eelir
free_cat
BarcaLearning
Albiceleste
messixaviesta
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arrange Our Potential UCL Quarter Final Opponents In Order Of Preference Empty Arrange Our Potential UCL Quarter Final Opponents In Order Of Preference

Post by messixaviesta Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:33 am

Here is my order from most preferred to least.

1. APOEL
2. Marseille
3. Benfica
4. A C Milan
5. Bayern Munich
6. Chelsea
7. Real Madrid

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Arrange Our Potential UCL Quarter Final Opponents In Order Of Preference Empty Re: Arrange Our Potential UCL Quarter Final Opponents In Order Of Preference

Post by Albiceleste Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:52 am

Teams I'd like Barcelona to be drawn against in order from most preferable to least:
APOEL
Marseille
Benfica
Chelsea
Bayern Munich
Real Madrid
AC Milan

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Arrange Our Potential UCL Quarter Final Opponents In Order Of Preference Empty Re: Arrange Our Potential UCL Quarter Final Opponents In Order Of Preference

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 am

APOEL
Marseille
Benfica
Chelsea
AC Milan
Bayern
Real
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:12 am

Why everyone puts Benfica after Marseille? Benfica are clearly a softer team physically and defensively. We would walk over them (Marseille probably too, but it would be a bit more difficult).

Give me this:

Apoel
Benfica
Marseille
Bayern
Milan
Chelsea
Evil

And about the draw, I want Madrid to be in the same side as us, so we can face them in a two leg round instead of the final. Ideally, we should draw Apoel/Benfica/Marseille, while Madrid should draw Chelsea/Milan/Bayern, and in case they progress, face them in the semis.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:06 am

free_cat wrote:Why everyone puts Benfica after Marseille? Benfica are clearly a softer team physically and defensively. We would walk over them (Marseille probably too, but it would be a bit more difficult).

Give me this:

Apoel
Benfica
Marseille
Bayern
Milan
Chelsea
Evil

And about the draw, I want Madrid to be in the same side as us, so we can face them in a two leg round instead of the final. Ideally, we should draw Apoel/Benfica/Marseille, while Madrid should draw Chelsea/Milan/Bayern, and in case they progress, face them in the semis.

This!! I think this would be the best for us.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:30 am

Why do you guys fear Real Madrid, you guys always beat us lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:43 am

Not fearing RM. Just want to face you in two legs. But if a draw can make things easier for us and harder for you, why not? Should we wish you all the luck in the world?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:25 am

Crimson wrote:Why do you guys fear Real Madrid, you guys always beat us lmao

2 team league... thats why. Again this is our tournament to lose, but if anyone can stop us its likely to be Madrid. I'd like to get you guys in the semi. In a one off cup final, Madrid could pull out a lucky win or something. Too much chance in a potentially tight encounter.

However, I don't see the reason behind drawing Apoel, they won't even be a test. Its like preparing to face Madrid by warming up against Gijon. Would rather not play Bayern or Milan, but if it happens, we're still on another level I believe. Neither has convinced me, they're being hyped way too much.

My preference would be Marseille or Benfica. Both we are certain to win, but they should provide a better test than Leverkusen and boost our morale. Then play Madrid, then play Bayern or Milan in the final.

Preferable draw:

Barca vs Marseille
RM vs Milan

Bayern vs Chelsea
Apoel vs Benfica
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:18 pm

madrid first... then everyone else
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:24 pm

OM are pitiful. Might rather face them than anyone else really.

Chelsea im not concerned with at all, surprised people has them so high...they are name only.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:33 pm

billy_gr wrote:madrid first... then everyone else

This.They are riding high on their 10 point lead and seem to be growing arrogant.Time to bring them back down to earth.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RebaƱo Sagrado Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Crimson wrote:Why do you guys fear Real Madrid, you guys always beat us lmao

Oh yeah we are so arrogant. Rolling Eyes

Please, we are H&R like you. :vagi:
RebaƱo Sagrado
RebaƱo Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:05 pm

apoel is like hottest chick in the school every team wants to meet them
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:17 pm

I'll be the first to say that I want to meet Chelsea.
Either that or Real Madrid.
I'm sick of the thrashings we give to small teams in the CL.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:18 pm

alex makes a good point too.
if we get madrid and beat them, it could help us in the spanish league so I'd be happy if we got them in the draw.

is there no rule as to whether teams from the same country can draw against each other in the QF?

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Very enjoyable replies guys. I would like to comment on a few things.

1. I don't disagree with the merits of meeting Real in quarters or semis as you all have elaborated. However if it were just up to me I want to meet them in the final. Just imagine the thought of a Barca-Madrid UCL final. Imagine how we will pass every single moment leading up to when that match actually begins. Now I am not trying to put down all other teams here and claim that we will easily reach the final. This is just to explain why I have put Madrid last in my list for the draw.

2. dani, as to why I have rated Chelsea high, it's not because they are a great team. It's just that they are the kind of team that can cause us problems. For instance Bayern are likely a better team than them but the kind of game Bayern will play is the kind that we thrive on. Hence a team like Chelsea would worry me more. They could go back to their parking the bus days any time and that is what our players don't enjoy.

3. lmg, this draw is an open to all with no restrictions of any kind.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by James0311 Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:12 am

AC MILAN !!!!

It is gonna be hard !
James0311
James0311
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

We're going to crush Barca. :dance:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:38 am

Is it mean to say I see Barcelona rolling AC Milan quite easily?

I mean if AC Milan drop that many goals to Arsenal away then they are gonna get worked in Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:45 am

I think we got the worst possible draw. We are playing Milan and probably Chalsea if we win against Milan. And if we also win Chelasea (provided they qualify as well), we will be facing RM (provided they qualify) in one leg match which can go either way, and can be easier affected by luck and ref mistakes.

I just wanted to face RM in two legs.

However, i think we can get to final!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:42 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Very enjoyable replies guys. I would like to comment on a few things.

1. I don't disagree with the merits of meeting Real in quarters or semis as you all have elaborated. However if it were just up to me I want to meet them in the final. Just imagine the thought of a Barca-Madrid UCL final. Imagine how we will pass every single moment leading up to when that match actually begins. Now I am not trying to put down all other teams here and claim that we will easily reach the final. This is just to explain why I have put Madrid last in my list for the draw.

2. dani, as to why I have rated Chelsea high, it's not because they are a great team. It's just that they are the kind of team that can cause us problems. For instance Bayern are likely a better team than them but the kind of game Bayern will play is the kind that we thrive on. Hence a team like Chelsea would worry me more. They could go back to their parking the bus days any time and that is what our players don't enjoy.

3. lmg, this draw is an open to all with no restrictions of any kind.

Chelsea really trouble us back when Pep won the first one in the semis, will always remember the Iniesta winner cheers cheers cheers But I doubt they will be able to pull another 2 legs like that, they had Hiddick then and now they are just weaker.

And totally agree about the Real vs Barca final, the build up and pressure of the final would be incredible, everything for the past 2 years since MOurinho joined, all coming together to fight in the biggest stage of all. And We shall triumph! 🔒

Again I say everyone seem to overrate Milan here, I know we drew them in the groups, but now we are much stronger and they got so many weaknesses, we should go through without too much trouble I feel.

P.S. we beat them 3-2 in the other game and even the draw they had that Pato goal which dont happen a second time and got a last minute equaliser....Im feeling even more confident as I write Very Happy

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Crimson wrote:Is it mean to say I see Barcelona rolling AC Milan quite easily?

I mean if AC Milan drop that many goals to Arsenal away then they are gonna get worked in Barcelona

I agree.Frankly I just dont see how they can stop us,especially Messi.
I especially wanted to avoid Bayern.Imagine Robben against Muniesa!!!
Just glad we avoided Bayern.
We should win this tie comfortably.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Bayern are way easier than Milan IMO.

Robben would never face Muniesa, btw, before Muniesa there's Puyol and Adriano.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Amazing Puyol can fill in at LB as well as RB. HAvent seen him done it much though, and Adriano is very capable. Although better attacking than defending...

now that we avoided Bayern, hopefully they will give Real trouble on that side Twisted Evil
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:07 pm

free_cat wrote:Bayern are way easier than Milan IMO.

Robben would never face Muniesa, btw, before Muniesa there's Puyol and Adriano.

I just dont get the Milan fear.
A lucky Pato goal against Busquets and Masch at CB and a last gasp equalizer in a game we completely dominated and all of a sudden Bayern are way easier.
Barring CB's Bayern are better than Milan in every single department and that too quite comfortably.
Bayern would have been infinitely tougher than Milan.This is not the same Bayern from 08-09.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next