Just like it won't take a world cup victory for Messi to be remembered as one of the greatest.

Pirlo and Xavi are both legends in their own respects and we should just leave it at that. At the end of the day, we can all bring in stats or specific examples to support our claims but no one's opinion has changed as a result of someone else's post in this thread and it's probably due to biases and stubbornness and that's completely fine.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Dude, this is long.

We going backwards and forwards about who is bias, if they bias or whatever...seriously, do you care that much?

I could write 3 paragraphs explaining my point but its long. This aint going anywhere in a hurry.

I would say lets get back on topic, but the topic itself is done to death and nothing new is going to come out of it.

At this point, its so dead I cant even be bothered to argue about peoples post...rather than logic behind it.

Alex post wasnt as bad as the others I was thinking about on that same page, thats all I said and I stick to it. I really dont have anything else to say on the matter.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Xavi is better :coffee:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:49 pm

Donuts wrote:Xavi is better :coffee:

So much biased answer here Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:52 pm

haha maybe so, but when I go to a football bar here in Mexico and we talk about midfield, everyone uses Xavi as an example how he is the peak in his position in todays game etc.
So me thinking Xavi may be bias but survey people around the world and they will say Xavi is also better.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:44 am

Donuts wrote:haha maybe so, but when I go to a football bar here in Mexico and we talk about midfield, everyone uses Xavi as an example how he is the peak in his position in todays game etc.
So me thinking Xavi may be bias but survey people around the world and they will say Xavi is also better.

Because football bars in Mexico are the best places to gather information at
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:07 am

Very Happy both of them are slow and short Very Happy they both need someone else to do the physical part , defending part . I didn't know xavi prior to 2006 , pep found a way to use xavi's strength and made him a world class , pirlo on the other hand was playing well untill Gatusso was playing well and you can say after that he wasnt good now juventus got vidal to do what gatusso used to do
1 game is never a good scale , every player has off day , i saw barcelona fans are keep bringing Euro final , i want to remind this quote from Goal.com about the game between Spain and Portugal, "he was crowded out to the extent that he was unable to exert his usual influence to the extent that he was subbed late in the game" but that doesn't make him superior to Pirlo either , football is a team game and performance of players depends a great deal on how they adapt to style of play
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next