The Franchise
7amood11
jibers
82 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 14 Empty Re: Xavi vs Pirlo

Post by Cassius Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:04 pm

looks like Pirlo currently, stastistic wise, make's Xavi look like his bitch.

Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Yeah. The amount of long balls, shots taken and interceptions clearly prove how superior Pirlo is. That's how football works. While we're at it why don't we compare their FM statistics. Like "pace", "strenght" etc.

In other words. I'll just leave this here:

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 14 Xavi-120701-PosingWithCup-G-300

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 14 Tumblr_m6i3wwLZ2Z1qlpkzjo1_400

:coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Pirlo without a Euro cup >>> Xavi with a WC + euro :coffee:

trophies are won by the team, not just one player :coffee:

I suppose he's better then messi too s he's not won the WC hmm

Also, Pirlo is better looking than Xavi, check dem slugs. :coffee:
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Pirlo > Xavi. End of story.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:44 pm

To be the man,you got to beat the man.
When it mattered Xavi wiped the floor with Pirlo and left him crying.And Xavi has been imperious this season.Pirlo getting supposedly superior teams in a poor leaggue doesnt change that.
Useless stats aside,if Barca meet Juventus,the result will be the same. Xavi wiping the floor with Pirlo.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Both are class. Pirlo has more flair while Xavi has more control.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Xavi never wiped the floor with Pirlo. Italy played an experiment lineup and it backfired. When Italy played with a familiar lineup, Pirlo outplayed Xavi. Also, if Barca beats Juve at some.point, it will not be because of Xavi. It will be because of Messi. Also, head to head is not very credible because there are 20 other players on the pitch. Ill use an american football example. Tom Brady cannot beat Eli Manning. Manning has his number, but i have a friend who is a die hard Giants fan, and even he admits that Eli is not on Bradys level. Another comparison: if head to head is what proves something, then Ronaldo is better than Messi, since Ronaldo and Madrid have come out on top recently in the Classicos. So as i said, theres other players on the field. Pirlo has been dominant, one of the best in the world in his position or sometimes even the best, consistently for 10 years now. Xavi has had 4 good years, before that he was a nobody. Weird that he exploded when Messi came around...
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:16 pm

juventus101 wrote:Xavi never wiped the floor with Pirlo. Italy played an experiment lineup and it backfired. When Italy played with a familiar lineup, Pirlo outplayed Xavi. Also, if Barca beats Juve at some.point, it will not be because of Xavi. It will be because of Messi. Also, head to head is not very credible because there are 20 other players on the pitch. Ill use an american football example. Tom Brady cannot beat Eli Manning. Manning has his number, but i have a friend who is a die hard Giants fan, and even he admits that Eli is not on Bradys level. Another comparison: if head to head is what proves something, then Ronaldo is better than Messi, since Ronaldo and Madrid have come out on top recently in the Classicos. So as i said, theres other players on the field. Pirlo has been dominant, one of the best in the world in his position or sometimes even the best, consistently for 10 years now. Xavi has had 4 good years, before that he was a nobody. Weird that he exploded when Messi came around...

don't embaras yourself
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:25 am

Who was he before Messi exploded in 08? Okay he wasnt a nobody, but he wasnt anywhere near Pirlos level. To claim he was is just ridiculous.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:24 am

Cabaye>both, unless they dominate EPL.
Either of them should come to United to prove themselves.

Disgraceful fanboys rule this thread.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:13 pm

juventus101 wrote:Who was he before Messi exploded in 08?
watch the games and see for yourself. the fact that Deco was orchestrating the game and he played a deeper role didn't make him less vital for the team.
Anyway you go with the "he was just an OK player" if that makes you feel better, but you'd still be wrong
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Xavi was not anywhere near Pirlos level pre-2008. Pirlo plays a deeper role, yet atill controls the game. Xavi played a deeper role and WAS less effective. So again,.he was not anywhere near Pirlos level pre-2008.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:05 pm

alexjanosik wrote:To be the man,you got to beat the man.
When it mattered Xavi wiped the floor with Pirlo and left him crying.And Xavi has been imperious this season.Pirlo getting supposedly superior teams in a poor leaggue doesnt change that.
Useless stats aside,if Barca meet Juventus,the result will be the same. Xavi wiping the floor with Pirlo.

What's funny is some people actually might follow this crude, baseless logic lmao

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Thats crude and baseless but comparing two midfielders by stats, even though they dont play the same position is fine?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:23 pm

The Franchise wrote:Thats crude and baseless but comparing two midfielders by stats, even though they dont play the same position is fine?

No, I never advocated that either
but saying x is better than y because x's team would beat y's is just as bad as saying x is better because his passing accuracy is 89.6 and y's is 89.4

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:35 pm

The point im trying to get at is, that post isnt the worse on the page, let alone the entire thread.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:The point im trying to get at is, that post isnt the worse on the page, let alone the entire thread.

Fair enough but two wrongs don't make a right

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:The point im trying to get at is, that post isnt the worse on the page, let alone the entire thread.

The Franchise wrote:I find it very hard to believe, a player as static as Pirlo can do what Xavi does. And as good as Pirlo is at passing, he still isnt on Xavi's level by any measure. Through balls, consistency, passing under pressure...Pirlo is great, but Xavi is another step up.

Its sort of like how people insisted Cesc was just as good, maybe some still believe it IDK, but if it wasnt clear before, its clear now he really isnt on that level.

I find it very funny people say Pirlo is better defensively, he cant defend a traffic cone.

Pirlo has done well under different systems? Which?

Juve and old Milan really dont play that much of a different style at all.

And yet i find this incredibly biased post from you good sir.

First off i wasnt even trying to make a comparison here..It was just some random stats i found across the net that i decided to post..

Besides a Barca fan initiated this argument when he started talking smack about Xavi and 'assists' on another thread which urged me to post it here.

Although everyone in this thread have unanimously agreed that it comes down to preferences in the end and have acknowledged both as legendary midfielders in their own right.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Its an opinion, you dont have to agree with it, but there is nothing outragous about it nor is it based on something stupid.

Basing opinions on stats (for a midfielder) or saying Xavi was a nobody at any point in time, in fact, is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:48 pm

But you cant point fingers at others when you make biased posts like that yourself.

And Saying 'Xavi's passing is on a whole another level' is infact outrageous and all but portrays fanboyism.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:57 pm

First of all, everyones post here is bias. Dont be so niave.

Second, I am not talking about peoples bias post. I am talking about posts lacking in logic.

If someone wants to be bias, then thats normal, but to say factually inaccuarate things, or things lacking the correct perspective, then obviously thats different.

Thirdly, his passing is in my opinion..its an opinion and I could back it up.

I would like someone to try and back up Xavi being a nobody before Pep, or trying to justify the use of stats for two players playing different positions.

Finally, my recent post was only made to say, Alex's post wasnt that bad in comparison to some of the others being mentioned. My intention is not to criticise anyone, rather protect someone, because it was unfair.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:30 pm

juventus101 wrote:Xavi was not anywhere near Pirlos level pre-2008. Pirlo plays a deeper role, yet atill controls the game. Xavi played a deeper role and WAS less effective. So again,.he was not anywhere near Pirlos level pre-2008.

kindly elaborate on how he was less efective.
he was played out of possition and yet he was a vital part of Rjkard's team.
The fact that the like of Ronie and Deco orchestrated the game doesn't make his contribution less significant. And again, he was utilized in a different role than the one he realy shines in
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:58 am

The Franchise wrote:First of all, everyones post here is bias. Dont be so niave.

Second, I am not talking about peoples bias post. I am talking about posts lacking in logic.

If someone wants to be bias, then thats normal, but to say factually inaccuarate things, or things lacking the correct perspective, then obviously thats different.

I would like someone to try and back up Xavi being a nobody before Pep, or trying to justify the use of stats for two players playing different positions.

Finally, my recent post was only made to say, Alex's post wasnt that bad in comparison to some of the others being mentioned. My intention is not to criticise anyone, rather protect someone, because it was unfair.

Not really , unless you be Barcelona fan or juventus/Milan fan which as a matter of a fact you are (based on ur profile)
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:09 am

Epoto wrote:
The Franchise wrote:First of all, everyones post here is bias. Dont be so niave.

Not really , unless you be Barcelona fan or juventus/Milan fan which as a matter of a fact you are (based on ur profile)

Nice fact :coffee: Seriously, it's a debate that people assess. Of course there will be biased answers when a player from your club is compared to another person from another club...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Fact is, right now, Xavi and Pirlo are both elite, world class misfielders. I believe Pirlo is bettrt, but thats all opinion. Anothr fact is, Pirlo has been playing at this level for a decade. Xavis been at this level for 4 years. And for all of those 4 years, Xavi has been supported by a player alot of people believe will become the best of all time, if hes not already. Pirlo never had that. Its not iust a coincidence that Xavi and Messi exploded at the same time. Xavi was coming up on 30 when Mssai exploded, so its also not that he only now in the last 4 years reached his potential. Messi makes Xavi look on par with Pirlo. Take Messi out of the equation, such as pre-2008, and its clear for all to see that Xavi is the better player.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:52 pm

juventus101 wrote:Fact is, right now, Xavi and Pirlo are both elite, world class misfielders. I believe Pirlo is bettrt, but thats all opinion. Anothr fact is, Pirlo has been playing at this level for a decade. Xavis been at this level for 4 years. And for all of those 4 years, Xavi has been supported by a player alot of people believe will become the best of all time, if hes not already. Pirlo never had that. Its not iust a coincidence that Xavi and Messi exploded at the same time. Xavi was coming up on 30 when Mssai exploded, so its also not that he only now in the last 4 years reached his potential. Messi makes Xavi look on par with Pirlo. Take Messi out of the equation, such as pre-2008, and its clear for all to see that Xavi is the better player.
juventus101 wrote:Fact is, right now, Xavi and Pirlo are both elite, world class misfielders. I believe Pirlo is bettrt, but thats all opinion. Anothr fact is, Pirlo has been playing at this level for a decade. Xavis been at this level for 4 years. And for all of those 4 years, Xavi has been supported by a player alot of people believe will become the best of all time, if hes not already. Pirlo never had that. Its not iust a coincidence that Xavi and Messi exploded at the same time. Xavi was coming up on 30 when Mssai exploded, so its also not that he only now in the last 4 years reached his potential. Messi makes Xavi look on par with Pirlo. Take Messi out of the equation, such as pre-2008, and its clear for all to see that Xavi is the better player.

How has Pirlo been at this level for 10 years?For around 3 years near the end of his Milan tenure he was poor.So much so that Milan considered him surplus to requirements and let him go for free.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next