Can Benfica, marseille, and Apoel upset the odds?

+15
leemhuis
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
rsinatra
The Messiah
Zealous
manlio
stunt
Lord Hades
EarlyPrototype
adnyana179
teamanarchy
dronte
juanitocarlio
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Can Benfica, marseille, and Apoel upset the odds? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Benfica, marseille, and Apoel upset the odds?

Post by leemhuis Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 18:07

Benfica will go through, but they are not the underdog. Benfica are two time champions, Chelsea have never won a CL and won't this year either.

leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Can Benfica, marseille, and Apoel upset the odds? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Benfica, marseille, and Apoel upset the odds?

Post by S Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 18:14

"Same Mourinho-Esque football" That is a myth.Real Madrid play some of the best football in Europe though thats got to do with the quality and supreme technical ability of their attackers.In short Madrid under Mou do play sexy football.Calling Chelsea under Mou being light years better than Mou's Real
in terms of the brand of football is quite frankly ridiculous.Plus there is vast difference between Spanish football and English football and it all comes down to preference in the end.

You know an apt comparison of Mou's Chelsea would be that Mou's Inter ,have you watched Mou's Inter ?Disciplined and organized defending,clinical wins with barely any flashy football style.Now i dont need to watch every Chelsea game to make this judgement.

The only watchable Chelsea side in Abramovich era was Ancelotti's team and even they were boring sometimes.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 18:20

Surag wrote:"Same Mourinho-Esque football" That is a myth.Real Madrid play some of the best football in Europe though thats got to do with the quality and supreme technical ability of their attackers.In short Madrid under Mou do play sexy football.Calling Chelsea under Mou being light years better than Mou's Real
in terms of the brand of football is quite frankly ridiculous.

You know an apt comparison of Mou's Chelsea would be that Mou's Inter ,have you watched Mou's Inter ?Disciplined and organized defending,clinical wins with barely any flashy football style.Now i dont need to watch every Chelsea game to make this judgement.

The only watchable Chelsea side in Abramovich era was Ancelotti's team and even they were boring sometimes.
Drogba, Joe Cole, Duff, Robben, Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Makelele, etc are not exactly Ronaldo, Di Maria, Ozil, Benzema, Higuain, Alonso, etc.

Notice that the Madrid players I mentioned possess more technical ability and skill while the Chelsea players I mentioned are more of strength & power type of players. Same thing with the Inter players. Its still the same football, its just a different set of players. The Madrid players' individual skill set has got a role to play in that too.

Plus, I would admit they have become a tad bit more attacking this season, but only because Mourinho tweaked his tactics a little because his all out defensive minded football was not working against Barca.

You have to understand the point I'm trying to make.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 18:34

Yes i get the point you're trying to make.

But i seriously dont understand the comparson of the kind of players Chelsea had to Madrid.

Plus the brand of football in Spain differs from England ,as you missed my comment in my post which i edited it that it all comes down to preference in the end.I actually find Spanish football more pleasing to the eye than English football.

If anything Mourinho has made Madrid play to their strengths which is their attack ofcourse and put all the criticism of him being a defensive minded coach to rest.Mou has adapted to Spanish football while you look at Capello's tenure at RM in 2006 and they were a pretty defensive team.Not so open like they are under Mou.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 18:55

Surag wrote:Yes i get the point you're trying to make.

But i seriously dont understand the comparson of the kind of players Chelsea had to Madrid.

Plus the brand of football in Spain differs from England ,as you missed my comment in my post which i edited it that it all comes down to preference in the end.I actually find Spanish football more pleasing to the eye than English football.

If anything Mourinho has made Madrid play to their strengths which is their attack ofcourse and put all the criticism of him being a defensive minded coach to rest.Mou has adapted to Spanish football while you look at Capello's tenure at RM in 2006 and they were a pretty defensive team.Not so open like they are under Mou.
We're essentially saying the same thing. Just that I'm saying it from a Chelsea perspective and you're not.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 18:57

If Chelsea win football will have lost :vagi:

Bunch of past-it retirees forcing the coach out because they want more playing time and now running the team themselves
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 19:00

Barrettinator wrote:
Surag wrote:Benfica can and i really hope.

Marseille and APOEL wont.

You all just hate Chelsea, don't you? smh Evil or Very Mad

He is a PL hater, ignore
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 10:33

I think Chelsea beating Napoli already shows that football has lost...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 12:00

Wtf, Chelsea won, Whats with the football lost phrases.
This forum really needs a check.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 12:10

Nishank wrote:Wtf, Chelsea won, Whats with the football lost phrases.
This forum really needs a check.

pride of england not supported here Evil or Very Mad
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 12:19

They should at least be respected for overcoming a 3-1 deficit, So should Arsenal they got a 3-0 back and would have gone had they had some luck with the slipping in the first leg.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 12:48

i think everybody did respect arsenal, said it was a valiant effort n all.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2