Chances of Bayern/Milan/Napoli pulling an "Inter 2010"?

+9
Lord Hades
manlio
S
lszanto
droit_au_but
jibers
Forza
StevieRayVaughan
Grande_Milano
13 posters

Go down

Chances of Bayern/Milan/Napoli pulling an "Inter 2010"? Empty Chances of Bayern/Milan/Napoli pulling an "Inter 2010"?

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:23 am

How realistic are their chances to become a favourite from underdogs? Or is it assured continuation of Spanish dominance?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Chances of Bayern/Milan/Napoli pulling an "Inter 2010"? Empty Re: Chances of Bayern/Milan/Napoli pulling an "Inter 2010"?

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:53 am

One of the main reasons why Inter won in 2010 was because of how well-disciplined they were following the tactics set by Mourinho. To win the CL, I think you either have to be really well-disciplined, or really talented. Neither Milan, Bayern, or Napoli are very well-disciplined, and even though they are extremely talented, there are better teams in Real and Barca who are both well-disciplined and talented.

I wouldn't count out Marseille too easily either, they are a very well-disciplined team. And if they get someone like Benfica, or Apoel and reach the semis. They will have the belief and determination to frustrate their opponents and grind out a win.

I hope Bayern wins this one, it will help Bundesliga in the future.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Chances of Bayern/Milan/Napoli pulling an "Inter 2010"? Empty Re: Chances of Bayern/Milan/Napoli pulling an "Inter 2010"?

Post by Forza Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:04 am

Marseille plays even more boring than Inter. They can only ever win by grinding out teams. If they play Milan/Bayern/Napoli it's going to be a thrashing because I expect the flood gates to open when they travel to the San Siro/Allianz/San Paolo.

If luck goes the way of Milan/Bayern/Napoli, anything can happen. The real question is who can knock Madrid and Barca out? Better if one KO's the other as soon as possible from Milan/Bayern/Napoli's perspective. Then I predict Napoli to somehow be a really bad match-up for Barca and Napoli to go through on away goals. Wink

Wishful thinking...

1/4 -------------------- 1/2 ------------------- FINAL ---------

Milan v Marseille
------------------------ Milan v Bayern
Bayern v Benfica
---------------------------------------------- Milan v Napoli
Barcelona v Madrid
------------------------ Barca v Napoli
APOEL v Napoli

eco smile eco smile eco smile
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:10 am

Napoli will reach the cl final, no matter who they get
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by droit_au_but Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:21 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Marseille plays even more boring than Inter. They can only ever win by grinding out teams. If they play Milan/Bayern/Napoli it's going to be a thrashing because I expect the flood gates to open when they travel to the San Siro/Allianz/San Paolo.

If luck goes the way of Milan/Bayern/Napoli, anything can happen. The real question is who can knock Madrid and Barca out? Better if one KO's the other as soon as possible from Milan/Bayern/Napoli's perspective. Then I predict Napoli to somehow be a really bad match-up for Barca and Napoli to go through on away goals. Wink

Wishful thinking...

Milan v Marseille
Bayern v Benfica
Barcelona v Madrid
APOEL v Napoli

We choose to grind because despite our technical talent, DD knows we are too young and inexperienced to play any form of football other than grinding to get results. With very little in the way of attacking force in the axis other than Rémy when he returns to fitness, a Brandao that I still have questions over, and a very young Jordan Ayew, we must overly rely on defensive tactics and hope for the injury time goals we have been so far blessed to receive

If we make it farther than just this precious victory over Inter, expect DD to allow us to unwind a little bit and allow our more creative side to take hold
droit_au_but
droit_au_but
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:25 am

droit_au_but wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:Marseille plays even more boring than Inter. They can only ever win by grinding out teams. If they play Milan/Bayern/Napoli it's going to be a thrashing because I expect the flood gates to open when they travel to the San Siro/Allianz/San Paolo.

Wishful thinking...

Milan v Marseille
Bayern v Benfica
Barcelona v Madrid
APOEL v Napoli

We choose to grind because despite our technical talent, DD knows we are too young and inexperienced to play any form of football other than grinding to get results. With very little in the way of attacking force in the axis other than Rémy when he returns to fitness, a Brandao that I still have questions over, and a very young Jordan Ayew, we must overly rely on defensive tactics and hope for the injury time goals we have been so far blessed to receive

If we make it farther than just this precious victory over Inter, expect DD to allow us to unwind a little bit and allow our more creative side to take hold
I agree that DD's current tactics are the smart thing to do at this stage, and possibly for the next stage too. I hope Marseille opens up for the sake of good football, but I feel the defensive way will get them further in the competition.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:26 am

LOL comparing inter to these teams. Inter were Italian chaps for mulotiple years in a row ffs. Once they beat chelsea I knew they would bein the final.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by droit_au_but Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
droit_au_but wrote:

Wishful thinking...

Milan v Marseille
Bayern v Benfica
Barcelona v Madrid
APOEL v Napoli

I agree that DD's current tactics are the smart thing to do at this stage, and possibly for the next stage too. I hope Marseille opens up for the sake of good football, but I feel the defensive way will get them further in the competition.

With the results in the league being less than the standard, expect DD to focus heavily outside the league while trying not much more than retaining a CL spot for next year. He will most likely try to employ tactics quite similar to those used in his run with Monaco in 2004, using an underdog status to upset the main contenders, and in a very volatile European competition such as this years, I think he may have a shot.

When Rémy is back and we are less reliant on Brandao to supply our goal tallies, DD should allow our more technical players to have a little more offensive freedom, something that will be vital to whatever we encounter from here further
droit_au_but
droit_au_but
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:11 am

Very highly doubt it.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:12 am

Depends on the draw..

Would be in a better position to comment once the draw is done.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by manlio Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:16 am

Milan has good chances if they meet Barca in the final .If they meet Barca before i am not sure they would go through .I don't consider Napoli or Bayern for a final win they aren't good enough .

My draw prediction

Barca - Benfica
Bayern - Apoel
___________________Barca - Bayern / AC Milan - Real Madrid __________ Barca - AC Milan

AC Milan - Marseille
Real Madrid - Napoli

manlio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:21 am

let madrid reach the quarters first lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by schwarzgelb Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:11 am

well it won't get to be this round that barca get knocked out, no doubt they'll get APOEL....
schwarzgelb
schwarzgelb
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:34 am

i just hope napoli draw barcelona so this wankfest can end

milan have a solid chance imho, but the final will be all spanish unless they meet each other before that :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:37 am

che wrote:i just hope napoli draw barcelona so this wankfest can end

milan have a solid chance imho, but the final will be all spanish unless they meet each other before that :coffee:
Y U no like the Napoli?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:39 am

because they are horribly overrated on this forum... barely qualifying for cl in their league and made look good by shit opponents in cl... their defence is as bad as ours ffs
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:43 pm

che wrote:because they are horribly overrated on this forum... barely qualifying for cl in their league and made look good by shit opponents in cl... their defence is as bad as ours ffs

Really? Bayern and Man City aren't exactly the weakest of opponents. THey can only play the teams that are on their schedule. With that in mind, they only dropped one match in the group stage, and that was to a near full-strength Bayern squad at home. Moreover, they nearly came back to draw after going down 3-0. They have the moxie to get results. Will they win? Probably not, but they are the dark-horse for this year.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:48 pm

che wrote:because they are horribly overrated on this forum... barely qualifying for cl in their league and made look good by shit opponents in cl... their defence is as bad as ours ffs

:facepalm:
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down